Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 24, 2024, 12:02:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Protect the Internet (Again...)  (Read 2105 times)
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2011, 05:56:58 PM »

Hello,

Sorry if I'm about to sound like a political activist, but if you'll indulge me for a second, I just want to try to raise awareness about this whole SOPA and Protect IP shenanigans. These are two bills trying to make their way through the US Congress that, apparently, could hurt the internet pretty bad.

A quick rundown of some of the things they could do:

• Break how DNS servers work by allowing the government blacklist certain IP addresses, possibly without even a court order.
  • Make streaming stuff with copywrited material in it a felony (like murder and arson), prosecutable by the government even if the infringed party doesn't care. This would make things like Let's Plays and lip dubs felonies.
  • Make it a crime to even link to such videos.
  • Kills Kittens

Anyways, pass the word on, write a letter or something, blah, blah, blah. As always, opposing opinions are welcome.
Report to moderator   Logged

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 12:22:04 AM »

hey mate, its been a while.
I agree and have been keeping up with all the happenings on capitol hill.
a few buddies and I have finally gotten so aggravated that we have made a website trying to raise awareness for a few things that congress is doing and shouldn't be/ not doing and should be.

its still in the early stages, but please read and feel free to comment. if you could also send me some specifics about that bill I would be happy to write an article on it.

http://lifepolitical.com/

ill check back in a few days I guess. or i can give u my email if thats easier
Report to moderator   Logged

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: