Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 06:46:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: To the new players  (Read 8803 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 10:09:07 PM »

Regarding the part where people have been abusing the TOS by using alt accounts.

I am focusing on a new update that will eliminate multi-account attacks. When an attack is issued, the system will check if the victim was attacked in the last 24 hours by an alt account of the attacker. If the check is true, then the attack will be denied.

Also, the attack will be denied if an alt account attacks another alt account, effectively preventing alt nebs.

The game will use the data in the last 30 days to determine if the attacker / victim is an alt account, so if you shared an account with someone else in the last 30 days, please note that you may not be able to attack him as it could be tagged as an alt.

Hopefully, this will limit the muli-attacks and farming alt accounts as well as improve gameplay.

This will be implemented for all servers.

God Speed!

Normally I wouldn't reply to such an old post but this comment made me lol.  There are just too many ways around a system like that.  I assume it checks by IP yes?  If so it wouldn't be nothing to use a proxy or perhaps something like Tor to get around this.  What you need to do is alter the game's TOS and ban alts all together and then if people continue to use them, delete those people's accounts. At the moment I can tell alts are not banned and it is no wonder they sometimes get abused.

It's about this update:
http://spaceoforum.etvirtualworlds.com/index.php/topic,8472.0.html

It actually helped a lot, it prevented a lot of multi-account attacks and made the ground a lot fairer. We do actually check accounts to make sure everyone follows the rule and that the TOS is respected.

The Space Odyssey TOS is a bit different then Astro Galaxy. In SO:

TOS quote:

"
You may have multiple accounts only on those circumstances:
   You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account.
   You may _not_ finance a lower power account with a higher power one in orther to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources
   You do _not_ use your multiple accounts to attack one single target.Your accounts may _not_ help each other in any way. You have to play each account as a single entity to ensure the fair play as opposed to your fellow commanders.
"
end quote;

In Astro Galaxy you may only have one account.
Report to moderator   Logged

highlandknight
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 09:07:45 PM »

last i checked mech you were not new 16
highlandknight
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 09:13:42 PM »

o and by the way i help folks out ask most folks if they need help and ask ill help them out. i clear revs i give advice and all they need do is ask 12
Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 09:00:22 AM »

Regarding the part where people have been abusing the TOS by using alt accounts.

I am focusing on a new update that will eliminate multi-account attacks. When an attack is issued, the system will check if the victim was attacked in the last 24 hours by an alt account of the attacker. If the check is true, then the attack will be denied.

Also, the attack will be denied if an alt account attacks another alt account, effectively preventing alt nebs.

The game will use the data in the last 30 days to determine if the attacker / victim is an alt account, so if you shared an account with someone else in the last 30 days, please note that you may not be able to attack him as it could be tagged as an alt.

Hopefully, this will limit the muli-attacks and farming alt accounts as well as improve gameplay.

This will be implemented for all servers.

God Speed!

Normally I wouldn't reply to such an old post but this comment made me lol.  There are just too many ways around a system like that.  I assume it checks by IP yes?  If so it wouldn't be nothing to use a proxy or perhaps something like Tor to get around this.  What you need to do is alter the game's TOS and ban alts all together and then if people continue to use them, delete those people's accounts. At the moment I can tell alts are not banned and it is no wonder they sometimes get abused.

It's about this update:
http://spaceoforum.etvirtualworlds.com/index.php/topic,8472.0.html

It actually helped a lot, it prevented a lot of multi-account attacks and made the ground a lot fairer. We do actually check accounts to make sure everyone follows the rule and that the TOS is respected.

The Space Odyssey TOS is a bit different then Astro Galaxy. In SO:

TOS quote:

"
You may have multiple accounts only on those circumstances:
   You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account.
   You may _not_ finance a lower power account with a higher power one in orther to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources
   You do _not_ use your multiple accounts to attack one single target.Your accounts may _not_ help each other in any way. You have to play each account as a single entity to ensure the fair play as opposed to your fellow commanders.
"
end quote;

In Astro Galaxy you may only have one account.

Once again let me say this.  If this is IP based it is easy to get around with using Tor.  All they got to do is sign up with their alt while running tor and you would have no clue that the 2 accounts were ever connected.  There would be no past IP match ups and thanks to the no cookies option no worries of cookies giving them away.  Do you see the problem with this system now?
SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 09:40:31 PM »

The problem with that, is that Tor assigns a completely random, ever changing IP.  Logging in from multiple IP's would flag your account as suspicious and Emi would investigate it.  Same argument with Proxies, although using a proxy is easier to detect.
Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 04:32:07 PM »

The problem with that, is that Tor assigns a completely random, ever changing IP.  Logging in from multiple IP's would flag your account as suspicious and Emi would investigate it.  Same argument with Proxies, although using a proxy is easier to detect.

There is no rule saying you can't change IPs like that though.  It happens all the time with people who use smartphones and other sorts of cell phones to play the game.  There are many that change IPs around a lot.   Hell SirEmi on astro galaxy actually has voting set up so you can vote multiple times a day if you change your IP and actually encourages it.  So even if SirEmi found it suspicious, he won't do anything about it since it don't violate the TOS nor do I think he even really cares enough about the matter to really investigate it if it were to happen.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: