Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 08:14:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: To the new players  (Read 8869 times)
The Mechanic
Private

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2011, 10:44:02 AM »

From what I have seen far.
This game is run buy those who are all about winning and not teaching.
Some of the "Vets" in this game are all about themselves rather than helping and teaching new players. The game is all about who can max out the first. Nothing more nothing less.

Yet when a new player starts stating what he/she has seen in the game he/she is then a target.

New players are targets nothing more. To add to this highlandknight even sent me this message "yea old players dont like it when noobs are over them so yea i hit you. its a war game that what we do here."

He has even told other members of his allaince to attack me and my planet.
yet denies it all.

chickenbuttt(#133091)
2011-12-20 22:20:31
Re: Re: Planet invasion in system BES-153

im being told to or i will get chased out of the game

Add to ignore list  
Replied to message:
Why??

I started this round just before DDay and decided to play a full round. At one point in time I was above one of the "Vets", and he kept attacking me. When asked why I was informed that I had too many segments and to get rid of them by building a planet or letting someone take them. I built a planet and the only person that was willing ot help me with the planet was Resolution. Ever since then I have a a target on my back.

To give people an idea of how noobs are treated. when dredwick (a vet) created a new account to play solo everyone thought that he was a new player and even resolution (a hated player).

It has also been made clear that other members of this game use alts to attack others and then attack them with their main account against TOS.

http://spaceoforum.etvirtualworlds.com/index.php/topic,8287.0.html

If a Noob starts to get good at the game by listening to others he is a target and will get taken out.

I have also learned that it is not how good of a player you are in the game it is how much you donate. The more that you donate to the game the more that "EMI" looks away.

If they do not like what you are saying in open chat they block you in the open chat. It is the "Vets" that control and run the game.

All new players really need to quit the game before they waist all their credits. "EMI" turns the other way to the Vets and to those that donate the most.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:03:54 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 12:18:51 PM »

Hahah..haha...hahaahah...haha...

You really gave me a good lau- Wait, you're that ignorant, and stupid?

'Vets' that aren't willing to help or teach new players? Really? Really? Point them out. I can tell you right now that 90% of the people that even know anything about the game will share their knowledge. Sure, not everything. Everyone has to hold some stuff back, but come on. Really?

Dredwick will help pretty much anyone, granted you aren't an not a very nice person to him. Charlie Scene, Chocolate Death, Gazkul, even. Saturn 7, Fester, myself.

New players are targets. Really? No. Everyone is a target. New players just don't know how to defend so they are an easier target. You know how easy it is to stop that? Go on chat and say "Can somebody help me? I need to know how to defend myself!" and sure enough, what happens? People help!

Now, on to how new people are treated in general. Resolution isn't a new player...he's just a guy that nobody likes, because he lies his way through nearly everything in order to get somewhere - P.S. It won't work.
You get some ignorant fools who startup and don't listen to people. They get stigmas...you get vets who return under different names...People usually hate them or are annoyed by them until they know who they are, because they don't want to know that a new guy can play well his first round. *Cough*.

When a new player does well, sure they'll be a target! Gee, I wonder why? Could it be...this game is competitive? Well, not really, but can you see what I mean? If someone is doing better than you...would it not be a good idea to pop them? Take their spot, etc.

Alt abuse is a real problem. I won't even touch on that.

Emi turns the other way to 'Vets' and to those that donate the most? Sigh. You really are ignorant. Nobody can prove the donator side, though it's been said for ages. I'll admit I agree with it on one hand, but he doesn't ignore if they do something wrong...well, he does. He ignores everyone. Noobs and oldies alike. Donators and non-donators. I guess you haven't looked around the forums at the topics where people will state that Emi doesn't care, isn't around, etc.

Back up a bit. Cause I just read this part XD Chickenbuttt getting forced out of the game. Now, that's either HK saying that or some noob and the poor boy doesn't know better...either way, not going to happen. 16

Don't tell people to quit. Tell people to play. Maybe then Emi will care...or maybe then there will be a good population of normal people instead of ignorant fools...
Report to moderator   Logged
Cpt. Relentless
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 12:21:52 PM »

Seconded.. Also people like Borg, wes etc. WILL help people out when they play.. The thing with vets is that they actually enjoy this game and don't want it to die out, everybody has noticed that the game is dying because there just aren't that many people.. These guys actually do want new people to play to make the game more exciting etc.

Lieutenant-Lolz
Private

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 12:25:48 PM »

As for the new player part, this is the first round i've actually played, and i've recieved nothing BUT help from almost all of the 'Vets' so i don't know where you get your information. I've made mistakes in the game, and have been given advice to correct the mistakes. Know why? Because i ASKED. Maybe if you were a remotely pleasant player, someone may be willing to help. And actually, mech. i think you'll find even I have helped you, given advice and information on things that i know, so i wouldn't complain on that part. Either way your points are completely invalid.
Lieutenant-Lolz
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 12:28:08 PM »

no need luke  3
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 02:34:15 PM »

One thing where you made a small mistake, was to start your own alliance up. Your basically a bigger target as many suspect you may be an alt.
It's better to begin under the protection of an established alliance before you go your own way... you'll learn more and will have the advantage of getting advise even when your offline via alliance chat.
The donating issue, is not entirely true... you can do well without donating, though a gold account is a major plus.
Vets.... there are hardly(actually virtually none) any playing at the moment, so you cant really put blame on them for not helping. There are quite a few experienced players, but I wouldn't go as far as to call them vets. (I'd put myself in that catagory too)
I don't know your playstyle, as I haven't really spoken to you... but your name has come up in Nemesis chat for attempting to take out one of our members stations.  That doesn't help you, as it's made us suspicious of your intent.
Your welcome to mail me in game for any advise... I will help, even to those who attack me. (usually when they make silly attacks and blow themselves up)
One major piece of advise.... when you do get attacked, just take it and don't complain... actions are far better than words.
The Mechanic
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 02:37:57 PM »

I tried to join several allainces.
Everyone of them told me that they are not taking new people as they could be spies.
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 03:53:26 PM »

There is alot of suspicion at the moment, it seems to be a popular trend to play alt accounts and/or change your name each round. I don't know who you applied to, but most of the bigger active alliances have been very agressively competitive with each other, so they are suspicious of spies.
I know it sounds a bit weird.... but I think the players who are giving advise to should maybe limit the amount they give in one go to new players. This sounds like I'm saying don't help new people, but I think too much is actually harming their development. They become too high profile, and thus a big target before they can realistically defend themselves. Learning the game in obscurity is alot easier.... thats how I started. In your first round, you really should not be appearing in top 10... for your own good.
You are known now, so that can't be changed, unless you start a new account, but that then leads to suspicions of who you really are.
As I've said, if you want to continue playing, then mail me in game if you need help.
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 04:29:17 PM »

Sat's got a point with everything there. Nearly all of us outside of Nemesis have changed our names 16

As for helping people, I dunno sat. I usually start with designing, and then fleet setups and stuff first...so I guess it depends on the order you do it.
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 04:52:27 PM »

No particular order in which things are taught.. its just that new players need to stay clear of the more experienced pvp'rs. New players first thoughts usually are... can I get into top 10.. then the trouble starts.
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 12:28:37 PM »

usually I'm quick to respond to any pms I have regarding the game, or tactics to thwart pvp, or engage in it. You can ask anyone who pms me regularly how quick I am to respond, and if I'm willing to give out advice. Most people in the top 10 now a days have been taught by me, and most of them started off as nubs. So there is nothing holding back new players aside from a few vets who can't pvp people on their own level (hk) and have to rely on people still learning the game to engage in some good ol' pvp fun that isn't occurring within the upper ranks without me present, because we all know I'm not scared to hit a few people in the upper ranks.

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Cpt. Relentless
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 02:17:39 PM »

But alot of new people don't know who you are since you don't play so don't think to pm you 16

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 05:24:52 PM »

Regarding the part where people have been abusing the TOS by using alt accounts.

I am focusing on a new update that will eliminate multi-account attacks. When an attack is issued, the system will check if the victim was attacked in the last 24 hours by an alt account of the attacker. If the check is true, then the attack will be denied.

Also, the attack will be denied if an alt account attacks another alt account, effectively preventing alt nebs.

The game will use the data in the last 30 days to determine if the attacker / victim is an alt account, so if you shared an account with someone else in the last 30 days, please note that you may not be able to attack him as it could be tagged as an alt.

Hopefully, this will limit the muli-attacks and farming alt accounts as well as improve gameplay.

This will be implemented for all servers.

God Speed!

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 02:14:42 AM »

Hi.. welcome to the forums

Jam-Jul Lison
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 08:43:10 PM »

Regarding the part where people have been abusing the TOS by using alt accounts.

I am focusing on a new update that will eliminate multi-account attacks. When an attack is issued, the system will check if the victim was attacked in the last 24 hours by an alt account of the attacker. If the check is true, then the attack will be denied.

Also, the attack will be denied if an alt account attacks another alt account, effectively preventing alt nebs.

The game will use the data in the last 30 days to determine if the attacker / victim is an alt account, so if you shared an account with someone else in the last 30 days, please note that you may not be able to attack him as it could be tagged as an alt.

Hopefully, this will limit the muli-attacks and farming alt accounts as well as improve gameplay.

This will be implemented for all servers.

God Speed!

Normally I wouldn't reply to such an old post but this comment made me lol.  There are just too many ways around a system like that.  I assume it checks by IP yes?  If so it wouldn't be nothing to use a proxy or perhaps something like Tor to get around this.  What you need to do is alter the game's TOS and ban alts all together and then if people continue to use them, delete those people's accounts. At the moment I can tell alts are not banned and it is no wonder they sometimes get abused.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: