Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 29, 2024, 06:15:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: More Alt Abuse  (Read 5980 times)
Gazkul
Private

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2011, 07:06:24 PM »

Okay, my problem with this, is that, Clarkie(Chocolate) used an alt to scout my Stations to see there HP and then came in with his main an attacked my stations. Under the "Terms and Service" it cleary states - 1) You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account.   

2) You do _not_ use your multiple accounts to attack one single target.Your accounts may _not_ help each other in any way. You have to play each account as a single entity to ensure the fair play as opposed to your fellow commanders.

If it was fair play, I wouldn't care, it's the fact someone has to cheat in order to kill my station. I attacked all their stations last night, fair and square. Did not use an alt. I would like something to be done in this case. It may be minor abuse, but it isn't allowed.  I will add, that Mythyknight is Highland's alt account.

Limitations    
        (I) The maximum amounts of accounts per person
   You may have multiple accounts only on those circumstances:
   You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account.
   You may _not_ finance a lower power account with a higher power one in orther to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources
   You do _not_ use your multiple accounts to attack one single target.Your accounts may _not_ help each other in any way. You have to play each account as a single entity to ensure the fair play as opposed to your fellow commanders.

Chocolate Death!!(#107013)

Structure(s) under attack in system ZDE-490

2011-11-23 17:12:08

Structure(s) under attack in system URE-334

2011-11-23 17:11:00

Structure(s) under attack in system XIE-284

2011-11-23 17:10:09

Attack in system XIE-284

2011-11-23 17:10:09

Structure(s) under attack in system PZD-873

2011-11-23 17:09:09

Attack in system PZD-873

2011-11-23 17:09:09

golden boii(#149733)

Structure(s) under attack in system PZD-873

2011-11-23 17:06:02

golden boii(#149733)

Attack in system PZD-873

2011-11-23 17:06:02

Mythknight(#145743) (online)

Structure(s) under attack in system RMR-722

2011-11-23 13:41:09

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On a whole other note. I believe that although they might not be the same person, that highlandknight(#103445) uses catlady(#103118) to attack people. Now if it is true, I have been attacked by both of them within a 24hour time frame. Personally, I would like to see you check into this. It's been said many of times that it's him and to no avail nothing has been done.

Can you actually try and do something about these problems?

EDIT

That's just lucky right? HK logs on, coverts me, and then catlady moments later? Dude, emi can you do something about this CLEAR abuse??

From    Subject    Date/Time    All

catlady(#103118)

COUNTER - COVERT OPS!!!

2011-11-23 20:12:04

catlady(#103118)

COUNTER - COVERT OPS!!!

2011-11-23 20:11:55

highlandknight(#103445) (online)

COUNTER - COVERT OPS!!!

2011-11-23 20:10:37

highlandknight(#103445)

COUNTER - COVERT OPS!!!

2011-11-23 20:10:21

highlandknight(#103445)

COUNTER - COVERT OPS!!!

2011-11-23 19:33:49
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:14:33 PM by Gazkul » Report to moderator   Logged
highlandknight
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 11:41:57 PM »

well first off everyone has a alt. and everyone uses there alt. the tos says you can use your alt to attack a player and then use your main on them. 2 any account that has a counter on said you can attack. in the case you posted about catlady. well even if it were me on her account. not saying it was. but if it were it was a counter so that is not a tos broken rule. so keep crying becouse you used a alt to find some of 30 stations all over the board with you alt. alt abuse... good day
Report to moderator   Logged
Gazkul
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 01:10:44 AM »

well first off everyone has a alt. and everyone uses there alt. the tos says you can use your alt to attack a player and then use your main on them. 2 any account that has a counter on said you can attack. in the case you posted about catlady. well even if it were me on her account. not saying it was. but if it were it was a counter so that is not a tos broken rule. so keep crying becouse you used a alt to find some of 30 stations all over the board with you alt. alt abuse... good day

Okay, let me break it down for you, Highlandknight, since you have an obvious medical condition that stops you from reading or comprehending a sentence.

Step 1 -
the tos says you can use your alt to attack a player and then use your main on them.
- Now, let's look back on the rules. Looky here, I found it.

As TOS says - You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account.   - Meaning, using an alt to attack, scout, whatever, is thereby helping out your main. By Clarkie using an alt to scout my stations, he was able to see my Station set up. HELPING one single account. Clear and obvious breach of TOS.

Step 2 - No one is talking about having alt's you sloth. I'm saying people use alts and abuse the game. Which is not fair. I've seen you chat countless times about how Space Pirates are cheating, yada, yada, yada. Broski you do the exact same. -So I label you as a hypocrite.

Step 3 - The point I'm saying about Cat Lady is that you use his/her account to attack people. I've been attacked by both of those accounts within a 24hour period. This isn't the first time you have been called out on it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 01:14:14 AM by Gazkul » Report to moderator   Logged
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 11:11:04 PM »

Well not saying he is guilty but if he is good luck getting a punishment period and even if there is one it would be weak like nightys punishment last round.. But I think we have discussed this before and if hk is in control of both accounts and he had counters from both it would be okay for him to use both.. But if he has no counters then thats pure abuse.. also on the clarkie station deal if thats his alt its abuse and more should be done than just ban the crappy alt account... no real punishment there

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 11:38:10 PM »

Based on the ToS using counters with two accounts is a violation of the ToS. Whether, or not this should be the case is debatable, but Sir Emi has never publicly clarified if counters are exempt.

As to V's point about killing pships with an alt being no different, than getting an alliance mate to do it. The main difference is getting an alliance mate to do it is more difficult, due to coordination between the two player and it can cost a bit if they need to reserve ships. Using a alt to attack the player is often easier, than getting an alliance mate to do so.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 09:59:52 AM »

I have reviewed this case and the involved accounts.

The Galaxy is a special PvP area where any account can attack a station. Also, the station owner is not always known to the attacker.

The timing of the attacks is certainly a correlation factor, however stations should be viewed as independent targets in the Galaxy and thus can be attacked by alt accounts as independent targets.

However, if he uses his alt accounts to soften your mothership or station, then using another alt account to attack the same station or mothership, that is a breach of the TOS and it will be enforced.

Using a "counter attack", if the counter has been given as a consequence of a direct attack by a commander, does not entitle the commander to claim a player is breaking the TOS when using those counters.

Using counters is completely justified, and a player should not try and lure alt accounts and main accounts by attacking both main and alt. In this case, the alt and main is completely justified in taking the counters.

However, further attacks that are not counters and done by the main & alt can be considered a TOS breach, however in dealing with the case all factors will be taken into consideration, like how much damage the battle did, where they provoked first with direct attack, etc.

If the attacker however is an alt / main and he attacks one of his other alts, then responds to it with counters, then that would be a clear violation of the TOS.

So this case, we have attacking of independent targets in the Galaxy with no softening and not against the rules, then taking of counters that are justified.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:02:13 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 09:46:57 PM »

Well I think I speak for many spaceo players when I say I disagree with the galaxy stations part of your comments. You are saying its allowed to scout other peoples planets and structures then hit with the main.. That in my books is using one account to benefit another

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 09:05:30 AM »

The timing of the attacks is certainly a correlation factor, however stations should be viewed as independent targets in the Galaxy and thus can be attacked by alt accounts as independent targets.

However, if he uses his alt accounts to soften your mothership or station, then using another alt account to attack the same station or mothership, that is a breach of the TOS and it will be enforced.

No cameron, he said every station is an independent target. So I could kill 2 stations with account A, 2 stations with account B... etc

But you are not allowed to hit one station with both your alt as your main.

Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 01:45:52 PM »

A station unless equiped with fighters etc, it cant be softened up, it will remain the same strength, therefore whoever hits it with whatever account really wont make a difference. About the only thing that an alt could do is effectively scan/scout it. Planets can be already scanned without anyone knowing anyway.
Planet attacks are different... they can be softened up, so tos conditions should apply.
Using alts for scouting purposes is widely used... even just looking for resources... that in itself benefits a main account, but without banning all alts it can't be stopped or monitored.  There are other uses for alts that I know some people use to benefit their mains, but since I dont use it, I won't divulge the tactic.
Gazkul
Private

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 04:35:47 PM »

Wouldn't that be coordinating an attack?

e(#1)
2011-11-29 08:17:05
Re: highlandknight abuse

Hello,

catlady(#103118) is his daughter's account. He is allowed to use the counters on that account, but he is not allowed to use it to soften or coordinate attacks on your mothership, station, etc.

Please let me know if he uses the catlady and his main account to attack a station or your mothership.

Thank you,

Sir Emi

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 08:23:10 PM »

No cameron, he said every station is an independent target. So I could kill 2 stations with account A, 2 stations with account B... etc

But you are not allowed to hit one station with both your alt as your main.

Looking at this, isn't that what was done?

But Emi, you keep changing your mind on stuff..
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: