Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 08:44:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SO Main - Covert Ops attack  (Read 14212 times)
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 04:28:22 AM »

trying to prevent all the noobs hiding in nebs..
Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2010, 02:46:35 PM »

But many dont realise is that if your ships get captured, you get no compensation!!
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 05:52:34 PM »

trying to prevent all the noobs hiding in nebs..

what, making them figure "ah I get money back so who cares..."   that's so stupid.  a defender could literally get more money from a blown up ship than the attack can make a profit.  I could spend say, 500 billion trying to board a ship (not full of marines, of course)- then it blows up, and the defender makes say 1-2 tril off the up to 60% returned to them.  WTF?  I worked hard to try and RUIN that other player, but all they gotta do is make a little more money and buy back the darn ship... I want to push them weeks behind, not days, hours.

giving them back the money just slows them down a bit - not pushing them behind weeks..  when you say 0 someone with lots of ship, and they get NO scraps it could literally push them back 2-3 weeks, I know I've seen it happen (done it, had it happen to me)  they have EVERYTHING in their ships, something goes wrong, they get hit - bam! your entire round gone.

the point of PVP i thought was to destroy your enemy's, not scrap their ships for them so they don't have to sell them for a new upgrade later on.

I though i saw something along the lines of changing the sell value right? so people with gold can't do the lose 10% thing (or was that removed??) so your trying to say a guy could get scrapped, get lucky, and make MORE money off their ship's parts than selling them is worth?? - or for another case, BEFORE line is maxed or to the 32% (with gold, 52% without) (the 10% sell/buy) point.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 05:54:49 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 07:30:02 PM »

lamma

http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,5887.0.html
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 04:59:40 AM »

these covert ops attacks are poop... theres really no benefit of attacking now... the defender has all the advantages..

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2011, 03:03:05 AM »

Most of this update was good.. But we need to change the have to destroy 3% to leave a counter.. scouts should leave a counter too

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2011, 10:43:02 AM »

actually, while on this topic, Emi, we need to find some way whereby the original attacker cannot completely hide after making an attack.
As it stands currently, I can make an attack, then either defend myself with 30+ lines of pships making it basically impossible for anyone to get to my ships, or I can make an attack, then reserve my fleets, then reserve 3 lines of pships above them, then whalah. I just rendered their covert op, and any form of retribution totally useless.

Perhaps we could make it so that ships used in a PvP attack cannot be sold or reserved while the counter is active?
ideas? anyone?

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 02:27:07 PM »

I actually agree that the ships that did the attacking cannot be reserved. They can be sold , but thats all.
Another possible solution is the 10 line limit that can be used in battle... make it that 10 lines is the total max number of ships you can have out... that way if you have mains out, the most you can have is 9 lines of powers in front.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 02:32:52 PM »

I like that idea sat.. most amount of fleets you can have is 10

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: