Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 20, 2024, 06:03:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: More bounty Info  (Read 7614 times)
Demitrious Ducas
Lance Corporal

I can't say anything making this image any better!

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2006, 03:12:07 AM »

On the bounty hunting page, where it lists your own stats, like rep, level, bounty range, can we also have included OUR current bounty amount?

With so many commanders it is too hard to search and find your own position on the list.
Report to moderator   Logged
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 09:13:05 AM »

Commander level 3, Reputation -64

this?

or you mean the cost of your bounty,

mabey emi can just add in a seuch bar like hes done with other things

Demitrious Ducas
Lance Corporal

I can't say anything making this image any better!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 11:21:53 AM »

Yes, I'm hoping to see the value of your own bounty added to that area. Search isn't needed since you can't talk to the counsel about your own bounty anyway, so it's position on the list and it's link to the collect page doesn't gain you any more information.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 09:38:49 AM »

well i can see mine 16 i can im actally on my own bounty list, and it says collectable to lol

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 02:45:20 PM »

I would like to see what alliance they are in.  bounties gave me a scare yesterday:
I attacked someone I didn't know, couldn't see in rankings, and come to find out they were using ships I was giving to my alliance! same name and everything.  I hurried up and went to my alliance page, make sure he wasn't a G_Unit member who didn't say much or something. laugh

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Nightguard
Private

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 04:40:56 PM »

IN life a bounty hunter gets as much info as poss,so why don't we get the alliance the mark is in? confused Without this info we leave ourselves open to reprisals from fellow alliance members & risk war with allies fed up with bounty attacks against those we cannot see in the rankings. 
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »

Yeah I know what youre talking about Nightguard. Its so anoying that you can see alliance

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 05:34:15 PM »

ya, either that, make it so the person bountied does not know who did it, then it leaves people to bounty freely without having to worry about being publicly announced that he is the one who did it.  I mean, it's called a bounty, but if you look at the description of what they want you to do, it sounds more like an undercover sabotage operation, and people don't announce who their spies are to the whole world when they succeed (or fail, for that matter)

but yeah, either one or the other, or both, but NOT neither, this is BADLY needed:

1: show victims alliance
2: don't show who did the bounty, even to person who was bountied.

now if both go in, then you could let the victim know who did it if the person fails, then it would leave it a lot more life-like.  if they succeed, you don't know WHO did it...  lol, how about this:

overkill (75%-100% destruction of enemy fleets): no information on person attacking is obtained, no counter

mission success (minimum bounty requirement to 74% of enemy fleets destroyed): you know who did it, but no counter (someone noticed a flag, but not long enough to take notes 16)

mission failure (mission failed, lol, not much else to say): you know who did it, and now have a nice counter against them as well 1

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 05:39:49 PM »

ars what your saying will make bounties even more powerful then they are right now :S... and bounties already best type of attack (better then counters)

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 05:43:24 PM »

bounties only hit fleets, so how are they better then any other attack?

and besides, It was mostly a suggestion, but either one or the other HAS to go in.

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 05:48:54 PM »

oh yeah alliance would definitly help... being able to hit som1 totally unseen or just without a counter for a bunch of credits where base power doesnt matter though? i think that might be a bit too good...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 01:18:30 AM »

no, ars's idea is good, as it is highly realistic, and it seems that realistic (to an extent) is where this game is headed.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 02:46:02 PM »

I agreee with ars that thier alliance needs to be put into the bounty page so we have no excuse for attacking allies and truced parties.  the excuse I didnt know will no longer be acceptable.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 03:14:44 PM »

ya, and to a lesser extent, making it so no one but the one doing the bounty knows they did it would also help.

as it is now, say if I bountied gunfighter, no matter what, he KNOWS I am the one who did it.

but if that were changed, and no hint given, for all gunfighter would know, anyone else in range to bounty him could have done it.  one of his own teammates could have done it for all he could know, so there would be no speculation in the first place.

see my point?

right now, we have the worst of both situations, we DO know who did it, but they DON'T know what alliance you are in, or at least very easily.

hmmm...  planet bond?  james bond?

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 04:44:01 PM »

that is a good idea make a bonty un counterable, and not seen who did it, then i wouldnt be afraid :p to bounty ppl

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: