Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 01:16:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PvP?  (Read 1708 times)
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »

Soooo....Dunno if lack of PvP is still a problem, but I think this is a nice idea anyhow...

There's salvage, but why not change it to this:

Any attack, successful or otherwise, rewards you with credits equal to the cost of the ships you destroyed, value changed by your discount. Minimum 100%, maximum 150% on successful attacks...

I think this is a great way to promote people to start attacking, because even if you fail, you'll get a decent reward! Once they get better, they could even live off of it if they do it right. The other idea I have is daily bonuses...

So basically, based on rank, complete a certain amount of successful attacks and you get rewarded credits based on some value, maybe the fleets you destroyed, or your current fleets, or cash on hand, I dunno. Rewarded at the 0 hour mark of the server if you do the right amount of attacks...

I dunno if you'll like either.
Report to moderator   Logged
Cpt. Relentless
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 05:36:04 PM »

Hmm.. this is an interesting suggestion.. 1 I've never thought about it like that. But because PvP is somewhat lackluster what better a way to promote it than offering people rewards?! I think half of the problem behind no PvP was that you get a bare minimum amount of credits, and some resources.. Where as they get the majority of credits back.. That is unless the ship gets captured then they get nothing back for that one but the chances of capping a ship are too low happy

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 05:38:22 PM »

Increase the rate of capturing a ship? Returns are therefore even greater on board attempts...I like the idea of defenders getting back though...because everybody will quit for no reason nowadays.

Perhaps offer alternative rewards than credits for the original salvage update Emi had placed, perhaps cp, segments not just based upon enemy's mothership? A percentage of the player's items?

There are a lot of things that can be done, and I just posted the two I liked the most...
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: