Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 29, 2024, 05:49:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: NightShadow Banned..  (Read 6604 times)
NightShadow
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2011, 10:04:32 PM »

Well.. It's come to my attention, NightShadow was banned. For the following reasons; "Your account NightShadow(#4884) has been found multiple times in violation of our TOS stating that you can not soften / attack multiple targets using your multiple accounts."

I wasn't aware that if you use an alt to attack someone and then use your main to counter it was against TOS. If so then many more people need to get banned. I find this complete and utter bullshit.

Attack BY you    COUNTER - Remote Attack - Board
Full Report    resolution(#145338)    771.536.703    598.003.188    2011-09-19 13:21:08
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:08:26 PM by NightShadow » Report to moderator   Logged

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:06:56 PM »

Well.. It's come to my attention, NightShadow was banned. For the following reasons; "Your account NightShadow(#4884) has been found multiple times in violation of our TOS stating that you can not soften / attack multiple targets using your multiple accounts."

I wasn't aware that if you use an alt to attack someone and then use your main to counter it was against TOS. If so then many more people need to get banned. I find this complete and utter bullshit.
The rule is you can't attack a player with two accounts within 24 hours of each other. Does not specify that counter attacks don't count.

A singular ban without warning since the rule is rarely enforced is quite odd. There are several players who violate this rule regularly.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:36:21 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne » Report to moderator   Logged
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 11:08:54 PM »

Yep... That's the rules always been the rules
Report to moderator   Logged

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 11:51:54 PM »

I'm pretty disappointed about this one. Not because of who got banned as I couldn't care less about that. I'm disappointed because HK was caught doing this by Grondavor - nothing happened. So to prove a point - I blatantly and purposely did this on Elite. Again - nothing happened. (both were reported in this area)
I don't doubt others have broken this and other rules this round.

All I ask for is CONSISTENCY. If you're going to ban people for violating ToS - GREAT! Please do! But this means you need to look into EVERY report posted in the abuse section and do something about it FROM NOW ON (I don't think you should ban all those from the past as you wouldnt have a game left. But from here on everyone is warned)

And if you're not going to do anything about it - then don't!

So, Emi, may we have your word that the ToS is now being fully enforced and we can post inquiries here and they WILL be looked into? Please?

---Wes

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 06:51:15 AM »

NightShadow(#4884) was banned for the remainder of this SO Main round for blatant and clear violation of the TOS.

He kept his NightShadow(#4884) account intentionally at low power so he can hit newbie players at low power and destroy the power ships, while in the same time using Alicaryn Mitarashi(#45215) account to destroy the same new players if they got up in power.

Our TOS clearly states you can not do this, especially to new players.

A cross reference check on the two accounts clearly shows the accounts as alts of the same person. If you choose to break the TOS you do this at your own risk of having one or more of your alts banned / locked for the remainder of the round or permanently if you continue, especially if you do this to new players.

If you want more details of what he did here it is:

Softening up the target 2 times by destroying it's power ships:
Remote Attack - Regular  NightShadow(#4884) 21.380.169    1.371.548.052    2011-09-19 12:54:09
Remote Attack - Regular  NightShadow(#4884)    2.147.040    1.369.480.753    2011-09-19 12:57:41

Now coming up 5 minutes later with his main account totally annihilating the target's power:
COUNTER - Remote Attack - Board Alicaryn Mitarashi(#45215)    771.536.703    598.003.188    2011-09-19 13:21:08

Do NOT do the above with multi accounts, it is in violation of the TOS.

NightShadow(#4884) will be released in the next round, provided he does not repeat this behavior.

highlandknight
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 09:32:59 AM »

and that is a lie. i never hit gorn with my main he was to low to hit with my main. but i did hit him with my alt. why you ask he is a punk 12
NightShadow
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 12:30:06 PM »

First off, Emi, just be consistent with your work. That's all I ask. If you feel I was wrong then okay. Although I wish the TOS would be a littler bit more clear about alts and counters. I still find it bullshit but what can I do?

Second, "He kept his NightShadow(#4884) account intentionally at low power so he can hit newbie players at low power and destroy the power ships, while in the same time using Alicaryn Mitarashi(#45215) account to destroy the same new players if they got up in power." That whole quote is just nerfed. How the hell do you know what I'm doing, Emi? Even if I did attack someone with both accounts it was outside  of 24hours unless it was a COUNTER. And again this has been done before.

Again, If your gonna enforce TOS then actually do it. I know first hand that we have brought complaints to you in the past, and previous rounds and poop gets done. Don't come on playing the hero only when you feel like it. Whatever though, I'm not gonna dwell on this. At least my main account wasn't banned, I appreciate that.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 12:43:15 PM by NightShadow » Report to moderator   Logged

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 02:41:15 PM »

Yeah, counters have always been an iffy subject... I remember one round where it was decided, verbally by Emi, that multiple counters were not a violation of ToS if someone was dumb enough to leave you them on multiple accounts.

While your situation was only slightly different, as you used your own account to clear someones pships instead of having one of us do it.
I still think the above could be followed to a logical conclusion to say that what you did was acceptable. Hell, I was online when you made that attack and you even said in chat something to the effect of "this is awesome, he left me a counter so now i can hit him with 2 accounts within 24 hours and not break the ToS."

As I currently understand it, via my knowledge, experience, and past communication with Emi, the rules about alts basically can be summed up as this:

-You ARE allowed to have multiple accounts
-You ARE allowed to share passwords
-You ARE allowed to use any counters available, even if they are on the same person within a 24 hour period.

However...

-You are NOT allowed to initiate an attack from more than 1 account on the same player within a 24 hour period.
-You are NOT allowed to initiate an attack on a player from any other account, if you currently have a counter available on that player. (what nighty did)
This also goes for ANY type of attack (i.e. scanning a players planet using an alt, then attacking with your main [within a 24 hour period] is a violation of the ToS)

Emi... Am I correct?
---Wes

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 03:09:53 PM »

First off, Emi, just be consistent with your work. That's all I ask. If you feel I was wrong then okay. Although I wish the TOS would be a littler bit more clear about alts and counters. I still find it bullshit but what can I do?

Second, "He kept his NightShadow(#4884) account intentionally at low power so he can hit newbie players at low power and destroy the power ships, while in the same time using Alicaryn Mitarashi(#45215) account to destroy the same new players if they got up in power." That whole quote is just nerfed. How the hell do you know what I'm doing, Emi? Even if I did attack someone with both accounts it was outside  of 24hours unless it was a COUNTER. And again this has been done before.

Again, If your gonna enforce TOS then actually do it. I know first hand that we have brought complaints to you in the past, and previous rounds and poop gets done. Don't come on playing the hero only when you feel like it. Whatever though, I'm not gonna dwell on this. At least my main account wasn't banned, I appreciate that.

Night's my friend, but that's not why I'm posting this, just so you know...

I 100% agree with both NightShadow and mannaman15 on this occasion. You remind me of a referee that's still behind the ears in this case, Emi. Say, pretend it's the playoffs, in any sport, and you call one guy and not another, the crowds will be friggen upset. The reasoning will be, either call all penalties or none.

Honestly, this is sloppy work by you.

And, in the future, clearly state rules including counters. I've always been lead to believe that what was done is not alt abuse.

I am not saying he should not be banned, as he has done many things in the past, but come on, we all have, man. You just let poop slide and let poop slide and make crappy calls.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 03:39:23 PM »

As I currently understand it, via my knowledge, experience, and past communication with Emi, the rules about alts basically can be summed up as this:

-You ARE allowed to use any counters available, even if they are on the same person within a 24 hour period.

However...

-You are NOT allowed to initiate an attack from more than 1 account on the same player within a 24 hour period.
-You are NOT allowed to initiate an attack on a player from any other account, if you currently have a counter available on that player. (what nighty did)
This also goes for ANY type of attack (i.e. scanning a players planet using an alt, then attacking with your main [within a 24 hour period] is a violation of the ToS)

this is the way I have always understood it to be.. What nighty did was a breach of tos.. he used multiple accounts and one without a counter to attack the same account... alt abuse.. You can't even scout someone you have a counter on with an alt.. alt abuse as well

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 03:41:27 PM »

NightShadow(#4884) was banned for the remainder of this SO Main round for blatant and clear violation of the TOS.

He kept his NightShadow(#4884) account intentionally at low power so he can hit newbie players at low power and destroy the power ships, while in the same time using Alicaryn Mitarashi(#45215) account to destroy the same new players if they got up in power.

Our TOS clearly states you can not do this, especially to new players.

The TOS does not state new players have increased levels of protection nor should it. The TOS should equally apply equally to all players regardless of them being new to the game, or old. There should be no double standards, or inconsistencies in how the TOS is enforced.

It can be seen as worse to do it to new players, but again that should not effect how it is enforced.

However...

Emi... Am I correct?
---Wes

Your right we do need clarification on this.

The strictest interpretation of it that you can't attack the same person with multiple accounts within 24 hours means if someone attacks two of your accounts you can only counter with one of them.

An alternative is this. You are not allowed to attack someone with more than one account, unless all of the attacks are counter attacks.

This would mean players can't exploit the rule to stop from being attacked and prevent what NightShadow did.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:58:57 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne » Report to moderator   Logged
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 08:04:43 PM »

Ya Wes and I along with a few others were discussing this a couple months ago when hk did it.  I think that the ToS should be revised so that the rules are more clear on what you can and can not do, and there needs to be a consistent punishment

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 06:16:02 AM »

Well start punishing everyone who breaks ToS, make the ToS more clear, everyone happy.

Looks like you got some work to do Emi  wow

lllSp4nKylll
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 09:40:28 PM »

Im laughing too hard to post a serious reply... laugh
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: