Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 18, 2024, 09:58:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: So Elite isn't Elite!  (Read 6667 times)
The Face Eater
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2011, 03:54:49 PM »

so this sever is so called an "Elite" server, yet it has ALL the noob protections still on it?

I thought the entire point of the server was to be an old version of spaceo with some updates on it.  I didn't think that when the description said this it roughly translated to "old version of spaceo with NOOB PROTECTION ON IT" because from about a week worth of playing that's ALL I see. With exception of the Insurrection all the "benefited updates"  are just the noob protections.  This makes Elite not at all Elite, but more so the most epic noob server of the entire series.  

Emi, you need to remove the salvaging on shipwrecks, at least the recovery part for the person attacked.  when someone gets killed they need to get killed.  Right now the salvaging on Elite is so ridiculous the math has been done and its actually BETTER to be attacked and lose a ship than to sell a ship. (for an upgrade).

you also need to stabilize the attacking salvage a bit, I noticed after attacking the entire top ten (that I could reach) that when i took out a guy's 30bil in ships I salvaged 5.8 bil from the wrecks (as the attacker) but when I took out a guys 450 bil in ships I salvaged 900 mil from the wrecks.  WTF?  I was the attacker, I did massive damaged, and I got poop back?  

There is no incentive to even attack on the game.  The attacked gains more than the attacker, AND THEN the attacked has those amazing counters - so the attacked first gains more than they every could of (selling the ships) which is a benefit to them.  Then the attacked can do Covert ops taking out LARGE PERCENTAGES of the attackers money, and the attacker can't do poop.  I know after hitting the entire top ten and already being down 20 billion I had to deal with 6-7 covert ops attack which took down another 5+ bil of my only 28 bil I had left. -having to reserve ships behind p ships to be "protected" (which also loses more money due to the reserve fees) is stupid.

Elite needs to live up to its name and BE ELITE.  Remove salvages from the attacked, Remove Covert Ops, Add in Diminishing Neb. make the game Elite.  That or rename it "The Beginner Server".

-Face Eater.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:57:39 PM by The Face Eater » Report to moderator   Logged
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 04:25:01 PM »

You don't like it? Don't play it. Nobody else does anyways.
Report to moderator   Logged
The Face Eater
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 04:28:24 PM »

*points up to my first post*

and there's the reason why.
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 04:31:15 PM »

Sigh.

I understand. But Emi has his new game, and it is taking precedence atm.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:38:01 PM by mannaman15 » Report to moderator   Logged
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 04:40:45 PM »

I have to agree.

I know that it is RARELY beneficial to be the attacker. I always try to bate people into attacking me because the counter almost always hurts worse than the initial attack.

However, I dont believe everything has to be changed. There is one simple thing I believe will fix most problems in one fail swoop. That is to remove salvage from being attacked. If someone destroys your ships, you should not get anything back from them. Leave everything else. Covert ops would be useful if you didnt get a return on your ships. So I agree in a way, just take off salvage when on defense (leave salvage from mission mishaps), and everything should be fine.
---Wes

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 08:07:16 PM »

Isn't it one fell swoop?  Just saying

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 08:49:14 PM »

yeah but it was a loaded sentence ; )

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 08:09:31 PM »

Yeah I'm going to check the salvage rates on Elite, it's time to increase the difficulty  1

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »

excuse my french, but you are now my muhfuhkin HERO! 13

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: