Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 29, 2024, 01:04:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Ideas  (Read 7902 times)
DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2011, 04:33:41 PM »

These are a list of ideas I have composed of thoughts between myself, jessiedog, cameron07, and Panik (truth of mind).. we have taken ideas from Jan`go, Chrys, and several other posts taken from the forum..

Preface

I believe the WARS server should stay true to the everlasting server it was made to be and once flourished.. It has possibly ran it's course, but I would like to list some ideas that could possibly revamp the server that I have chosen myself.. (All feedback, whether good or bad is appreciated.)

1. I think we need to get the SAB back, BUT have the worker bonuses modified on the modules to a max of + 0.0 growth.. I like Chry's idea of possibly allowing workers to become more optional useage as to possibly having them create commander points or segments (allows the need to grind to be lessened for the less active players)..

2. With the bigger galaxy, maybe allow special items of probs to allow you to search for a player in a quadrant for players in your power range, but these items will not be sold by CHOAM through market to take away alt abuse by allowing an alt to use their turns to save the main the turns to just from quadrant to quadrant.. These would be special items and possibly only incursion items that land randomly?...

3. EXP, CPs
"- Commander Experience should be given for attacks and ships destroyed compared to per day basis.
- current CPS should be used only for research.
- Each Commander promotions should give 1-2 skill point that can be placed in the commander skills
- commander skill will max at lvl 10 for each skill.
- Commander skill will have a beginner/intermediate/advanced lvl
- skill point to skill progression will be as follows
lvl1 - 1 point lvl2 - 1 point lvl3 - 1 point lvl4 - 2 point lvl5 - 2 point
lvl6 - 2 point lvl7 - 3 point lvl8 - 3 point lvl9 - 3 point lvl10- 4 point
so total points required to max lvl will be 22points.
- Commander skills have beginner/ intermediate/ advanced lvls
Each commander skill lvl provides 1% bonus for beginner, 2% for intermediate, 3% for advanced
- To increase beginner to intermediate for a skill, u need 15 total points.
to increase intermed to adv, u need 30 total points
- therefore to maximize a skill to lvl 10, and from beginner to adv, u will need 22+15+30 = 67points
per skill.
- commander points can be converted to CPs/turns/cash at a fixed rate instead of putting to above skills
to fix for the possibility that a player already maximizes all commander skills and still gaining lvls"

4. Mothership modules allow for too big of an advantage from bigger players to smaller players with them being permanent, so..
"- Attacking and destroying ships nets u exp, segs, and minerals...e.g 20% credits worth of segs, 10%
credits worth of minerals.
- Mothership raids destroy 1~5 mothership mods this would slow down the mothership mod bonus growth and
prevent permenant mod growth, giving more incentive to attack.
- With the ability to gain minerals in combat, eases the need to mine to replace the mothership mods lost
in attacks. Also, with the ability to lose mods in combat, the need for minerals will always be there
as well as giving pple a more or less fair playing field.
- Destroy mothership mod mission. This will destroy 11-15 mods but ur ships attack/hp at penalty and u do
not get any segs/credits/workers on a successful hit. This is simply to weaken enemy mods.
- If this is implimented, the mineral costs for the mods should be lowered so tat it can be easily
replaced due to fact that an enemy can zero your mods.
- Benefits
The only perm bonus will be the commander skills which i proposed, and even then it be hard to get
good bonuses simply because of the large amounts of points needed. The mothership mods will never be
permanant therefore, new or old, each player will have a more or less an even playing field. Therefore,
ship design be key again because with insane mothership mod bonus, ur ships are invincible when cost
for cost, u fight others without the mods. "

5. http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,4992.0.html

I think this idea could be massaged into a good idea, with the minaly just use jessie's comment.. Use an access or deny list.. It allows alliances to work together and also allows other to work together to destroy the bigger alliances like POF or the Elites right now..
More feedback will be necessary on this idea.

6. I also want players accounts to stay in the galaxy cause if we add SAB back like I proposed then it would allow for a bigger ACTIVE account to zero the UNACTIVE account then allow a new guy to raid the person to quicken growth.. I know that this has alt abuse all over it, but technically if I was to zero them then raid with an alt AFTER the 24 hour neb then it would not be due to not attacking with two accounts in a 24 hour period.. and the person would be inactive anyways.. I want to keep the auto-inteller every 24 hours, but I think it needs to be worked on cause I have set this account in spot for a week and nothing on intel.. I asked around and nobody bought it...

7. With new players starting later in the round, I do feel they deserve something, but I don't want to give them so much it provides for an alt.. I think SAB raiding would be sufficient for an account to climb in the rankings, but I do feel that they should be given a proper amount of start up credits and some tech to defend themselves.. Feedback is appreciated on how much.

8. I think if we do decide to stick with Aliens then they should be given a x50 mulitplier rather than sticking with the x25 multiplier.. I am doing 300 tril fp aliens at the moment and not even getting 25 bil per alien sometimes.. I understand that it's random, but the more aliens would be provide another way of growth.. I think it would allow a way for worker and credit items.. I also would love to have more encounters cause I used to enjoy the encounter search while doing encrytions, rather than constantly grinding aliens waiting on items due to ZERO encounters..

9. Another thing with the aliens, I would be fine if they ONLY provide worker and credit items and would force people to bio hunt like the original version of WARS, but with that being said, I would want more encounters, mainly BIOS and Black Holes.. Segments would be an encryption based deal or workers fixated on creating segments as I said in an earlier idea.. I know how some people enjoy the idea of aliens, but honestly I have grown far too fast with the amount of cp and turns I have gained from them.. They do sort of level off and I have surpassed that level, but I just feel this isn't anything like the WARS server that I once started playing and greatly enjoyed.

10. I do think we need to add the turn modules back onto mothership modules as well, due to since WARS is an ongoing server, I do have several days that I am away from the computer and would love to not have my turns max on me without having to depend on someone else to sign in to my account and use them for research..

I do know that things have changed drastically and the player base isn't near what it once was for this server, but I do believer that there are people who want to play, but see it too slow of a server, which I can understand... Truthfully that's the beauty in it though, it takes dedication and skill to become good at the server.. There are several links I left out that I felt were good ideas on the forums and you can look through them and add something that you feel might seem good. But this is what I did in the past 30 minutes and don't feel typing anymore...

DarkChaos- Main
Spartacus- WARS
DarkChaos- Elite
Report to moderator   Logged
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 09:57:29 AM »

Please, there is no reason to react if you are just flaming the server.

DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:17:18 PM »

How do you anything I said as of flaming the server? I love the WARS server and have been active on a daily basis since the day I joined..
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 12:18:07 PM »

How do you anything I said as of flaming the server? I love the WARS server and have been active on a daily basis since the day I joined..

Nah, Cam and Spayed made douchey comments that were put into the recycling bin.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 12:18:47 PM »

I've deleted several post, that were absolutely uncalled for. Nothing against your post. Sorry for the confusion

DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 12:21:49 PM »

Oh lol.. My bad.. I just signed on and saw that and it caught me offguard.. I understand now.. Thanks for clarifying..
clouthour
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 12:24:02 PM »

7. With new players starting later in the round, I do feel they deserve something, but I don't want to give them so much it provides for an alt.. I think SAB raiding would be sufficient for an account to climb in the rankings, but I do feel that they should be given a proper amount of start up credits and some tech to defend themselves.. Feedback is appreciated on how much.

when i first started this was the main way i got up in the rankings so definitely agree with this and also would love to leave the account inactive for a while to build up some creds so doubly want this back.
8. I think if we do decide to stick with Aliens then they should be given a x50 mulitplier rather than sticking with the x25 multiplier.. I am doing 300 tril fp aliens at the moment and not even getting 25 bil per alien sometimes.. I understand that it's random, but the more aliens would be provide another way of growth.. I think it would allow a way for worker and credit items.. I also would love to have more encounters cause I used to enjoy the encounter search while doing encrytions, rather than constantly grinding aliens waiting on items due to ZERO encounters..

9. Another thing with the aliens, I would be fine if they ONLY provide worker and credit items and would force people to bio hunt like the original version of WARS, but with that being said, I would want more encounters, mainly BIOS and Black Holes.. Segments would be an encryption based deal or workers fixated on creating segments as I said in an earlier idea.. I know how some people enjoy the idea of aliens, but honestly I have grown far too fast with the amount of cp and turns I have gained from them.. They do sort of level off and I have surpassed that level, but I just feel this isn't anything like the WARS server that I once started playing and greatly enjoyed.

i have always hated aliens since they were implemented so would probably prefer if they were removed altogether.

DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 12:25:10 PM »

Honestly, I have no problem with that either clouthour, but as I started 8. out is IF we do decide to stick with them.. But I preferred WARS before Aliens...
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »

If we remove aliens we definitely need a reset.
DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 12:30:50 PM »

I would love things to be tried out if we decide to change out anything in the this "round" of wars, instead of doing a mass reset while implementing newly untested things..
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 12:34:14 PM »

Well, I meant if permanently removed.

By the way, instead of depending on Emi to reset/change the server when the top 2-3 get so far ahead of everyone like they have now, have a dday like thing where if top 3's total income/fleet cost? is 2x? the rest of the top 10 then a reset occurs? Add in that when a reset happens a predefined list of updates/changes that players give Emi originally, is activated, and it puts in a random combo of them 16
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 04:22:46 PM »

wars will not get less boring unless he changes the galaxy size back to the smaller galaxy.. all the other suggestions and comments mean nothing with a huge galaxy...

DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 04:58:17 PM »

Yeah, I agree Cameron that the galaxy is too big for the current player base.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: