Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 18, 2024, 10:16:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Collective message to Emi...  (Read 7556 times)
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2011, 06:35:59 PM »

I would like to write a message to Emi from the collective players of S.O.
I wrote my thoughts here. If you have something to add, please post it here; otherwise just reply with "I agree" or something to that effect...

here is what I have:

Hey Emi,
I have been talking to most of the active players, and many are a little frustrated at the rate in which you work on things...
So we were wondering a few things...

1. There have been many suggestions made on the forums which we all believed were VERY good. Yet they got no action, nor response from you. Thus we were wondering: is it that you simply dont have the time/manpower to do them? Or that they don't fit into your plan for the game? or what?

2. There are a lot of us who would love to help you, but dont feel like we can outside of simply making suggestions on the forums. So is there any way in which we can help you to make things happen a bit faster around here? We are very willing as we all LOVE this game, Emi. We would love to get the active player count back up to where it was so many years ago, but we feel like  we cant  do that with the current state of many of the servers. So how can we help you?

3. would you ever consider a sort of open source project where we could all help to make space O the best game ever? It wouldnt have to be completely open source, but just let a few of us decent programmers help you out on our own time, to see what we come up with? I, personally, would be willing to waver rights to any coding I did, and I have the feeling others would do the same...

Looking forward to your reply,
---Wes *Commanding by your side since round #2*
Report to moderator   Logged

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 06:45:25 PM »

I 100% agree. And I suggest that all mods forward this to Sir E himself, as for some reason we're most likely to be listened to.

There are a lot of things that could be done, and I never even thought of open sourcing. Good idea.
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:32:56 PM »

I agree, at the very least some more communication from Emi.
Something like a development roadmap, where you list what your working on and maybe even a tentative release date would be nice.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:21:41 PM »

COMPLETELY AGREE.  I would also be more than happy to do some programming if something needed to be changed

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 01:20:08 AM »

I need more support for this guys, otherwise you can just stick with whatever crap you're dealing with in-game alone.
come on! I know we have more than 3 f**k**g active people here. reply you little... grrr

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
hockey
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 01:36:24 AM »

I agree and want to see some changes done.I myself and trying to teach more how to play.I can't help with programing but will help in whatever way you need.Come on EMI answer these guys and lets save this game before were all gone..

Fury
SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 01:48:58 AM »

I agree,

I have personally offered to help a few times in the past with the PHP/MySQL work involved and would honestly not mind doing so now either, I would be more than willing to even sign a Non-Disclosure/Privacy Agreement if would would make Emi feel better with me doing so.

Please add me to the list of Collective Names, with my offer to help etc.

Thanks,
SnipeDragon
DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 01:54:10 AM »

I agree..
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 08:27:15 AM »

I offered the same, Emi said I would need to quit playing if I were helping on a server. Not to give me an advantage, I agreed with it. But Emi never carried through with it.

Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 08:48:25 AM »

You carried out the quit playing part though!!

I agree with the idea, but as FTP mentioned, being involved with the programing and development side of the game could have conflicting interests playing the game knowing what makes it 'tick'.

There are enough people active here that dont play that could help.  All I can offer is moral support with the occasional suggestion.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 09:46:20 AM »

I kept my side of the bargain. And I will not be playing again.

But I will always be willing to help.

Gervahlt
Private

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 10:35:53 AM »

Although I'm not a long-time player like the rest of these guys, I'd also like to know what's coming and have a few bugs ironed out that we all hit from time to time.  Moreover, any time a game stagnates and doesn't offer new challenges, the players that have already mastered the current version fade away leaving nothing to the newer players.  They no longer have the experience to draw upon and they never feel justified in spending the time to gain the experience on their own as they can never test their skills on the "legends" that came before them...thus offering them, at best, a consolation prize of being "the best of the noobs".
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 11:05:33 AM »

I agree, at the very least some more communication from Emi.
Something like a development roadmap, where you list what your working on and maybe even a tentative release date would be nice.

I really like this idea.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 11:09:45 AM »

Sorry guys for not implementing some of the good suggestions you made, I will explain here what I am working on.

Since I see that Space Odyssey has lots of features but still losing players, while doing advertising and everything I can to get more players. A radical change was needed, maybe improve the interface or reduce the number of servers, we will see.

While thinking what to do to improve Space Odyssey,  I have some time ago started working on my masterpiece project of a new game concept / design, called Astro Galaxy. The thing is when I created the first version of Space Odyssey I was just fresh from university and my programming skills where just starting to shape up.

However, after many years of improving Space Odyssey, I can create a new game starting from the SO concept, combined with realistic space exploration, planet / moon colonization, ship customization, space battles, etc. This is what I have been working on mostly, while fixing any Space Odyssey bugs and responding to messages.

Astro-Galaxy is almost ready to receive beta testers, so I will start a new thread and post pictures with the new game that you can discuss there. Beta testers will receive some reward when the game launches, so check it and let me know what you think.

Again, I have not abandoned Space Odyssey and still love the game and will improve it even more after I finish AG project, but Astro Galaxy is what I always dreamed to do, that is exploring and colonizing space starting from Earth...

Sir Emi

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 11:37:21 AM »

Sounds pretty cool Emi, but don't you think you've added enough games??
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: