Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 29, 2024, 07:48:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Deja Vu's  (Read 5677 times)
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

I am cool. right :(

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2011, 12:40:55 AM »

i wonder why deja vu's happen. does anyone know. is it because your brain thinks ahead of possible outcomes and when they happen it is like getting a deja vu(my theory). because i get them all the time.

emy 12
Report to moderator   Logged
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 12:52:53 AM »

it happens every time you kill half your brain cells...

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 12:54:32 AM »

really. sounds pretty fake
Zan
Corporal

Mongrels!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 12:55:19 AM »

I thought you quit?

Gilgamesh`(#90389) - Main
Gilgamesh(#7367) - Wars
Gilgamesh`(#26), Gilgamesh(#115) - Elite
Some things are beautiful for the very reason that they're unobtainable.
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 12:56:03 AM »

i said i would poke my head in the forums when i had time and i had alot of free time today
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 01:02:27 AM »

not a lie... so if it happens all the time to you, it explains a lot....

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 03:08:05 AM »

Oh, you don't know? It happens every time they... change something. >.> <.<

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 07:07:39 AM »

A Deja Vu is a imagened or untrue memory, but for the sake of your question I will treat it as most commonly used "the feeling you already experienced something, mostly seen".

Leading theories are:
1. All images perceives go through different channels in your brain, normally it reaches the visual cortex first, making your aware of what you see, after which the images is "saved" as a memory. Sometimes a disfunction in the brain occurs and the memory saves, before you were aware of it... triggering a "I already remember this" feeling. This also explains why mostly you can't recall were you have seen it before.

2. Deja vu's can also be created by misfiring by the hippocampus, which controls the area of "familiarity" this is especially common for people with brain disfunctions like epilepsy.

Ofcourse in quite "common" situation, like remembering the exact phrase a friend uses. It is possible you've actually dreamed it because you know your friends quite well and may have anticipated that reaction.

Take into consideration that I used the visual cortex in the explanation as it is the most common occurance, but it is possible with the auditory cortex aswell.

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 09:52:43 AM »

A Deja Vu is a imagened or untrue memory, but for the sake of your question I will treat it as most commonly used "the feeling you already experienced something, mostly seen".

Leading theories are:
1. All images perceives go through different channels in your brain, normally it reaches the visual cortex first, making your aware of what you see, after which the images is "saved" as a memory. Sometimes a disfunction in the brain occurs and the memory saves, before you were aware of it... triggering a "I already remember this" feeling. This also explains why mostly you can't recall were you have seen it before.

2. Deja vu's can also be created by misfiring by the hippocampus, which controls the area of "familiarity" this is especially common for people with brain disfunctions like epilepsy.

Ofcourse in quite "common" situation, like remembering the exact phrase a friend uses. It is possible you've actually dreamed it because you know your friends quite well and may have anticipated that reaction.

Take into consideration that I used the visual cortex in the explanation as it is the most common occurance, but it is possible with the auditory cortex aswell.

Told you Emy...

forumemy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 10:49:27 AM »

i think it was his last sentence wes
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 12:15:01 PM »

Lawl

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 04:58:31 PM »

so you're saying you've lost half your auditory function? or your auditory is dysfunctional?

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 06:12:17 PM »

I think a De ja Vu thingy is just the world's way of saying, hey, woah, did you see that? No? Here it is again.

Didn't you quit?
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 10:15:31 PM »

I've come to the conclusion that my deja vus are the result of bad memory. Basically, I did something similar, so the situation seems familiar, but I forgot about it, so I can't pin the familiarity on anything particular, so deja vu.

forumemy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 10:20:36 PM »

one time when i was asleep i dreamed of my whole next day. i can remember waking up. what was in the comics. and the head of the newspaper and what i had for brealfast that morning. i remember having a pop quiz before i was in the class freaky stuff man.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: