Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 04:08:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: MAIN! ALIEN BUGGED UP AND TOOK LEAD OUT! NOT HAPPY  (Read 7585 times)
lavis
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 11:48:17 PM »

captain what u say makes sense and seems a possibility as the fact it was 1 min before next spawn.. but what doesnt make sense is why has every other time its been 1 min and if didnt kill all spawns before next spawn, since i use the ctrl click making multi windows, when i would normally click on an alien spawn that expired it would just say this alien was killed rather than change into a new alien taking its place. i dunno sucks that i got s------ over like this. i wouldnt even make a fuss like this if i lost a lead in a legit way but not like this. i would still like to be rein burst 10tril to make up the loss of my lead in a what i find was a glitch.

Edit: Also look at the times in bottom right of screenshots, as you will see it shows 1259 before i clicked on alien and 1259 attacking alien and after taking screenshots and then i went back before i attacked to double check the alien fp and shows 336bil screen 3 and that shows 1:05pm.. the proof is there. so no one can say i clicked on a different alien as screenshots prove that impossible
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:52:06 PM by lavis » Report to moderator   Logged
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 05:49:33 AM »

This is what I see by the screenshots... (and trust me, I mean no disrespect by this post as I dont know you and have no quarrel with you)
I see that you did in fact ctlr+click aliens, and that you went through every 3 seconds and clicked each screen as I do...

HOWEVER, it appears to me that you did, in fact, hit the larger alien as I said before and you simply realized it and went and REOPENED the 336b aliens 5 minutes later and took the screenshot because you realized your mistake and tried to cover for it so you could get your ship reimbursed...

The ONLY reason I say this is because in my ~8 years of playing, I have NEVER seen this happen... so it seems quite odd to me that it should so suddenly happen... when I  have done the exact thing MANY times that I am suggesting you did here.

Either way - Emi has the ability to look through the logs and determine what truly happened. If, in fact, it happened as you say - I propose that you do get reimbursed(+ inflation) for the amount of time you had to wait for Emi to recognize...
But if you are trying to cover for your own mistake, I propose a punishment for lying.

This (the mistake I proposed) has happened to me NUMEROUS times, and I have never attempted reimbursement. And I would be appalled to see such reimbursement on your part if you are trying to cover for am honest mistake.
---Wes
Report to moderator   Logged

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
lavis
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 09:21:47 AM »

No thats not what i did.. i had no problem replacing my lead ship if i lost it in my own mistake.. you guys can think what you want, but again how the heck could i click back on that 336bil when it clearly shows 1 min left making 6 min later it would have been vanished! so no that is what i attacked and i clicked back to double check i didnt make my own mistake and it clearly said it was a 336bil still... and now i hear this in chat

marlboro man(#146446): well he did not fix it yet.
Lavis(#133510): ya see somethings messed up, hense my bug repot
marlboro man(#146446): it was right at the start of the incursion. ie it still has atleast 5 more mins before it reset.
Lavis(#133510): that were in its spot
Lavis(#133510): hmm perhaps when they reset they replace old aliens?
marlboro man(#146446): so i said to heck with that. i left the incursion.
marlboro man(#146446): yeap. it went from 1b up to 33b. i got lucky and cought it before i attacked it.
Lavis(#133510): cause yesterday i lost my lead to an alien that was 336bil but turned into a 1.9tril
Lavis(#133510): wait u mean when u attacked the aliens they jumped in power?
marlboro man(#146446): i do belive that this incursion is totally messed up. it went from 7 aliens to a bunch that are over my head. almost cost me a mission ship.

so obviously something is not right and im getting really fusturated on people thinking i made a mistake by clicking the 22tril and that im tryin to get 10tril back... i always check alien fp before i attack them .. im not a noob, in my 2 years of playing i never made a mistake attacking something 1000% my fp. so sry theory on the 22tril is a no, if i knew this crap would happen i would have screenshot the 336bil at 12:59pm aswell but hey like i knew this was gonna happen. Anyways there is a bug and your all acting like there isnt. So until it happens to you in which i hope to god it does so you all can realize im not bullcrappin here. in fact i am an honest guy and always have been and wouldnt make something like this up. ignore it but i swear to god if this happens again im going to freak out.

Edit: Just caught another alien going from 244bil turned into a 577bil! got it screenshotted as fast as i could! And another thing i just realized, dont you think if i were to hit a 22tril alien a warning would have popped up!? funny how that never happen either.. anyways here are 2 new screens of this alien changing into a 577bil

I attacked this alien, turned into a 577bil
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4958/alien1ra.jpg

clicked back as fast as i could to screenshot alien before i attacked it

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/5521/alien2j.jpg

what seems to be happening here is new aliens respawn taking over previous aliens spots like what captain said. however before it did not do this, they would all just die. emi if you can please look into this. so for now i am going to not kill aliens when there is 1 min left before next spawn or i could face an alien that takes all my mains out
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:51:56 AM by lavis » Report to moderator   Logged
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 03:14:28 PM »

What have you got your attack warning setting at?
 Just wondering if its set right to maybe warn you if its a suicide in waiting attack.
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 04:49:29 PM »

Definitely seems odd. Especially since your latest screenshots even changed alien type from young to Mature And if multiple people are having problems, it must be a glitch that began when Emi just updated the aliens to only show 999+ items won in the News...
Every time there is an update, it opens the possibility of new glitches; from a programming standpoint.
I'll PM this to Emi and have him look into it...
---Wes
PS... defencde? really? waste...

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »

Ok, there are two possibilities:

1. - the new spawn came and rewrote the alien spawns and alien ids. The first screen shows 1 min to the new spawn. Once you clicked the attack, it took the id of a new alien spawn that had a different power and belonged to the new spawns.

2. - the 22 tril was clicked powering down to 1.9 tril due to cost calculator.

I have checked the files and made a fix if it was the first event, so now aliens will have unique IDs during the same Incursion and will not rewrite the old id, eliminating the possibility of this bug.

Thank you.

lavis
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 06:15:30 PM »

thank you emi! 13.. im glad this shouldnt happen again.. i can now feel safe attacking aliens even at 1min left haha. You have received a reimbursement of 12.876.695.109.293 credits to your mothership vault for your ship loss on the 2011-08-17 12:49:06 during a possible bug in the Incursion. The possible bug is now fixed.

this can get locked now. thanks again 1
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: