Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 24, 2024, 12:55:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with the Wars Server  (Read 13086 times)
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:04:23 AM »

I'd like people to add to this and I'll include in this first post...

1. Wars server is not war-like --- ppl can just get rid of all their ships and put segs in planet. then u have nothing to lose. you cant be raided because theres no secret base anymore. no segs to take. so why risk it? there is NO PVP.
(getting rid of the secret base was a quick fix to maxing, but it made everything worse and completely unbalanced the game)
2. there are fp bugs --- warp chances don't adequately reflect the actual chance.
3. encounters are messed up --- probably also has to do with fp bugs.
4. aliens have too many killer fleets - aliens don't belong on the wars server where people actually use swarmers and tinies. this is the reason for killer fleets, but it shows that aliens just dont belong
5. theres no way for new accounts to catch up so very few new players stick with it. give new players some sort of avg of the tech on the server. or start them with the average amount of cp invested and let them choose for themselves. something like that
6. make universe smaller

please suggest more
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:30:08 AM by jessiedog » Report to moderator   Logged

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 01:13:40 AM »

No way for new accounts to catch up with ones that have been playing for a while.
Report to moderator   Logged

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
clouthour
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 09:17:49 AM »

bring back SAB but put some sort of a limit on it
get ridd of resupply bonus and increase the mothership attack/hp/defence modules
get rid of aliens and make the universe smaller

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 01:13:52 PM »

Don't get rid of anything we have now accept for the fp bug. Then add in some feature that gives new players the average server level tech. Bring back the SAB, but with no growth module to prevent maxing. Add in extra pvp incentives. Increase alien segment rewards a bit. Make people want to do encryptions. I've never run into a killer fleet on this server since the first 3 months it was up.
clouthour
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 05:32:47 PM »

wat? no the whole point of aliens is to increase pve so getting rid of them will make ppl attack eachother more

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 07:29:14 AM »

i agree with clouth. get rid of aliens and make universe smaller. too few ppl play to have such a big universe and aliens are all about pve

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 12:20:51 PM »

Look, there are probably way more ways to create pvp. But I like the growing speed right now, in fact, I find it kinda slow...At a certain point rewards cap out anyhow. Everyone gets the same income from aliens. There is no way it prevents pvp.
DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 05:31:31 PM »

Getting rid of SAB is what truly killed pvp.. Planets don't necessarily kill pvp but provide just another form of income, however they can be used to hide your true power. I don't want aliens to go as it does provide another form of grinding and yes items do level off at a certain point. There is a reason I haven't powered up anymore. The major 4 things I have against wars is this..

1) Fix the fp bug. It's been reported a million times, yet nothing is done.
2) Warp chances need to be looked at.
3) Without a SAB, there is no more raiding people's workers off credits off. Keeps players needing to be active. (I know that the SAB is how people maxed, but that could have been nullified by just taking away the worker bonus on mothership modules, or setting it to a limit of like 100 which would create 0.0 growth, but it NEVER goes positive.)
4) Universe is too big.

By the way, clouth. We need to keep the resupply bonus, just because you are too lazy to work on yours lol...
clouthour
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 11:54:09 AM »

By the way, clouth. We need to keep the resupply bonus, just because you are too lazy to work on yours lol...

lol fine but i just thought it'd make it harder to get higher in rankings.

and surely the worst problem is the gap between the new players joining and the existing players so u wanna slow down the growth therefore aliens sucks. and why do u need another source of income? it the WARS server not the PvE. btw i'd like to add another one to my suggestion thing, severely limit or get rid of the planets.

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 12:59:04 PM »

Doing non stop encryptions get boring...aliens help with that..also with the lack of encounters and no 100k exp per day, aliens severely help with cp...I agree about planets, kinda..put a maximum population and maximum amount of planets that can be owned...but meh. And clout, your reasoning for slowly down growth makes no sense. If you slow down the growth, it's slowing EVERYONE. And the new players never stand a chance of catching up as everyone in the top ten has pumped up tech already, as well as a few in the top 30 and a few out of it..
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 09:58:01 AM »

you guys are forgetting that this is the wars server. its main point was slow leveling up to keep most people around the same fp. for 2 years the top 30 players were within 10 bil fp of each other. aliens have changed that. and let me remind you that was with the SAB. slow leveling up increases pvp because more people can hit more people. i still think getting rid of aliens is the way to go and bring back SAB without growth.

on another note i have warped blakranger with a 30% chance 6 times in a row now. warp chance is bull

DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »

I understand what you are saying jessie, but until the fp bug is fixed with smaller galaxy and more encounters, aliens need to stay..
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 11:50:10 PM »

agreed.

but im trying to get together a list of ideas for "the perfect wars server"
so if the fp bugs are fixed, aliens should go

DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 12:53:20 AM »

Yes, IF the fp glitch is taken care of then aliens should go. So, hunting for encounters would take the place of aliens. I also believe there should be more encounters put in and I am not referring to interactive encounters, but rather bios, black holes, and endangered planets (if SAB is put back in like I think it should and just be governed down).
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 04:31:43 PM »

ive been proving the problems with no SAB over the past few days. like i said, i put all my money and segs into my planet so my base power is very low. Now I am using tinymen. i can attack anyone i want because all of my fp comes from ships.

i hope my point has been proven. but im not going to stop attacking like this until something is done.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: