Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 19, 2024, 02:47:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: WARS  (Read 3220 times)
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2011, 01:39:57 PM »

Now, one of the main reasons I don't play WARS is because at this point nobody can catch up to a player like Steven who is sitting on a few quad by now. I don't mind not being able to catch up, it's the fact that nobody else will play because of that and the fact that it's hard to get anywheres, so there'd be no competition for quite awhile, nobody to attack...

Simple fix: Make aliens drop more items. Make larger segment items (10x5k is only 25k segments...). Balance tech levels of newbies, or give them starter tech. Start new accounts with more credits, segments.

See, wouldn't be so hard..
Report to moderator   Logged
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 08:43:06 PM »

all been said and supported by every player whos ever played wars.

once again, it has my support

once again, nothing will be done

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 04:57:10 AM »

When Chrys and I were still playing Wars, Emi asked us to write a proposal on how to improve the game. Sadly I do not have my part of the proposal anymore and sadly nothing ever got implented. But this was Chrys her proposal... enjoy

Notes for revamped SO.WARS by Chrys

Here are some ideas.

1) Role of mothership
   - Proposal
     Use mothership workers to be more integral and more options by having a worker slider with options to
     Create Credits
     Create CPs *optional*
     Create Segments (with this ability, need to grind is negated)
     Create Special items *elaboration of special items below*
   - Benefits.
     This will give more options to playing style, how each will prioritize themselves provided that the
     scaling of the production rates are logical where one doesnt overwhelm the other. Also, this will make
     players more independent from the need to grind missions, and players being away for awhile will still
     grow.
   - Flaws.
     permanant inactive players will become cash cows if they have high workers and continue growing though
     they arent playing. However this could be considered a good thing because then new players will have
     someone to raid, though this will open a window for abuse but not such a critical flaw.

2) huge universe is cool, but it makes hunting pple tedious.
   - Proposal
   - pinpointers as u have for incursions... pinpointers to target the players using their i.d.
     10 pinpointers will give 100% chance to locate the person. Can pinpoint an i.d once every 24hrs only
     so if chance fails, thats it, u cant use pinpointers on that person again. Also, if the person is in
     neb, you wont be able to detect the player location but will state player in neb and duration left in
          neb.
   - Solution benefits
   - You can make universe bigger and thus have more systems with minerals etc, promote pvp.
     Kill the need to use intels.
   - Elaboration of pvp pinpointers
     PVP pinpointers are a special item that can be constructed by motherships provided research is done
     for it first, each lvl of research tech will reduce base production costs by 2%

3) Worker/Seg credits limit
   - Proposal
     Title says it all
   - This has to be inplace at the get go lest there is to be an economy runaway again

4) Warp tech
   - Problem
     Warp techs killing PVP.
   - Solution
     Kill warp techs completely, basing solely on FP of player without adjustments. Pegging 90% chance
     to hit for players 75%-150% of attacking player...50-74%, 151-200% u get 45% chance...beyond those
     u get 5% chance to hit. Then you can use the FP of the attacking player at result the attack (to account
     for drop of FP due lose of ships) as the counter marker, Thus preventing powering down to evade
     techniques. You give a hit...you take a hit...then skill will be key here.

5) Ship specials
   - No problem...just flavour for game
   - Reminiscient of Master of Orion, how abt adding ship specials which u need to research so that it
     can be added to a ship. These special components have fixed size, energy requirements and costs
     with a 5% reduction to those costs per tech lvl. E.G of such techs are.
     Specials are added at the view unit page, and the cost multiplier works off the base cost of the unit
     with all components add the cost of the special then multiplies of that by the multiplier.

e.g cost of ship is 10,000,000
          cost of archilles comp is 5,000,000 with multiplier of x2
          actual cost of ship is now (10,000,000 + 5,000,000) x 2 = 30,000,000
     why use such multipliers?....better attack/ defence for for same fp values.

- Black Hole Generator
     Ship equiped with special can destroy 50% of the ships in the stack its facing but has 50% chance to
     self destruct themselves.
   - Archilles Computer
     ATK is raised by 50% but ship cost is multiplied x1.25
   - Energy Dampener
     ATK is further reduced by 50% after shields/def. Ship cost x2, very high energy consumption.
   - Stealth
     Name of ship, stats of ship do not appear.... ship costs x1.4, high energy consumption
   - Stellar Converter
     Attack of stack is spread to all enemy fleets at [(total dmg)/2] / (number of fleets facing)
     Penalty is the drop in attack power, high energy costs and maybe a cost multiplier of 1.25
   - Negator
     Negates the special on the ship it faces. High energy costs, x1.25 cost multiplier to ship
   - System defense
     If equiped on a ship in system fleets, It will fire a salvo at enemies attacking your planet, your
     alliance member, or your at 1/2 effectiveness before encountering ur units.
      e.g 10system fleets equiped with system defense with total attack of 50,000 each stack
          enemy attacks ur char with 10 fleets.
          TOTAL attack from the system fleets = 50,000 x 10 = 500,000 ATK
          enemy attacking u will take = 500,000 x 1/2 = 250,000 on the LEAD fleet only.

- Marine kamikaze
     Your fleet will kill (current marines in your stack x5) enemy marines. End result is you will always
     lose ALL your marines event if enemy has less marines than what your marines can kill. Also, if enemy
     Still has marines left after fight, you lose your ships.

e.g your ship has 8bill marines boards a ship with 40bill....u lose all marines, kills all
               enemy marines..enemy loses ships
          your ship has 8bill marines boards a ship with 4bill marines...u still lose all your marines
          while killing all enemy marines..enemy loses ships
          your ship has 8bill marines boards a ship with 50bill marines, u lose all marines, kills
          40bill marines, but ur ships will explode.
   - Salvage party
     Each Stack of ships equiped with this special will yield 20% more salvage after combat.
     so 10 fleets will yield 200% more salvage. Component will have low size, energy costs but will infer
     -25% penalty to ATK and HP to the ship stack. This will make it harder to win fights but the trade off
     is fair I feel. You want more rewards, you take more risks.

Each ship can be equiped with only 1 special. These components are most beneficial to supers and the
   ability to change specials will make the fleets more fun.
   It will really give more tools to deal with tinymen, thus making others think twice in using tinymen.

6) Planets
   - No reason to get GAIA class planet
   - baring the fact that I am not sure of the inherent base population difference between each planet
     class, and that the only diff comes from the bonus multipliers shown on the tech screen, It is
     illogical im my opinion to progress beyond protoplanet.
     Protoplanet   - 50% bonus in comb         = 50% bonus
     Rocky    - 1% cap 5% mine 30% comb      = 36% bonus
     Desert   - 2% cap 10% mine 25% comb      = 37% bonus
     Ice      - 3% cap 5% mine 5% cred 20% comb   = 33% bonus
     Ocean      - 5% cap 10% cred 15% comb      = 28% bonus
     Terra      - 10% cap 25% mine -15% comb      = 20% bonus
     GAIA      - 20% cap 20% mine 20% cred -30% comb   = 30% bonus

To effectively reach gaia from protoplanet, i will need abt 19k turns/cps, of which if i spent those
     19k turns/cps on planet economy tech while on a lvl2 protoplanet, I can get similiar bonus to a GAIA
     without the combat penalty. Actually, I will have a way stronger planet defensively than i can ever
     get with a GAIA planet.

There is little sense to boost the planet tech beyond protoplanet, and even less sense to use mining,
     simply because the credit production rate is too good, and that the pollution penalty when u mine.
   - Solution
     Revamp the modifiers for planets or at least change the base population for each diff type of planet
     e.g 1seg = 2 population for protoplanet
         1seg = 2.5 pop for rocky
         1seg = 3 pop for desert etc...
     and the modifiers for cap is placed on top of that. Of course the planets have to have a segment
     equilvalent to monitor the planets size..
   - To limit the planets from becoming a super planet producing super economies, planets should be pegged
     to max size meaning a max segment allowable to a planet.
     e.g
      Type A protoplanet = max segs of 1mill pop equivalent
      Type B protoplanet = max segs of 5mill pop equivalent
      Type C protoplanet = max segs of 10mill pop equivalent
      Type D protoplanet = max segs of 20mill pop equivalent

- In effect you have a planet construction tech, planet size tech, planet combat tech, planet econ tech
     With so many diff fields for having a planet, you could reduce the tech/cp costs slightly
   - this will also effective mean that players have more reason to build more planets and prevent players
     from dumping all their segs into a single planet to keep their FP down, and segments that is open for
     loss due hits.

7) Mothership Specials
   - An elaboration to what was mentioned briefly in point 1.
     Mothership being a base to produce important usable items which would aid in hunting what you want.
     Types of pinpoint probes
      PvE = hunt special encounters
      PvP = hunt players
     Each probe has a base cost in terms production points. Each prob costs perhaps 10bill worker
     production points, but also takes up 200 warehouse space. This will prevent players from building
     too much to the production of the pinpointers unless they have invested in huge warehouses.

8) Planet Structure
   - Addding a Stargate structure tat can be built at any of your own space stations.
     Stargates will drop travel costs between 2 gates belonging to same alliance member to 0.
     Clicking on the gate will open a galaxy map with icons indicating locations u can jump to.
     Stargates will drop the cloak of the system by 1/2 though so making it open for attacks.
     This will allow easier movement at same time not give the alliance too much of advantage because
     dropping the cloak lvl will mean the players have to divert alot of cash to build up system fleets
     therefore limiting the amount of such gates by itself.

9) Base Techs
   - Bases get obsolete too fast... Techs which improves base HP/ATK values should give more.
      e.g 1trill atk, hp or def...
   - no point for research in AA fighters and missiles.

10) EXP, CPs
   - Commander Experience should be given for attacks and ships destroyed compared to per day basis.
   - current CPS should be used only for research.
   - Each Commander promotions should give 1-2 skill point that can be placed in the commander skills
   - commander skill will max at lvl 10 for each skill.
   - Commander skill will have a beginner/intermediate/advanced lvl
   - skill point to skill progression will be as follows
      lvl1 - 1 point   lvl2 - 1 point   lvl3 - 1 point   lvl4 - 2 point   lvl5 - 2 point
      lvl6 - 2 point   lvl7 - 3 point   lvl8 - 3 point   lvl9 - 3 point   lvl10- 4 point
     so total points required to max lvl will be 22points.
   - Commander skills have beginner/ intermediate/ advanced lvls
     Each commander skill lvl provides 1% bonus for beginner, 2% for intermediate, 3% for advanced
   - To increase beginner to intermediate for a skill, u need 15 total points.
     to increase intermed to adv, u need 30 total points
   - therefore to maximize a skill to lvl 10, and from beginner to adv, u will need 22+15+30 = 67points
     per skill.
   - commander points can be converted to CPs/turns/cash at a fixed rate instead of putting to above skills
     to fix for the possibility that a player already maximizes all commander skills and still gaining lvls

11) Mothership Mod bonus
   - Problem
     Mothership mod bonus are permanent and gives too big an advantage to those who have loads of it
     the mods promotes that those with lots of bases and cloaks will forever have an advantage over those
     who just started and cannot have the bases/cloaks to mine for the minerals

- Proposed solution
   - Attacking and destroying ships nets u exp, segs, and minerals...e.g 20% credits worth of segs, 10%
     credits worth of minerals.
   - Mothership raids destroy 1~5 mothership mods this would slow down the mothership mod bonus growth and
     prevent permenant mod growth, giving more incentive to attack.
   - With the ability to gain minerals in combat, eases the need to mine to replace the mothership mods lost
     in attacks. Also, with the ability to lose mods in combat, the need for minerals will always be there
     as well as giving pple a more or less fair playing field.
   - Destroy mothership mod mission. This will destroy 11-15 mods but ur ships attack/hp at penalty and u do
     not get any segs/credits/workers on a successful hit. This is simply to weaken enemy mods.
   - If this is implimented, the mineral costs for the mods should be lowered so tat it can be easily
     replaced due to fact that an enemy can zero your mods.
   - Benefits
     The only perm bonus will be the commander skills which i proposed, and even then it be hard to get
     good bonuses simply because of the large amounts of points needed. The mothership mods will never be
     permanant therefore, new or old, each player will have a more or less an even playing field. Therefore,
     ship design be key again because with insane mothership mod bonus, ur ships are invincible when cost
     for cost, u fight others without the mods.

Chrys

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:35:17 AM »

All sounds good, did emi even look at it?
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 10:07:29 AM »

He told me it was a very good list of recommendations.... so yeah he atleast looked at it.

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 10:23:28 AM »

Would love it if he remembered that or read this topic 16
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 10:48:09 AM »

Or implented something of it  16

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 05:16:25 PM »

yeah...

ill try compiling a list of common recommendations over the next few days and maybe get a few poles going. maybe that will get emi's attention

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: