Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 19, 2024, 12:03:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Protection?  (Read 4598 times)
RGT
Private

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2011, 01:55:58 PM »

Hi all,

Does this game have a period of "newbie protection"? I note that at the top of some of my screens it states that I am hiding in a nebula & am protected.

I've been hit/raided/attacked by 2 players so far. Does that mean that we are ALL vulnerable to attack from the moment we enter the game?

What actions can negate this protection if we take those actions unknowingly?

Thanks.
Report to moderator   Logged
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 02:22:15 PM »

You start the game in a neb, this will protect you from attack from other players with one exception... in incursions.
You will whilst under this cover, be able only to do mothership contract missions. To do anything else will require you to leave neb cover.
RGT
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 02:41:19 PM »

What are incursions?

Can other players launch incursions? Or are they only NPC events? I've only seen reference to incursions in relation to "alien" incursions, which I understand are "game missions". Is that right?

Thanks.
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »

incursions are like... a big battle arena where everyone meets and dukes it out... most people fight aliens, but if there is someone there you dont like, you can try to attack them... they pop up in the "news" in the bottom left corner... there is something like 1 an hour and it lasts from like 5-40 minutes or something thereabouts...
You sound like you're really trying to learn the game... which server are you playing on atm?

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
RGT
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 03:58:22 PM »

Yeah, it's one of those games that sorta grows on you  13

I've already donated to try & get a jump on things  16

I guess I just want to know what I need to know to avoid getting ganked too bad LOL

I don't know what server I'm playing atm...guess I will need to log out to find out  laugh
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 04:07:49 PM »

If you aren't sure you are probably playing on Main.

I am assuming you are no more than about 50m power, which means you shouldn't have to worry about being attacked too much.  My suggestion is you join a good alliance that can help you learn how to play the game really well.

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »

If you aren't sure you are probably playing on Main.

I am assuming you are no more than about 50m power, which means you shouldn't have to worry about being attacked too much.  My suggestion is you join a good alliance that can help you learn how to play the game really well.

That is a good suggestion. I don't play main so I don't know which alliance you should join, but, I hope you keep learning and you never know, in a few rounds, you may end up being one of the spaceo greats ;)
RGT
Private

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 05:05:22 PM »

Well thanks gents  1
Your advices are well taken.
I have a couple of alliances I identify with so will have to send some requests.
I dunno about being a spaceo great though  laugh I'm just another player.
And yes, I think I am playing on Main.

P.S. I DID have the satisfaction of slaughtering a dude that came after me with some good counters  laugh
Made my night!

Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 05:18:17 PM »

Haha very nice.  And actually if you learn fast, you could definately be a great player within 2 rounds or so.  Lots of people have done it.  However, it will take a lot of dedication and TONS of time.  ;)

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: