Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 11:42:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: what should happen with the round
should play out all rewards given
round play out no monetary awards given but gold days given out and Hog
early dday no rewards no HoG
early dday no rewards put in HoG
screw off emy

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: what should happen with the elite server round  (Read 6598 times)
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

I am cool. right :(

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 12:22:57 AM »

we made more credits than others doing missions not doing the same one just doing missions we came out with what we did and it got fixed. obviously people who win the game make more credits than others and that is all we did. we just knew it was working. we werent like 'i bet the fleet cost calc isnt on so lets abuse it so that way we are #1' we didnt do that we just played. there was no click f5 button and you can do the same encounter it was do missions.

emy  12
Report to moderator   Logged
Wizard_Of_War
Private

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 01:23:04 AM »

Not everyone who wins the game finds a bug/loophole and exploits it before reporting.

How is this any different from missusing any other coding error, the auto refresh bugs etc?

Well to awnser your question in a compleatly civial matter EVERYBODY was using your so called bug because Everybody was playing on the same ruleset some of us more skillfully used it to gain an advantage. Isint that the whole point of the game? To use your skills to out run the other players.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 05:40:37 AM »

Ok my last post in this topic.

I understand how you have been playing to get your position, that you went to trouble to find out the perfect way to do missions. And I do understand how all the time you spend would feel wasted if you do not get recognised and it would feel you are called a cheater.

But the thing I do not understand is how you do not call this a bug, you yourself must have felt like this wasn't supposed to be happening otherwise you wouldn't have reported it. And if this wasn't some error in the game it wouldn't need fixing.

I think you all know how I think about it and as I do not see me change my opinion in the near future, it is futile for me to contineau discussing it.

FTP

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 07:23:37 AM »

Ok my last post in this topic.

I understand how you have been playing to get your position, that you went to trouble to find out the perfect way to do missions. And I do understand how all the time you spend would feel wasted if you do not get recognised and it would feel you are called a cheater.

But the thing I do not understand is how you do not call this a bug, you yourself must have felt like this wasn't supposed to be happening otherwise you wouldn't have reported it. And if this wasn't some error in the game it wouldn't need fixing.

I think you all know how I think about it and as I do not see me change my opinion in the near future, it is futile for me to contineau discussing it.

FTP

well i cant help but agree that in the past all similar situations people have been punished for abusing a bug in the game.

my point was that emy would never stop crying if he got reset or if he didnt get a reward so i figured it was better for the whole situation to just forget about it and more onto next round.

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 02:28:45 PM »

I'd just like to add a small point which I feel is relevant to this debate....

Until Emi fixed the problem, everyone had the same opportunity to discover the oversight, therefore the ranking positions were fair at that point.
The moment the update was implemented, a greater issue then arose. It made it virtually impossible for anyone who hadn't used/discovered the problem to have anything to play for.  This isn't fair, and thats why the round should be ended quickly and preferably with reduced rewards and halls listings. 
At the moment, anyone in the top 10 is guarenteed a placing, 11th is a million miles away. Remember this server was set up to try and find an alternative way to play SpaceO which is more equal and balanced, this has not happened.
It seems all parties here are fighting their own corners, but please look for the good of the game. I know its hard for the ones arguing for a reward that havent had a halls listing before, thats why I think there should be a compromise of a reduced reward.

forumemy
Staff Sergeant

I am cool. right :(

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2011, 08:10:12 PM »

i agree with saturn and i didnt mean to be complaining just upset about people saying we werent gonnna get recognized. and now can some mod plz lock this topic i believe the discussion is over

emy 12
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 08:28:21 PM »

- Topic Locked

As requested by the topic starter

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: