Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 04:54:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Space O Elite  (Read 11089 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 01:29:44 AM »

It wasn't a bug, just the fleet cost calculator that's always on SO Main, so basically a feature.

It works better now, but we can't reset anyone, so I guess we'll just have to wait for a new round.
Report to moderator   Logged

forumemy
Staff Sergeant

I am cool. right :(

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 01:39:12 AM »

everyone that can join dday as fast as possible to start a new round.   cheers for making the elite server a better place  16
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 05:47:07 AM »

Should be fixed now and working properly.
Honestly I find it absolutelt ridiculous that you fix a "feature" like this midround. By doing this, nobody is able to come near the top 10, whom all used this "feature" to some extend.

Although I agree it's was a broken feature, changing it midround just isn't right for all those that did not use it.

Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 06:30:56 AM »

I agree it needed changing but mid round is not the best solution. Saying to Gilga and wow about giving credits back wouldn't be totally fair as many people have already benefited to a lesser amount. 
What I had discussed with wow, was for a solution to be found, then get the round ended quickly. then put the update in ready for the next round. I actually lost credits because of this problem as I was experimenting trying to figure it out... losing quit a few ships in the process.
By the time I figured it out, the problem got solved!!
There's no point in my continuing this round as it would be pointless now.
Could we all come to a democratic decision on this round..... perhaps vote for D day to be started immediately,  rewards to be refused or greately reduced, continue as it is.
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 10:45:30 AM »

if we want dday to start it can happen very soon for me i should be lvl 50 today maybe tommorrow depending on how much i play. and i know some people are past me so dday willl start soon
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 11:39:26 AM »

emy you only want to start dday to retain your place in the rankings. I understand that, but agree that it is wrong.

Emi,
I propose these options as setting server back several days is not an option...
1. Allow this round to continue, but let there be no monetary reward for top rankings, and DO NOT put this round in the HoG.
2. Change the fleet cost calc back and let the round play thru, allowing everyone the same advantage.
3. Reset the round completely.

I suggest option #1 as there are many people who normally would not hold their current rankings if had not been for this glitch. This is a business for you and customer service imho is pivotal in a successful business. I, personally, think the option that would leave the MOST satisfaction for the masses would be option #1. Perhaps even allotting something like 90 days gold to a certain # of top rankings at dday end...

This is simply my humble opinion and not a reflection of any space o staff.
Other suggestion welcomed,
---Wes

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 12:14:11 PM »

I'm thinking of something like 1000 Gold days, 750 Gold days, 500 days for Top 1,2,3 and an early DDAY to be announced.

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 12:19:22 PM »

I don't know about that.. But I think the one who should be leading right now is kyle, then borg, helios and me next. Everything was messed up when wow told all of those to his alliance

I agree. You should have the fp records of the day that everything was correct, make the halls of glory and reset the server?
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 01:47:02 PM »

you all are a bunch of hipocrits you are complaining about what the ranks should have been you were doing the same things. your strategy was you could do huge missions with supers and that only worked because of the fleet cost calculator we did not cheat we played the game more effectively then you guys did so quit complaining that we had a bettter strategy than yours. we deserved our spots. and i want to start dday because noone will catch up to the people in top 10 and no competition is no fun. so quit your crying and man up. we could not have been any nicer about what we did but you guys are still whining. we beat you and admit it. i want  to start a next round to show you i deserve my rank. and again i spent the whole round finding this and this is the reason you guys were in the lead. i want no monetary award. but i do deserve a halls of glory for my hard work on this. we fixed a problem that wouldve gone unnoticed if it wasnt for us

emy  12
Zan
Corporal

Mongrels!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 02:37:21 PM »

you all are a bunch of hipocrits you are complaining about what the ranks should have been you were doing the same things. your strategy was you could do huge missions with supers and that only worked because of the fleet cost calculator we did not cheat we played the game more effectively then you guys did so quit complaining that we had a bettter strategy than yours. we deserved our spots. and i want to start dday because noone will catch up to the people in top 10 and no competition is no fun. so quit your crying and man up. we could not have been any nicer about what we did but you guys are still whining. we beat you and admit it. i want  to start a next round to show you i deserve my rank. and again i spent the whole round finding this and this is the reason you guys were in the lead. i want no monetary award. but i do deserve a halls of glory for my hard work on this. we fixed a problem that wouldve gone unnoticed if it wasnt for us

emy  12

I'll make sure you are going to quit next round

Gilgamesh`(#90389) - Main
Gilgamesh(#7367) - Wars
Gilgamesh`(#26), Gilgamesh(#115) - Elite
Some things are beautiful for the very reason that they're unobtainable.
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 04:46:20 PM »

lol dont hate appreciate. you are jealous and i love it. laugh i am having such a good time hearing this 1

emy 12
Wizard_Of_War
Private

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 05:00:27 PM »

Again yall dont like the fact we jumped the board to fast fine its been changed... But we earned every stinking cred and whatever position came with it. If you can prove we cheeted somehow let me know how... And i will delete my account.

Wizard_Of_War
forumemy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 05:08:58 PM »

this is an unwinnable battle because you guys wont admit we beat you because of how stubborn you are so lets leave it be let us get everything we earned( no money but maybe gold and DEFINATLY halls of glory) and leave it be and settle it next round.

emy 12
Drackin
Corporal

the world is like a marble, roll with it

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 05:14:56 PM »

why is everyone so worked up about this? this is a new server with new rules and this is the first official round. WTF did you expect? bugs and loopholes and cheats are going to be found. those who were already taking advantage of it before DDD got involved didnt even bother to tell anyone. through teamwork, the members of DDD for the most efficient way to exploit that bug for the purpose of pinpointing the problem. now.. the issue is resolved. you are welcome. now get over it, and play the damned game!

Jonathan16
Corporal

hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 06:46:33 PM »

reset the round have 48 hours red dday and just start fresh anyone who put $ into that round get there $ back. simple 1

DJJBOMB (#11554)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: