Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 03:02:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SO Elite Server - classic SO at its best  (Read 24277 times)
Jonathan16
Corporal

hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 10:15:39 PM »

This look good but, I still like the sever before all this alien/planet stuff was around and just have ( mission contracts/encounters/mining station ) that was more better because you don't know what other player had and you could hide your power when you put your ships away and when it come to Dday, it was better because you was unsure who had what.

I know you made it better taken some of the bugs out but some other would still want the old way back, and i reckon some of them would back to playing the game as well.

Sir Emi feel free to say yes or no if this will every happen at all this is what some old vet player want who want the old system back were it was like space ball vs $$$_G-UNIT_$$$, ha they was the days when you got zeroed and knew how it felt to slowly get back up the ranks.
Report to moderator   Logged

DJJBOMB (#11554)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 11:41:46 PM »

Do I presume correctly that this server will require another different email address to set up an account on it?

Just one thing I'd like to say to everyone that intends to try out this new server... How about everyone uses their main 'known' ID's to make it more fun knowing who's playing

You'll be able to register for SO Elite from the registration form. You can use the same email and same user if you want for all servers...

Impersonating is not allowed, so don't say you are someone else from Main, it's not allowed. If you use a username that's from a well known commander on Main to register for Elite, please make sure you have the same email so there are no problems.

Thank you.

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 01:44:17 AM »

am I a well-known commander? 16

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 08:49:40 AM »

Yes I agree with ABI that missions should be based on commander fleet power like it was in the "classic" days. pun intended.

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Cpt. Relentless
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 02:45:18 PM »

I also agree 1

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 09:29:58 AM »

ok emi firstly NICE!!

great idea sounds like heaps of fun.

i also agree motherships should be powerbased like the old days

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Fester
Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 09:59:44 AM »

I'm alos guessing that designs on main won't be available on the new server?
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 12:41:46 PM »

They shouldn't be available.
Suppose you buy a 100 Quad ship in Elite server (with cloning with gold account).
And the Main server just started. That would mean, you either don't get royalties...
or you get enough royalties for the rest of the round.. 16
So I think you should just re-create all the ships here. Just like on SO Wars, just like on SO PvE and just like on Sea-O

Grtz, ABI w00t2

Btw. you guys are mixing my words... I asked: Not powerbased like in the old days?
Whilst you guys are saying: Yea! we want it powerbased! As ABI said!
Not my words lol...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:43:17 PM by A^Bloody^Idiot » Report to moderator   Logged

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
lllSp4nKylll
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »

So lemme get this straight... only way to make credits WITHOUT ships is with workers on mothership?
Also you still going to give back 50% or whatever it is to person losing ships in pvp? I may give this a shot... But likely will not like it much.
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »

So lemme get this straight... only way to make credits WITHOUT ships is with workers on mothership?
Also you still going to give back 50% or whatever it is to person losing ships in pvp? I may give this a shot... But likely will not like it much.

About the 50% back or whatever (I dunno the % either), yes, that is in effect. As for credits. That is correct as well.
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 04:51:25 PM »

- randomized the PvP salvage and changed some percents:
   -> on successful attack:
   -> attacker gets random between 20%-60% of defender destroyed fleets (40% average)
   -> defender gets random between 30%-70% of defender destroyed fleets (50% average)
Read everything here:
http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,5891.0.html

But yes Sp4nky back in the old days only income was:
Missions + Secret Asteroid Base Interest + workers income + market + votes + Boarding Enemy's (and capturing of course).

Back then you didn't have salvage or gaining credits on succesfull attacks.

And at one point the Bounty Hunter System was created which was an extra form of income with attacking.
After that: Galaxy + Encounters, then encryption missions, then stations, then aliens + hidden aliens + incursions, then planets
(maybe I mixed the order, but these are the basic updates)

Zan
Corporal

Mongrels!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2011, 02:08:24 AM »

hmm.. I don't know why but classic so was like wars when it was not updated. Only thing is that there's no mothership missions there and the creds in the SAB cant have a higher value than the workers. Maybe I'd try this out 13

Gilgamesh`(#90389) - Main
Gilgamesh(#7367) - Wars
Gilgamesh`(#26), Gilgamesh(#115) - Elite
Some things are beautiful for the very reason that they're unobtainable.
Jonathan16
Corporal

hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 01:19:39 PM »

The sever should be just the same as when ( spaceball vs $$$_G-UNIT_$$$ ) they was the days when you had a great wars and they is just how it should be round. ( i think July 08, 2006, 11:26AM )

If it goes back to just that it will be cool : D.

DJJBOMB (#11554)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 02:19:09 PM »

I'm alos guessing that designs on main won't be available on the new server?

Actually, most of the desings from SO Main are in the SO Elite database, however the duplicates are removed, some expensive tiny man fleets are way un-eco in this server you could try it and see but only kept unique ship designs that are made very well, examples are "Prophet" series, "Tony's" series, all in all about 34k unique fleet designs of the best quality.

The contracts / mothership missions will work with a reward base and fleet power as added reward. This means that you will have a min reward / difficulty based on your cmd level, but also with fleet power increasing your reward and enemy spawns, so basically the more fleet power you have the more difficult and rewarding the mission contracts gets and it's multiplied by difficulty.

Also please note:

Top Ranking is determined by the total assets, a relative power of all segments, workers, credits and all reserve and active fleets value a commander has acquired.
Mothership power is determined by the relative power of all segments, workers, credits and the power of the active fleets around the mothership.
Total Assets is used to determine the winners at the end of a round.

So mothership power is used for attacking, while Total Assets power is used to determine round winners.

This ensures round winners will be those with most assets. It could still be possible to increase total assets a bit by buying lots of ships during DDAY, if you have a good "Line Assemble" & Gold bonus, however you are not limited to powering up via power ships, you can just as well buy superships.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 02:31:12 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2011, 03:51:43 PM »

Total Assets is used to determine the winners at the end of a round.

So mothership power is used for attacking, while Total Assets power is used to determine round winners.

This ensures round winners will be those with most assets. It could still be possible to increase total assets a bit by buying lots of ships during DDAY, if you have a good "Line Assemble" & Gold bonus, however you are not limited to powering up via power ships, you can just as well buy superships.

So, if I were to buy my superships in active, I would gain (suppose) 100.000.000 power, and if I were to buy them in reserve, I would ALSO gain 100.000.000 power in total assets?
I don't think this is suppost to happen, as you can't be hit on DDay then 16

@DJJBomb, there never was a big war between Space Balls and G-Unit
First it was G-Unit vs. Space Balls (3rd round)
Then it was G-Unit vs. Dooms Day Defenders (4th round)
And the round after that (5th), Space Balls were actually dominating yes, but they didn't have a war going on with anyone.
You had in top 10: Ricu, Ronald, SirDuction, Chicpea, TheDarkness, Tamtam
Tamtam gave up the round 3 weeks before the end.
TheDarkness bought all his ships in reserve and didn't have the credits to activate them during DDay 16
Ronald just didn't log in anymore when the DDay counter started, so he was zeroed and completely raided.
That's why you only have 3 Space Balls in top 10.

Grtz, ABI w00t2

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: