Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 11:03:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Missions Fleets  (Read 5530 times)
darklordofthesith
Private

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2006, 05:04:40 PM »

Does the mission fleet's power you fight depend at all on your fleets power?  My fleet used to be of power 100mill, and I very rarely lost one, if ever.  But now my fleet is stronger, about 600mill, and I keep losing ships often!  Why is this?
Report to moderator   Logged
darklordofthesith
Private

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 05:05:42 PM »

I think the ship I'm using is a little more agressive, but not by much.  But it will have more hitpoints than the original still, so it should die less often right?
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 11:15:13 PM »

Let's look at it all this way.

1) Are you doing higher % missions?  This could account for the problems.  I'm assuming it isn't this, but want to make sure anyway.

2) More aggressive, even by a bit, can make it die a lot more.  Attack gives more power than hp, so by transferring just a little bit of the ship to attack, you both make it weaker to other ships' attacks, and increase its power by more than you probably think.

Let's look at it this way.
Ship 1 has 100 mill hp, 50 mill attack.  It has a power of, say, 100 million.
Ship 2 has 200 mill hp, 500 mill attack.  It has a power of 600 million.
Obviously, ship 2 has a very serious problem with living, as a ship of equal power will almost certainly kill it.  It has more hp than ship 1, but will spawn ships with more than twice the attack of what ship 1 will create.  I know your ships probably aren't this drastically different, but this same difference can have an effect on a smaller scale, too.

3) Edit your post.  It helps keep the forum concise and whatnot.  I've been seeing too many people make absolutely useless posts (likely to increase their post count), though I won't count this time against you ^_^

4) Defense is a good way to keep a ship's power low, while increasing its survivability, especially against several fleets.

Have fun, good luck.  A lot of people with higher ship powers have been having mission problems, in that their ships die a lot on them.
darklordofthesith
Private

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 02:36:12 AM »

ok, but I'm still unclear on one thing.  The 2 differant ships I've used are like this.

Ship 1, 1000mill hitpoints, 400mill attack
Ship 2, 2100mill hitpoints, 2000mill attack

The 2nd ship is the one I use now, and I am doing the same % missions.  Why is my second ship dieing more often?  It has more hitpoints so I'd have expected it to last longer.  The only explanation I can think of is that the mision fleets now have higher attack.  So are they of a higher power if you use more fleet?
fat monkey13
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 01:12:56 PM »

Try taking some of the attack off and adding it onto hp. The crew level bonus will bring the attack up so that its more equal to the hp. Or you could try lower % missions.

The only thing certain in life is death.
"Always look on the bright side of life" 'til you're died that is.
Life is full of all sorts of challenges, and once you've completed one, there'll always be another.
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 04:02:51 PM »

Attack adds much more power than hitpoints. Because of its much higher power-to-hitpoints ratio, the enemy's attack will increase faster than your hitpoints.

Like, with:

100M Atk / 100M HP vs. 85M Atk / 85 HP

You're not going to loose any ships. But if you increase your attack much more than your hitpoints, the enemies will keep they're average well-roundedness and it'd be like this:

500M Atk / 200M HP vs. 285M Atk / 285M HP

And you'll loose your ships in this battle. Because you invested a lot more into attack then hitpoints, you'll loose your ships more often because you'll be up against more well-rounded ships.

At least, this is what I am led to believe.

darklordofthesith
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 05:33:37 PM »

so the mission fleets do get stronger then?
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 05:40:24 PM »

Ya, they're somewhat porportional to your power. I'm not positive, but I believe it's related to your total power, rather than your fleet power. Especially sense rewards are dependant on your total power.

charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 10:05:57 AM »

Rewards are only based off of your fleet power, in 1% at least (from what I've seen - add up your total fleet power, then divide that by the reward, and you'll see what I mean).

And yes, the difficulty of the fleet you fight is based off of the reward you get.  So, if you have a weaker fleet do a high mission %, it may be worth 20 million credits.  But with a much more powerful fleet, you may see the 1% mission's reward at 20 million credits.  You will face the same general fleet that you would have before, but now you have a bigger ship.  The % you were doing before may be a lot higher reward.

With your new ship, you doubled your hp, but you multiplied your attack by 4.  Now your stats are about the same, and so you are more prone to death from a high-attack mission fleet (there are so many - why do people have to make swarmers with 15 times as much attack as hp?  bleh).  Your new ship has more than twice the power of the old ship, right?  But it can't take more than twice the damage before it dies.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 10:20:15 AM by charmuska » Report to moderator   Logged
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 06:06:38 PM »

Here's a fact, if two ships of equal attack and hitpoints meet it depends on their ratios what happens.

If they both have more attack then hitpoints, they both die. Tie
If they both have more hitpoints then attack, neither one dies. Tie
If one has more attack than hitpoints but the other one is vica-versa, either none of them or the hitpoint heavy one will die. Tie?

Those are the numbers, don't ask me how to interpret them, though.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 06:55:29 PM »

basically, it is always better to lean slightly more towards hitpoints then towards attack, but try to keep it balanced.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 11:58:04 PM »

i always peffer hits over attack 13

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: