Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 07:59:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Official List of Suggestions  (Read 3641 times)
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2011, 03:22:34 PM »

Hey,

I understand that when Emi does actually check the forums, he's not going to read most topics, and he's more likely to read one that has 'Official' in the title.

As the title says, this is a list of suggestions, so everything is in a nice, neat, and easy to access spot. Not all of these are mine, and where I can, I'll post a link/the name of the person who came up with it. If you want a suggestion added to the list, post about it below, and either give a full explanation of it or post a link to it.

-A suggestion to make designing easier
The link to this is http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,7102.0.html

This idea of mine is pretty much just to make it so that we can design all the parts on a ship on one page, to make things easier. Not a necessity, but helpful.

-Mining Facilities UI
The link to this is http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,7098.0.html

A^Misses^Idiot posted this idea, which has been brought up a lot. Call people lazy, but you'd use it too. Make it easier to withdraw from Mining Facilities, as well as planets...and SAB's (although that's not in there) by creating a 'Withdraw All' button.

Along with this, though, an Idea was posted by NolanJB awhile ago, I think, about a function for the science UI to choose to input maximum values in a research category rather than type it all out. A 'Research All' button, I suppose.

-Rating and creating Ship Lines
The link to this is http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,7077.0.html

I'll quote blakranger51 here...A very awesome idea was proposed by Secret(#1541) of the PVE server. This idea basically allows players to say whether or not their designs fit into a 'line', and allows players with gold account to search by fleet line names rather than ship names, and they could rate them, too. High rated lines would be the recommended ones.

-A so called 'Automailing System'

I like the general idea..but I won't post a link because he was trying to boast the guides he stole from Lamma.

I'm more thinking get a GOOD player to write a small startup guide, give a link to the forums, and remind them to vote. Maybe direct them towards several alliances they could join once they leave the training alliance, or some good players' names that wouldn't mind to help them.

-DDay Requirements

I don't know how many times this has been brought up, or how many times it has to be brought up. The population of SpaceO is shrinking. Shrink the amount of people required to start Dday as well. Commander level should be fine at 100, but I dunno. I'd like to see a new round before somebody maxes out. I also like the idea of ending the round earlier on, so that the top spots are a little more unpredictable.

-War

A little idea of mine...For Alliance Vs. Alliance wars, make the same thing like a truce but a little different. Terms of surrendering would be set by both (Or all if there's more alliances) alliance leaders, and in the event that these terms are reached, create a 7 day truce or something, then make a Halls Of Glory type thing to show who won what war each round. I think it'd be kinda cool.

-Player Awards
The link to this idea is http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,5170.0.html

I really like this idea. Giving out medals or rewards or anything for these types of things, and creating round statistics would be interesting.

-In Game Profile

Why not make a profile that players can fill out with simple things like playing time, preferred playing type, preferred lines, where they're from (I often try to talk to people only to learn they don't speak English) and a lot of other things. A personal statistics page would also be nice, which would record each round the biggest cost ship you've bought, best attack you've done, highest encounter, how many encounters/encryptions you've done, etc, etc. I think this has been mentioned before, but it's a cool idea.

You should also be able to make it so that other commanders can not see it if you wish.

-SpaceO Mailing system Overhaul
I thought of this while mailing Saturn 7.

for one thing, make the message that says you have mail more prominent. I want to be able to see it when I'm in the Galaxy, and I want it to be at the top of my screen when I hit encounters and stuff..I don't scroll down.

Next, make a contacts list. It makes it easier to mail someone than 1) Typing their name in, or 2) Copy/pasting it. A contacts list would also allow you to mail multiple people at one time.

Also, an instant message thing might be good. Yes yes, I know, this isn't Msn and there's already a chat box..but you know what I mean. You wanna IM with somebody ingame, but don't wanna add them to a personal IM. And you want a private conversation. I think this is a good idea personally...

-Killer Fleets

Ok, I don't know what can be done about these, but something has to be done. It's quite obvious they're more prominent this round than any other. A lot of people're losing mains..Not so much to tinymen. Lately the killer fleets are more like Kamikazes than anything. People say it's mostly in aliens but it's in everything.

-Donations

Hot topic.

We need like a donation cap or something, anything! I'm not going to name any names, but you all know who this would most apply to..And you all know the reasons for this. I won't go any further in depth.

I will add more on to these as people post.

DO NOT POST OFF TOPIC ON THIS AT ALL. ALL RESPONSES MUST BE MATURE AND LEGITIMATE. ANY SPAM OR FLAMING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, AND SUCH POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 04:30:25 PM by Truth Of Mind » Report to moderator   Logged
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 10:19:57 PM »

*cough* I feel like posting, might as well bump this for Emi. What does that mean? It means Emi should read it >_> Instead of acting like Emi always does.

Little bit drunk.
Report to moderator   Logged
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 02:14:56 AM »

I agree with pretty much all of those suggestions, especially the ship lines thing (I design a line of ships), the donation cap thing (donating is so out of hand right now, could we maybe also lower the donation amounts, because you could buy my lead ship at the moment for like 5-10 bucks), and the war thing.  I think maybe it would be really cool if you got extra PvP salvage for a succesful attack on somebody you are at war with.  Also, I think it would be a good idea to change the "succesful attack" guidelines to work by credits, not by power, because I often attack and lose a fleet of pships or two to kill a main, and it counts as not being succesful because I lost more power, but in actuallity it was a vety succesful attack as I killed a main for little cost...  Ya Emi should definately look at this

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »

*cough* I feel like posting, might as well bump this for Emi. What does that mean? It means Emi should read it >_> Instead of acting like Emi always does.

Little bit drunk.

Cough, cough. You upgraded the servers, and said updating would be easier, right?
Lieutenant-Lolz
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 02:30:11 PM »

I love how basically none of these ideas were taken into account..

Needs doing, get on it EMI!
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »

Yeah, I understand they aren't the highest priority, or updated the list lately, but at least I laid them out for him, and he disregards...a lot of these are good suggestions.

He seems to put an extraordinarily lack-luster effort into updating nowadays unless he absolutely has to, and what I think would make the game great is if he actually did take other things into consideration. He has other games and all, but still...
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: