Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 04:09:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which would you prefer?
1)Yes, make a new, Classic Spaceo Server. - 13 (65%)
2)Just remove stations, and planets from current server. - 3 (15%)
3)I wouldn't change anything, I like the as it is. - 4 (20%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Classic Spaceo ... Again.  (Read 5891 times)
Invader Zim
Private

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2011, 11:52:36 PM »

Okay, so I may not be the only one who wants this, and I'm sure many will disagree. I've been talking to, Emi, about this and asked him would it help convince him if I made a poll about changing things.

Option 1. Classic Spaceo, would be just like in the first few rounds. Before the galaxy was introduced and we just all attacked eachother, and did mothership missions for credits. Some people may not like this but us older players would enjoy it. I'm pretty sure most of us remember logging into over 20 attacks on us within an hour and staying in nebulas.

Option 2. It would be Spaceo, right before stations, and planet were introduced. Also it would take away incursions and the bigger galaxy. With a smaller galaxy people would PvP a little more for encounters. It would be a bit more competitive. I would like to keep the aspect that you recive credits for destroyed ships, and that you can use workers for marines. That was a good idea.

Option 3. Leaving everything as it is. Which I think is boring.. Theres almost no PvP or anything on this server. You can attack someone and they get there losses back in a day. This is not a very competitive place.. Although these rounds are a little faster, they are also boring.

I think this would get a lot of old people back and some new people to stay. Something I would like to change over all is the amount of D-Day players needed for Dooms Day. I think 10 is an adequate amount of people.
If you have any other questions regarding how these rounds are played without certain amenities feel free to post it on here. I'm pretty sure people will be more then willing to answer it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 12:58:22 AM by Invader Zim » Report to moderator   Logged

Invader Zim
Private

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 12:57:20 AM »

From: Redcap Joe - "In general I like the way things are. However, bigger rewards for PvP would be good. Also, if planets were limited on max capacity, then they people wouldn't get back what they lost so quickly. Also, limit the number of stations/mines people can have more. Maybe 3 or so. Get rid of cloaking and make station hitpoints more expensive. That would make hitting stations/mines easier as a form of PvP. Overall, basically limit the money makers for people."

Do I agree with this? Eh, ..... Opinions on this??
Report to moderator   Logged

Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 02:30:34 AM »

not one bit. it's a rather stupid argument, and limiting stations is what weaker less skilled players who don't know how to properly function, or know the right number of stations to have. By having 3 there would be little skill involved in know the "proper" number of stations needed to excell. As with limiting max capacity with planets would be. I honestly believe those 2 arguments are from the viewpoints of a weak and unskilled player who thinks that by not knowing how to play he should limit those who do down to his level.

Long story short redcap joe should L2P.

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 12:15:54 PM »

Option 1 or 2 are both good, and this has been brought up many times. Emi never really bothered talking much about it, though. Despite how many would have liked it.

It'd make him more money then the WARS server is right now.
lllSp4nKylll
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 03:38:05 PM »

Just wandering... Is there not a pvp server allready set up?
I like option 3 and thats how I voted. With how the game is set up you can do both pvp and pve. There is an inbalance between the two which is fairly obvious cept a few exceptions that know to be a strong pvp player you must also know how to pve. Rewards for pvp should be higher but speaking from experience losses should not be changed when your hit. With boarding attacks being the norm in pvp you sometimes get nothing back if the ship is takin but if its destroyed you get credits back and at least you have a chance to counter within the 24 hours given. If your going to lower the ammount of losses returned then the 24 hours should be raised to 48 hours for a counter. Also dont forget emi has added in a few things that can be teched up to raise the ammount of items/segments gained in pvp.

Just my 2 cents
Dont flame me is just my opinion  1
Spanky
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 04:49:54 PM »

Spanky, this is mostly geared towards older players, I assume..you weren't around before SpaceO was the way it is today, so you wouldn't really know how the old SpaceO worked or how fun it was..No offense.

Also, I've moved this topic to suggestions, because that's what it is, a suggestion.
Invader Zim
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 05:15:20 PM »

Spanky, there is a PvP server. It's called wars, but that server is fried. Dead. Crap.  12

Jonathan16
Corporal

hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 02:10:53 PM »

I agree the old S O was a LOT HARDER and much more fun.

DJJBOMB (#11554)
baltic
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 04:55:50 AM »

personally i've always supported spaceo classic, even though i can't play any server atm i strongly support the idea.

off to serve my country in the deep forests of the freezing hell.
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 08:33:50 PM »

HEY, EMI, OVER HERE.

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »

HEY, EMI, OVER HERE.

He made it bro. It just instantly sucked after the last incident.
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 02:24:31 PM »

what incident? 16

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: