Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 29, 2024, 01:38:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Discovery Part 2  (Read 2059 times)
Ramagar
Private

I like people...but it takes so long to cook one.

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2006, 12:50:38 PM »

Here is the next part of "The Discovery". Enjoy!

Chapter 1
   “Ok, people. Our current situation is not a good one. We have no hyperdrive and no n-space drive. We are in orbit around an unknown planet, and until the scans of the planet are complete, we don’t know if we can land on it. If it turns out that we can land on this planet, we may be able to find resources and manufacture an n-space drive and hyperdrive.” Ramagar informs his crew.
   “I have a question,” says Andrew, “Even if we can land on the planet and find resources to make new drives, how can we? The one person who could do it is stuck in Medical. No one else on board this mothership has the technical know-how to put a drive together, especially one as complex as a hyperdrive. Until Kyle has completely recovered, we are stuck here.”
   “Andrew, shut up. We shall solve that problem when we get to it. But what you say is true. Until Kyle has recovered, we are stuck here.” Ramagar says.
   “Ramagar, the planetary scans are complete. It is a hospitable planet. And there is something else. The scans have detected that there is something down there, something that is not natural. A man made object.” says Systems tech Terep.
   “…Man made objects? Andrew, get the shuttle ready. We are going to the planet.”
15 minutes later…
   “There it is, Ramagar. Straight ahead. Terep was right. Looks like a city. Or what is left of one. Who do you think built it?” Andrew asks as they look for a spot to land.
   “Who knows? Over there, on the right. Looks like the remains of a starpad. Land there.” Ramagar instructs Andrew.
   “Right. Once we—” Andrew begins, then is interrupted by a beeping noise. “Incoming transmission from Terep. I wonder what he found now?”
   “Hey, guys. Not to worry you or anything, but long range sensors are detecting an incoming hyperwake. ETA about one hour.” Terep informs Ramagar and Andrew.
   “Is it possible for this day to get any worse?” Ramagar mutters to himself. Out loud he asks, “Can you tell if it is a friendly ship? ‘Cause that would be great.”
   “We can’t tell that at this moment. If we learn anything new, we will inform you.”
   “Awesome. You do that. Meanwhile, Andrew and I shall explore this city.”
Chapter 2
   Ramagar tries to open yet another door. This one opens to an immense room filled with computer consoles. “Well, now. Looks like we hit the jackpot with this one. Let’s see if these consoles work.” Ramagar says as he walks over to the nearest console.
   “I wonder what this building use to be?” wonders Andrew as he enters the room.
   “Probably an information storage facility of sorts.” Ramagar replies as he turns on a console. Surprisingly, the ancient machine turns on with a soft hum. Suddenly, Ramagar’s communicator buzzes. “Ramagar here.”
   “It’s Terep. The incoming hyperwake looks like it belongs to a Rebel Forces fleet. ETA is about 10 minutes.” Terep informs Ramagar.
   “Right. We shall be back soon.” Ramagar says as he looks at the console screen. The only words on the screen make Ramagar wonder what planet they have found. The screen said: WELCOME TO THE LIBRARY OF VENDAA. The only planet that had a city called Vendaa was destroyed with the invention of the Stellar Converter. At least, that is what the historians say. But if this is that planet, then…then is the most major discovery ever made in the history of the human race.
To be Continued…
Report to moderator   Logged

The question is not if I am prepared to meet my maker, but if he is ready to meet me...

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 02:05:42 AM »

Is this a second story (a sequel) or just like, part 2 of the same book?
Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: