Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 05:17:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PvP and Defense Against PVP  (Read 4702 times)
Invader Zim
Private

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:37:56 PM »

Well, I've noticed that a lot of players new and old don't know how to PvP or even defend against it. Everyone is just basically Pship popping. It's getting annoying and repetitive. I wouldn't mind to log on and see a ship or two gone on a counter or an attack. A lot of people are being hit back down by peoples alts who got bored with their main account. For one person I can say "NightDagger" and his alt attack a lot of new people.

So Anathema(#142115) and myself Invader Zim(#143780) would like to extend a helping hand. If any new players or old players wanna learn certain aspects of PvP'ing from, attacking, using swarms, kamis', how to cause effective damage and not just kill pships. We'll also teach people on how to defend when constantly being attacked and how to make a succesful counter attack. Again not just killing power ships.

We'll help out also with how to build stations, using mining tech for nanites, planet constrution, basically stuff to help you grow and stay atleast in the top 30 ...

Oh, just because my ID number is new, does not at all mean I can't PvP or defend against PvP. I'm actually an older player returning for some fun. I won't disclose who I am. So don't ask.  12

So feel free to PM us or join Anathema's alliance, Black Death.  17
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:19:29 AM by Invader Zim » Report to moderator   Logged

Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:43:42 PM »

Although I can't join the alliance I am definately supportive of getting more pvp into the game.  I'll be starting to do a lot more of it myself
Report to moderator   Logged

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Anathema
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 10:35:47 AM »

Great idea, Zim.  Although it sucks losing a ship or two to PvP, it's really what makes this game fun.  Too many times I've watched games go downhill because too many people whined and moaned that they were hit and the designers tweaked things to have less PvP (this game is borderline right now).  Let me tell you: just building ships, mines, and planets makes for a BORING game.  Don't believe me?  Try out the PVE version of this game.  I actually looked forward to someone popping one of my stations just for something to rebuild.

I'd say lesson one of PvP is to SCOUT with a ship that doesn't do any damage.  That way, you'll see what the other player has without killing his p-ships and sending him into a nebula.  When you know what he has, you can figure out what it takes to do some actual damage.  I'd much rather gain credits taking out someone's lead ship (or all of their ships) than lose turns just giving them a counter-attack by killing a p-ship.
baltic
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 11:56:42 AM »

i'd help out with the pvp aspect if i had time to play atm. 16

off to serve my country in the deep forests of the freezing hell.
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »

I'm available to help with the attacking aspects of the game, specifically, if anybody is interested. You can find me on the forums or at Lost Soul(#1108).
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 07:01:44 AM »

yeah ken. i mean zim. go ahead and teach everyone how to hit, then hide like a little "pregnant dog." good lesson man.

edit: *looks at logs for the 5th time*
perhaps you shouldnt be teaching PvP. ; )
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:15:01 AM by mannaman15 » Report to moderator   Logged

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Invader Zim
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 12:52:40 PM »

First off, Wes, you don't even marine your ships you "king of laughs". And your really trying to tell me about teaching PvP? LMAO.. Get real, Wes, stick to the PvE server you "king of laughs".

Second, I don't hide my ships. I leave out my ships to be countered or kami'ed. Did I hide my 100bill ship you kami'ed? No. It's part of the game to PvP and props to you for killing it. I really don't have a problem with it.

Your the last person on the planet of Spaceo who should say anything about PvP, I don't even think you really know how to play unless you "something to do with"WoW.

If you think your up to the job kid, how about we just PvP all round? Or do you have to ask your daddy WoW if it's okay? LMAO.. What a "king of laughs".

And if your trying to say I'm ken.. Your highly mistaken.

-edited by FTP
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 03:38:52 PM by FTP » Report to moderator   Logged

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 02:02:29 PM »

Please keep it civil...if this is just going to be a flame war between Zim and Wes, I'm requesting a moderator to lock this..if it is going to be used for it's true purpose, I'd like you to show that it will be.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »

Zim, you are warned, please watch your language

Ow and for those interested..... it ain't Ken.... his language already betrayed him.

And no I will not tell who it is  12

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 06:08:37 PM »

First off, Wes, you don't even marine your ships you "king of laughs". And your really trying to tell me about teaching PvP? LMAO.. Get real, Wes, stick to the PvE server you "king of laughs".

Second, I don't hide my ships. I leave out my ships to be countered or kami'ed. Did I hide my 100bill ship you kami'ed? No. It's part of the game to PvP and props to you for killing it. I really don't have a problem with it.

Your the last person on the planet of Spaceo who should say anything about PvP, I don't even think you really know how to play unless you "something to do with"WoW.

If you think your up to the job kid, how about we just PvP all round? Or do you have to ask your daddy WoW if it's okay? LMAO.. What a "king of laughs".

And if your trying to say I'm ken.. Your highly mistaken.

-edited by FTP

Of course I dont marine my ships. Most people arnt stupid enough to go toe-to-toe with me. : )
And most that have know better than to do it again.
Why are you bringing WoW into this? He taught me how to play, sure, but I've been teaching him a bit lately because he was gone so long, so what's that about?

If you truly doubt my ability to play, than I've been giving you much more credit than I should have been.

As for hiding ships, you left me a galaxy counter, which I'm sure you thought you were safe from while hiding behind a neb.
Anyhow, its all whatever to me. I can both dish, and take so I'm down for whatever you feel like throwing at me.
Good luck this round, buddy.
---Wes

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 06:13:54 PM »

Let this be the end of it.
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 07:07:18 PM »

LAWL.  I would very much like to see a war between Wes and Zim....  16

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 04:02:08 AM »

LAWL.  I would very much like to see a war between Wes and Zim....  16

*punches Grond in the gut*
Want more?!*

Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 11:02:12 PM »

Yes please!

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: