Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
July 03, 2024, 04:56:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Swastika-logo  (Read 24010 times)
Swastika alliance-logo
« on: June 15, 2006, 10:06:32 PM »

IronEagle44 (#7613) is a leader of the alliance: Orion_Battle_Fleet
Their logo is a WWII badge with a swastika on it.
Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 01:37:15 AM »

i don't think this is inappropriate, as the Nazi's were simply following Hitler, who was the insane man. I think it's ok.

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 01:45:51 AM »

i don't think this is inappropriate, as the Nazi's were simply following Hitler, who was the insane man. I think it's ok.
Mmmmmm....It does have the whole 'jew persecution thing going though... 21

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 01:47:47 AM »

not really, as long as they don't say kill the jews in their description, I don't see a problem with it.

SofiaB(#4600)
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 12:17:13 PM »

I was starting this toppic. I wouldn`t mind a swastika without any statement, cause it was a religiouse symbol in the first place before hitler stylised it. I wouldn`t mind logos or names of armys, countries etc. There is for example a logo with an anchor, eagle and the world which stands for the US Marine Chor. Hey, it`s a game, and a name/logo should show off where you come from, where you are connected to, should spread fear*g*, sound funny and so on.
But this is an original swastika-eagle badge from WWII without any statement or explanation doesn`t only stands for an former army... I am german and this logo is a political statement, is still in use to spread political messages, as street code, as identification for people. In Without any statement can anyone of you say, this is in honour for dead soldiers, sth. like a roll of honour, is he working in a musee about WWII, showing a  restaurated tank with such symbols, soomeone who is playing a historical campaign with a friend? I will send him a message and ask him. But as it turns out to be political motivated, I want your support, or I`ll call myselve 9/11supporter, Stalin, UCK if this isn`t against the gamerules.
The other thing is, my french grandmother was murdered as a member of Resseau Alliance (Resistance) and my grandfather lost his leg wearing such a bag, I was beaten up by some guys who was tattooed with signs like these and useing these signs, because my Ex-girlfriend came from Sofia, Bulgary, liveing in germany since she was 6, stuying, working, liveing here  and speaks/writes better german than these guys.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 05:11:18 PM »

Like I said, without a description saying anything about the persicution of jews, this is not a bad symbol, and we can't tell them they can't use it.

Crazy Man
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 01:57:50 PM »

I was starting this toppic. I wouldn`t mind a swastika without any statement, cause it was a religiouse symbol in the first place before hitler stylised it. I wouldn`t mind logos or names of armys, countries etc. There is for example a logo with an anchor, eagle and the world which stands for the US Marine Chor. Hey, it`s a game, and a name/logo should show off where you come from, where you are connected to, should spread fear*g*, sound funny and so on.
But this is an original swastika-eagle badge from WWII without any statement or explanation doesn`t only stands for an former army... I am german and this logo is a political statement, is still in use to spread political messages, as street code, as identification for people. In Without any statement can anyone of you say, this is in honour for dead soldiers, sth. like a roll of honour, is he working in a musee about WWII, showing a  restaurated tank with such symbols, soomeone who is playing a historical campaign with a friend? I will send him a message and ask him. But as it turns out to be political motivated, I want your support, or I`ll call myselve 9/11supporter, Stalin, UCK if this isn`t against the gamerules.
The other thing is, my french grandmother was murdered as a member of Resseau Alliance (Resistance) and my grandfather lost his leg wearing such a bag, I was beaten up by some guys who was tattooed with signs like these and useing these signs, because my Ex-girlfriend came from Sofia, Bulgary, liveing in germany since she was 6, stuying, working, liveing here  and speaks/writes better german than these guys.

its life...people gets killed, other people gets mutated by losing some body parts, some people gets beat up....thats life...might as well get used to it like i did....
SofiaB
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 06:33:03 AM »

I knew I shouldn`t have bring up my personal experience. BTW: What`s it all about jews, you`re stuck on that, aren`t you? People get killed and suffer, get used to it? No comment!
"Without" a description it is a conclusion. If it says sth. like "we are the soldiers of Stalingrad, nothing to loose and ready to blast away everyone who stands in our way" I wouldn`t have any problems.
And what`s about my other points?
Well, nevermind, close this thread, I`m fine with that. I`m founding an alliance, the KKK, or maybe just a burning cross - logo (Does anybody know how the emblem of the KKK looks like, send one to me, I can use it). Or become the Gullack-overseer. What`s about 9/11 part2 and a chemical-logo? People die anyway and as long I`m not saying, procecute the jews.
I asked him nicely anyway to put a description besides his logo or if he could say to me why he took this logo, maybe he reacts. Shutting down his account would be overreacting (That`s not what I wanted)

I`m really sorry for starting this threat. Next time I take care of a problem by myselve before give it away. It turned out that sending him a message was much lesser work than starting a discussion. If he don`t reacts I`ll tell you that and you have to decide.
I`m back to the game.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 02:36:46 PM »

I'll talk to Sir Emi about this and see what he says, though I really don't see how using an image is inappropriate, no matter what group it is from.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 05:36:55 PM »

BTW: What`s it all about jews, you`re stuck on that, aren`t you? People get killed and suffer, get used to it? No comment!

Complete and utter genocide. More Jews have been genocide-ed then any other religion or nationality, I believe. None the less, the crimes commited against them greatly out number the other anti-whatever crimes. And these things even happened in "modern" society. Such a dramatic step downward in our progression as humans. It was just barbaric.

SofiaB
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 07:43:51 PM »

Ok,  it isn`t a violation of the Tos. Nevermind. Maybe it`s just these cultural differences. This swastika is vorbidden by law. It`s not the first time I saw the swastika, for example sprayed on walls (which means, you are not german, get out of here. How many do we have to kill, how many refugee homes do we have to burn down till you leave?) That`s not only in germany a big theme.
 Sry that I brought up this toppic. Much more I`m sorry for beeing so dramatic, that sign was a red flag for me, but now I`m cooled down.
If you still wanna talk about WWII keep this threat open, if not, I`m out of here anyway.
Good night, and good luck.

sofiab
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 08:02:38 PM »

And Chronos, you`re almost right, but I was talking about something else.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 01:42:53 AM »

Sofiab, you are dead wrong if you are saying the swastika is forbidden in the united states. It is allowed to be displayed, PROVIDED that you have a good reason for it's display. Otherwise there would be MILLIONS of symbols banned for the reason that they upset someone.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 01:33:34 AM »

Heh, ya. Crosses, Stars of David, Skulls, Pictures of Jesus, Whatever the Muslims Use, the Anarchy symbol, Yin Yangs, anything unpassifistic, etc.

fat monkey13
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 12:14:40 PM »

I think that the Swastika was banned in Germany because it brings about really bad memories of a not too distant past. And the past can scare/annoy/anger people, which is most often not a good thing.

The only thing certain in life is death.
"Always look on the bright side of life" 'til you're died that is.
Life is full of all sorts of challenges, and once you've completed one, there'll always be another.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: