Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 07:31:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Truth Of Mind abuse of forum mod powers  (Read 1863 times)
Darth Bobo
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2011, 12:53:05 AM »

If a person is not violating any rules they should not be silenced simply because a mod does not agree with what they say double posting is posting the same thing twice if you post some new information that is not a double post and Lost soul should not delete my posts and/or belittle what i have to say and for doing so i stated i would hunt lost soul down in game whenever i could and after that she deleted my posts
Report to moderator   Logged
SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:41:57 AM »

If a person is not violating any rules they should not be silenced simply because a mod does not agree with what they say double posting is posting the same thing twice if you post some new information that is not a double post and Lost soul should not delete my posts and/or belittle what i have to say and for doing so i stated i would hunt lost soul down in game whenever i could and after that she deleted my posts

Double posting is more than just posting the same thing twice, it also encompasses replying to your own topic before someone else replies to it first.  Its more a form of spam than anything else.  If you find yourself in such a situation, you should edit your initial post and addon to it.  I have read the logs from what happened and I agree with Truth of Mind.  You double posted (a form a spam), you broke the rules, she handled it according to protocol.  Instead of letting it drop, you escalated the matter by threatening to hunt her down in game even though she was only doing her job.  It is fully within her rights and privileges as a Moderator to do just that.

While, yes, she could have merged the two posts instead of deleting them, actions are taken at Moderator Discretion based on the seriousness of the issue.  That is the point, so long as they do not overstep the Moderator Agreement, they are fully within their rights to handle each issue as an individual matter.

If you wish to discuss this further you may contact me through PM.

-SnipeDragon
Forum Administrator

Note:  Topic Closed.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:19:11 PM by SnipeDragon » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: