Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 29, 2024, 11:13:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Step 3 How to upgrade/play the game  (Read 3035 times)
mikael roy
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2011, 03:56:55 PM »

500 Million power in 7 days, Guide

This is the first time I have ever written such an extensive guide reviling many secrets and tricks even training alliances don’t tell you about. If you have any questions just ask.. Enjoy!

At Least 500 mil power in under a week starting from 250k power (guide)

*EDIT* Note:  Though the guide says 500 mil power in under a week, I have seen people do much much more.  For example, using this guide I went from the 250k starting to around 1 trillion power in 7 days.  It really depends on how you play, and how much you play.

Day 1
at 250k power-

This guide works best if at 250k power you have max turns.

1. Design a ship hull that has 1 space on it, label it A Decoy then buy 10 fleets of it with nothing on it.
2. Using the 500k you start off with buy as many of those ships as possible.
3. Place the segments you start off with on workshops
4. Extend 499 turns, place all the segments you gain onto biofarms
5. Vote! For turns and money

1-10 mil power-

1. Buy until you have around 3-10k of the “A Decoy” Fleet
2. Board EVERYONE you see with no ships with the Decoys
3. Use segments you get on biofarms and workshops (you only really need 300 workshops for now)
4. After boarding you should have a lot of segments and everyone you can possible see that has segments and no ships is in a fog.
5. Your sure there is no one else to get free segments from, Extend your ship for all your turns (leaving 500) you should get (I’m guessing) 300-500 mil cash
6. Power up 1 fleet of powerships (design posted in part 2 of the guide if you need to make one) make sure the fleet is at least 20% of your total power

Day 2
20-100 mil power-

1. You should have around 500-700 mil cash. Do the same thing as the day before board everyone unfogged, if you see a strong guy with 0 ships scout base (who knows they may have a nice stash) Scouts may take several attempts.  For best results use powerships with scouts
2. Vote! Again!!!
3. Extend 1000 turns after everyone is fogged that has 0 ships
4. You should have around 850-1 billion now
5. If you have 1 billion (and a lot of time left on your fog) buy a ship costing 1 billion (you CAN have 10 fleets of powerships up even with it, as long as your total power does not rise above 300 mil)
6. if you can afford the 1 billion start doing all encryptions and encounters you find in the sea (best to travel in some order, either from top to bottom covering every star or from left to right)
*HINT* NEVER go 2x over the power of your lead ship (strongest ship) so a 1 billion credit ship has 15 mil power, since you only have 1 ship it would be safe not to do any encounter or encryption that goes over around 20 mil power.
7. Spend as many turns as you have time to, if you ever get low on turns restrict the encounters you do to only doing Gold Transports and Time Storms.
*HINT* Use ALL of your command points on Line Assembly ONLY!!! This is to get cheaper ships, and cheaper ships = more faster upgrades

Day 3-
50-300 mil power (300 mil being with powerships)

1. If you don’t have the 1 billion credit ship yet repeat what you did in day one, boarding people for segments you should defiantly have 1 billion by the end of this day with extending, raiding and Votes.
*HINT* now is a good time to increase workshops to 900, so you now make 300 biofarms per turn – only build biofarms when you get 300 available segments
2. Once you get the 1 billion do what’s in day 2 for getting a 1 billion credit ship.
3. Keep doing encounters and encryptions (watch powers on encryptions, they do jump up fast, and if you don’t pay attention can kill your ships)
4. Once you get the cash upgrade!!
*HINT* upgrades!!! Upgrading works the best if you have your ships upgraded in a ratio, some double the cost (unsafe for your smallest ship) but the best strategy is to take the power of your current ship (about 15-16 mil for the 1 billion) times it by 100 and that = the cost of the next upgrade (15 mil times 100 = 1.5 billion, 1.5 billion = cost of your next ship)
5. Upgrades for now should raise in acu by 4-5% raise in abs by 3-4% the attack and hits would be calculated like shown in the ship building guide
6. Do more encounters!!! And encryptions, still watch powers on encryptions. (As your level goes up you get more money. Yummy)
7. The 1.5-1.6 billion ship should have around 23 mil power remember always make sure you have 10 fleets of powerships (with the first ship have 4x as many ships then the others) when your unfogged.
*HINT* and you can work together by fogging each other (attacking with 3 ships to fog the other player, then being countered so you both get fog)
8. If you can, keep doing encounters and encryptions.. Maybe if your lucky upgrade again (but your always want to make sure you have money for powerships too)

Day 4
1. You should now have 2-3 ships (depending on number up upgrades you managed the previous days) and your lead should be around 23 to (cant remember power of next upgrade, 35-36 mil I think) power
2. Remember to make sure you stay below 300 mil power for as long as you can (once you go over you can no longer see the 15 mil encounters, and that’s like 70% of the encounters your currently doing)
3. Once again make sure you have a good long fog to work under, if you ever come unfogged get those 10 fleets of powerships with the first once being 4x more then the rest ready, and get a fog.
4. Continue doing encounters and encryptions watching the power tell you have money for the next upgrade.
5. On the next upgrade (make sure all command points you can add onto line assembly are added to give you the largest possible discount) then SELL your last ship (sell but keep blueprints so you don’t have to re-make or find in gold (if you have gold account) again next round.
6. use the money you get from the last ship (tail ship) the help on your upgrade (so when calculating your next upgrade, say it’s a 3.5 bil, take off your line % [example, 3%] by doing 3.5 X .97 [ 100- your line %] = 3.395 bil [so about 3.4 billion] then subtract form that the sell value of your tail ship [half the buy price] so 1 billion will sell for 500 mil 3.395 - .5 (500 mil) making it that your need 2.895 billion for the next upgrade
7. Number six will be used to calculate both how much you need when selling your last ship to upgrade to a larger first ship.

Days 5-7

1. Well by now you should get a hang of how to upgrade, calculate your costs and to protect your ships from attacks, form this point on it’s pretty much repeating doing encounters, doing encryptions, upgrade, and sell tail ship.
2. Well a few things to look out for like items, they can actually become quite a good way to make a little extra cash. The items is the hand in the bottom left corner above the news, its best to use all segment, worker, and credit items. Then sell all defense items (for your never need them) then organize the rest of them from weakest to largest and sell off the weakest items your never use (like I doubt your ever use 37 attack items, so ill sell off the weakest 27, and keep the stronger ones just in case). It’s best to keep all mining items above +5 (for later use, to mine for almost no turns and upgrade additional %’s off ships)

Various hints!!!

*HINT* oh my god! You found a nice large gold transport, but it’s pushing the max limit you can possibly do with your ships??? You still want to do it, but want to take as little risk as possible. Wait, wait oh Lovely items!!! Use the highest Attack, Acu, Hits, and Abs bonuses items you can and test your luck, maybe that boost the items give you will give you that boost to keep your ships alive and win the mission.

*HINT* used to many items? Well don’t waste them on weak missions, just go to it in the “active items” second and click cancel so you can use it later when it’s needed

*HINT* Watch out as your power goes up your max goes down! When you have 3 ships and a lead ship of 35 mil power, you can easily push 60-70 mil encounters without items (only on golds). But when you have a lead ship of 500 mil power an encounter of 1 billion power is death!
Powers, and Maxes (without items – safely)
Power ---- Max
15 mil ---- 20 mil
23 mil ---- 35 mil
35 mil ---- 60 mil
50 mil ---- 80 mil
90 mil ---- 140 mil
160 mil --- 200 mil
290 mil --- 320 mil
560 mil --- 600 mil
800 mil + - same as lead ship
150 bil + - up to 1.2x your lead power
1 tril + - up to 2x your lead power
1 quad + - any power you can see

(These numbers are rough estimates of ships and the next upgrades power, not exact.. but well I hope you get the point :p)
After a long time (large power – in the trillions) the power starts going down again (because for one items get as high as 34% bonuses) also because after you max out line assembly (80%) you should start placing all CP on Attack and Hitpoints  and if you fight a lot Marines (you should also put a little on abs like 10% when you get to around 10 billion power) Attack and Hitpoints max out at 50% for Attack and 80% for Hitpoints (with these maxed your ships is stronger than its cost, and you can do up to 4 times the power of your lead ship)

*HINT* You should increase the size of your Computers and Sheilds on every upgrade at least in the start. the ship building guide is designed for teaching only, and its for a 10 mil design (it should never actually be used)

*HINT* you should start with a 1 bil which should include 2 20% Targetings and 6 32% absorbs and 45% acu on the weapon. The Targetings should stay the same for a while. acu on the weapon should go up 2-4% every upgrade until its at 55%

Absorbs should raise 2-5% (total abs) every upgrade, until you reach 73% abs.  To increase sheilds start with 6 32% sheilds, on the upgrade change it to 4 32% and 2 33% on the next once do 2 32% 2 33% and 2 34% on the next one do 2 32% 2 33% 2 34% and 2 35% (after this one you remove the smallest 2 to add to larger one’s once you have 73% asb total stop) 

*HINT* you no longer have to guess and check on Sheilds and computers the energy required for most % computers and sheilds are posted in the design section on the forum.
---------------------------------------------------------

Shortcuts!

Perfect Supply core:

Weight X 400 - 5279 = 3 credit cost every time

Special:

Energy required X .3  - 1337 = Hitpoints you need

Hull Size:

Desired cost / 165

Weapon (ONLY 50-60% acu)

Energy of the Weapon / 2
put that as attack click to design part
divide cost of the part by 10 that = actual attack of ship.
may have to adjust last digit for perfect cost

method two

it should always = 8 ! in other words place in your acu, engery, and such and add in some big number thats is around half of the hitpoints (say hitpoints is 4,443,458,117 - then you would add in 2,000,000,000 as the attack) cheak the price (make sure its 1000) then add 9 as the next number 2,900,000,000- if it gives you a random number starting with a say, 7 you make the number a 1 (it has to add up to 8) this works for all numbers, if it stays 1000 it must be a 9, if it stays 1000 for more than 2-3 digets then the first one must be an 8 (if the number was actally an 8 the one you would see on the big number would be a 0, but i 0 in front of big nasty number wont show up) - this way is pretty easy, you can get the correct digets for a weapon with 15 digets in less than a 60 seconds.

all written by Lammalord

For informations about stations and planets send a message to @HAVEMERCY@
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:44:13 AM by mikael roy » Report to moderator   Logged

Have fun everyone and good luck!

Take a look at My Guide <--- LINK

Propaganda
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 10:43:42 PM »

What the Deuce are "Targetings"?
Report to moderator   Logged
mikael roy
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:40:53 AM »

Sorry, forgot to change that, these guides are inspired from sea-o. Targeting is computers.

[Ed] I think I changed them all but if I forgot some please inform me and i'll change it
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:39:11 PM by blakranger51 » Report to moderator   Logged

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 07:39:42 PM »

Hooray for not double posting! (not).
I fixed it for you. Please don't do it again.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
mikael roy
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 07:57:02 PM »

sorry

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: