Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 30, 2024, 06:57:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Swarm Bonus Changed  (Read 13840 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 06:22:10 PM »

question:  when you said that, I was wondering how that works:

1: a 5 space ship will have equivelant of 15 space ship
a 20 space ship will have equivelant of 20 space ship

2: a 5 space ship will have equivelant of 20 space ship
a 20 space ship will have equivelant of 35 space ship

the first is just making a minimum, the second is adding the 15 space to swarm bonus formula for all ships.  I think you already answered it though.  lol, just making sure.
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 08:32:03 PM »

uh, confused here. What are you talking about ars?

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 09:17:04 PM »

oh, sorry.  I'm sure sir emi knows what I mean, basically, it's like this:

(as far as swarm bonus is concerned)

in example A: any ship with a space of less then 15 is automatically set to 15, but if the ship's total space is over 15, then it remains the same.

in example B: 15 space is added to all ships, regardless of starting space size.

in example A, a tinyman ship will receive no more swarm bonus then a 15 space ship.  and example B, it would receive more swarm bonus then, say a 20 space ship, but instead of the diference being going from 5 to 20, it would be going from 20 to 35, so a smaller difference. 

basically, example A would only affect tinyman like ships.  example B would afect all swarm ships.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 11:28:44 AM »

Good point Ars. If I am not mistaken, Example A is how Emi made it.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 02:28:38 PM »

Yea, i think example A is what he did, other wise we would be able to recreate tiny man at the 15 space margin.

Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 04:09:46 PM »

And we all know what that would mean... the Tiny Man Holocaust. 16

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 04:12:25 PM »

you cant get X 300 power with a 15 ton design so that makes it far.  and they would have nowhere the punch of the tinyman

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 04:50:06 PM »

'Twas merely a joke, Frank.  I do not know enough about the nuances of the game to say something intelligent on this subject 16

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 05:10:56 PM »

hate to say dissappoint you, but difference between the 2 between a 3 space tinyman ship is 3 space.  3 space swarmer made now would be equivealent to 18 space, so not much different from making the 15 space.  besides, do I REALLY have to draw that chart up again?  (brings out chart-saber and starts pointing)

the point was was to show the only way tinyman was powerful is because it took advantage of where it max swarm bonus would (quite litterally) shoot almost straight up compared to regular swarmers.  even at 15 space, it would no longer be possible.  but what I have found out is the new swarm bonus, coupled with the changes in attack and defense, has made all swarmers considerably less powerful, as I see it.  this was only with a 24 space swarmer though, have yet to try 1000 swarmer.

Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 01:25:25 AM »

I agree ars, ALL swarmers I tested worked nowhere near the capacity of what they once were

Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 09:37:51 PM »

Rather unfortunate, wouldn't you all say?

ronald
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 02:59:07 AM »

I wouldn't say that Charlemagne. People have been asking for a long time to give big ships the advantage and now it is that way. I think big ships rule now. For all I know, my big ships are currently kicking the asses off all swarmfleets I meet in missions. They don't stand a chance.
So now it is the way some off us wanted it to be, big ships are favoured and are thus better now.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 10:11:40 AM »

yes, since they cost more and are harder to get *is saving credits to buy really big and shiny new ship* so they deserve to have the advantage.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 11:41:44 PM »

hmmm...  I don't know, I still say (no offense sir emi, I think you did a great job yourself) that these updates were a little bit TO much.  the 15 space limit on swarm bonus could've been the other way I described (from what limited knowledge I have of this game) to just make it to where ships below 15 space will act as 15 space ships, but no difference to ships above 15 space.  maybe the change in attack was coming, but from what I have seen, the defense was at that time still not high enough to begin with.  tinyman was the exception here because it would get 100x more swarm bonus then a ship should have.  still, I don't know, it's just I feel like I'm partly to blame for this switch in what ships are good, when this was also what I was trying to avoid at same time.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2006, 01:17:01 PM »

We have to comprimise one way or the other, either worse swarmers or tiny man. I prefer worse swarmers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: