Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 09:37:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Station Attack Bug  (Read 1952 times)
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2010, 09:41:07 PM »

If you have a station in a system and you try to attack a friendly system fleet. The station will attack your own ships.

Why would your own station attack the account that build it?
Report to moderator   Logged
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 01:58:22 PM »

Because the station was programmed to defend orbiting friendly system fleets... so they do what they designed to do..... Another Hal 15
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 02:10:48 PM »

Because the station was programmed to defend orbiting friendly system fleets... so they do what they designed to do..... Another Hal 15
No that is how they are coded, not necessarily how they were meant to work. If I attack a system fleet my own stations should never attack me. If I were to attack a friendly system fleet with another players friendly station I could see it happening.

I realize this is not exactly a bug depending on how Emi wanted it to work in the first place. It may be Sir Emi wants stations to attack their owners, but it could be that its an unintended side effect of how it was coded.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: