Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 10:49:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: What Has Happened Here.......???  (Read 3602 times)
Wizard_Of_War
Private

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2010, 08:06:36 AM »

I found the following posting and I could say a bunch of stuff about it, but ill let evrybody else rant about it and let the posting speak for itself...

Here it Goes

Tell me about it. Some of these donkeys only pray on the new. I have been playing for about a month. If you combined all the times I have been attacked excluding the last two days. It doesnt equal the number of attacks in the past two days. Two days ago I let it slip that I was new. Now my fleet keeps getting wipped out. I have a friend who is thinking of joining or at least he was.

I like the idea of a newbie alliance, however I feel it doesn't work. There is no talk of joint raids or helping defend weaker players. Every once and awhile you get a player who offers a helping hand, but it is to far and few in between.

Now I know what you are thinking. Who is this guy and why has he not said anything before. It is very simple I have had nothing to say. However that does not mean that I dont read the alliance messages. Heck my chat window is even open.

Now what does this rant mean, thats right nothing. Why does it mean nothing because we do not have the knowledge of the game to defend ourself or other alliance member.

The donkey said that he wouldnt help any newbies until they learn how to build a fleet. I ask you this donkey. If nobody helps new players learn to build a fleet, how will they progress to building space stations and mines?

Now that that is done I ask again
Whats Happening Here?????????
Wizard_Of_War

Report to moderator   Logged
Cpt. Relentless
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 08:15:23 AM »

It's a disgrace, we're letting the newbies get scared away by players who can't stand up to the top end players. There are many in the top 20/30 that will help but they can't help unless people ask for it.
This donkey guy is an ass(pun intended) and one of the few who won't help.
Cpt. R  7

Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 08:50:27 AM »

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I answer about 90% of the messages sent to my inbox. I have many people who will back this up. So if anyone needs legitimate help. I'm willing to give it, or give you the means to find it. A question going "how do I become good", or "how do I start a round" will be replied with a smartass remark like build stations, or read the forums. Both of which warrant the answer to vague questions like that. But if you ask a legitimate question like "what am I able to kill with x fleet", or "should I build another station I'm at x right now". Detailed questions will give detailed answers, and vague questions with give broad answers. Simple as that.

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 02:55:52 PM »

I agree with Borg that sometimes, specific questions need to be asked. To just ask how can I get into top 10 etc is like saying how can I be rich in real life, it isn't that simple. (please mail me the answer to that one if it is that easy!!! 1 )
New players need to be directed as soon as possible to the forums so that they can get the basics of how to play... it's all there if they have the patience (which unfortunately many don't)
  I don't know if any experienced players are in the official training alliance to try and direct new starters in the right direction, might be an idea for a few to create new alts to keep an eye out in there if there isn't anyone already doing so. I would myself but I'm struggling to get time to play currently... haven't even started this round really yet!
Cpt. Relentless
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 09:50:09 PM »

Yes Borg, lke I said there are many who willanswer questions when asked, you, saturn and highland, and of course steve, have helped me the most
   And Sat - I did have analt in there happy but it's not in there anymore. Also the answer to getting rich in real life - possess sir aan sugar/bill gates/richard branson (etc.) and make them put yo in thir will then make them die a not-so uspicious death 1

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 12:21:10 AM »

What would be helpful is a new guide to starting SpaceO that covers all the basic things you need to know.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 01:31:07 AM »

you should shoot them with big guns

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 05:45:01 AM »

i agree learn by mistakes 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
clouthour
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 09:44:52 AM »

Poetry is the impish attempt to paint the color of the wind.
colour printing australia | fridge magnets australia

BAN!!!
*but well played in the random section 13  sly*

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: