Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 01:28:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Space Odyssey History and Encyclopedia  (Read 10889 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2006, 06:13:15 AM »

We need to create a history of the events that lead to the main Space Odyssey story.
The history will be entered in the game, as a new link, probably under the forum and guide, to describe the story.
Special missions and story events will point out to special events in the history and encyclopedia
Completing the events will advance the progress of the main story, taking it to the next step, wheter it is the doom day or our salvation
Basically, the fate of the Galaxy will depend on the actions of the commanders, and everything should be tied up with the events in the history. History will point out different paths the destiny of the Galaxy can have, and it all depends on us to save or lose our Galaxy...

It should be structured by chapters, starting with:
- Chapter I - Earth: The fate of Earth, how it came to be that it was destroyed, how the Emperor died, and the events that lead to it, maybe there was a huge conspiracy lead in secret by the aliens, how the Stellar Convertor was a technology aimed at creating new stars, by aiming the energy at nebula clouds and extinguished stars, but the technology was stolen and developed into a weapon, and the previous research was lost or hidden.

- Chapter II - yet to be written

- Chapter X - The Aliens : The Alien invasion, their galaxy has no more resources, and they decide our Galaxy could be their home... Should we stand still while they assimilate? Could it be all of this started from them, when they helped the Emperor's brother, who wanted all the power for himself, develop the Stellar Convertor? Could it be that this is the weapon they used in their galaxy to destroy it, and now they gave it to us to destroy ourselfs, so they can come and collect the pieces?

- Chapter XI - yet to be seen

Will we manage to save us from ourselfs, and if we do, will we manage to save us from the Aliens? That remains to be seen...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 06:23:51 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 06:30:46 AM »

excelent , but how about making the wars in the game in the history to ? great wars from high members , alliances should be put there to , they deserved to be in the history of spaceo.

e.g. : G_Unit being the most agresive alliance in the univers. 2 rounds after they change theyr ways and start being unagresive. War between spaceballs starts from unknown reasons , g_unit members say because of popi(#ID) attacked unporvoked , spaceballs memebrs say because of Ducas(#ID) scouting Ronadl(#ID) and Ricu(#ID), there should even be a place to put warner and doom , the most hated players in the game 1

the story should be interacted with the going of the game.and i think ars of luffy should be the writers as they are talented at such things. but  not to write the story in theyr favor and also peopole can coment to the sotry and if needed to be changed.

overall an excelent even briliant ideea.
Report to moderator   Logged

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 05:30:36 PM »

Excellent, I'm expecting Chapthers of the history from good writers to build the events, feel free to post it here or send private messages

We should also include how many times the Galaxy was scattered and destroyed, but managed to survive somehow, then again and again, each round with its own special events and legendary commanders, some of them still coming back to this day...

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 09:18:58 PM »

well, how we survive is easy, the technology developed in the DDay device uses the fabric of space-time to slow down all motherships, leaving them open for one major war.  but due to the technology involved, after 24 hours the space-time is so totally messed up that it ends up thrusting everyone back in time, leaving only the memories of past events.

or any other number of possible reasons 1

but yeah, all in all, a brilliant idea, to incorporate actual game events into the history of SO as a whole. 
I like it 1

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 12:03:38 AM »

oh oh how people would of never known that the quiet noob Lammalord that started cluless in the middle of last round would become one of the most strongest terrorist of the game...  wow

hay i was and i still can be there are nameless allainces that i attacked constantly just becuse they had one player on the DDay list or just beacuse they were new NOONE stood unchalanged... HAHA!

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 02:05:06 AM »

I can write the history for you, if you wish. Though that;ll be after I finish my next story, I can't leave my fans hanging like that, lol.

But it would be my honor, and everyone and anyone could suggest things to be included. Just give me any information you want included (such as the date earth is destroyed, or what not) and I'll go all creative on it, and "hopefully" do a bang up job on it.

I'll probably start on it monday or tuesday. So go ahead and start sending me suggestions people. Oh, and Sir Emi, some sort of outline for what you want each chapter to be about would be nice.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 05:23:45 AM »

Why dont we get a few Ideas together with more than just luffy perspective

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 05:09:08 PM »

That's why I'm asking for suggestions Frank. I want the people of SO to be involved.

einstein
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 11:02:48 AM »

what about stories to the newbies?
about the great rounds that has dissapeared into the clouds of the past?
about the great wars that was going on in the past eras?

Northwind Highlanders! Charge!
Victory or Death, every other option is useless
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 01:46:29 PM »

That's what this is, like a History book of SO. it's taking a lot of work though, but Frank, ars, and I are working together (or were last time I talked to them both) on it, and should be ready to plow ahead soon.

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »

Is this open to "noob" help? i may not know what happened in the past, but i wright pretty well (forum posts don't count).

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 04:36:27 PM »

make sure and read what has been written before in this section, and go from there.  We do have some established themes to work with. but remember to use creative lincen when needed, just dont stray too far from the basic theme

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 09:26:11 PM »

any one mind if i take a stab at chapter 1...

also bout how long should these chapters be?

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 01:32:31 AM »

however long you think they should be, dont drag your writing out, it jsut bores peopel. trust me..you should see some of the stories my freinds wite  yawn

As long as two people live on this earth, there will be war.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 11:47:18 AM »

wite? what so now are u racist jkjkjk but on a serious note ok, understood. don't make in insanely long. so... no one has any problems with me starting it?

-Silence444-
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: