Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 18, 2024, 12:02:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Random advice from experienced players  (Read 4472 times)
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2010, 01:29:15 AM »

The purpose of this thread is for anyone to post real random advice for new players. This can be anything from advice on how to play the game, advance strategies or advice to making friends or enemies etc etc.

Just post your advice and I try and put them all on one page.

-- --

You can control what aliens appear in the incursion. This can be difficult if you are competing with another player for the same aliens. However, if you can work together you can get the aliens that you want. Since I'm lazy I'm just going to explain the important points and let you work out the rest.

1. when the aliens first appear, destroy the ones that you don't want to appear.

2. The spawning of aliens in the incursion is half random and is dependent on what aliens you have and how many players there are in your power level.

3. If at all possible, kill all the aliens when the alien Queen appear.

4. The more people you have at your power level, the more will spawn. However, if you do your calculation right you will find that there is a specific limit after which no more is spawn.

Stations should be your priority when you first start a new round. Every attack, every mission and every movement and every turn should be devoted into Station research. Don't be afraid of using 500 turns for Station research. Don't be afraid to just wait for turns at the start of the round.
Report to moderator   Logged
Invictus_66
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 07:46:02 PM »

Good thread as any to ask I guess.

Brand new to the game.  Ive spent points building up my mothership.
I have about 3400 segments on the ship.

Is that a decent size for a newb to start getting fleets ect?
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 09:15:25 PM »

don't worry about segs right now.. worry about credits and not losing ships.. first thing you want to try for is a station

Invictus_66
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 12:33:56 PM »

Thanks for the input.  I read nebulas help you from getting hitting while logged sadly i couldnt find one and got hit twice last night.
Move to a new system and found someone who I think quit the game.

Working on understanding designing ships. read the guide but still need more work...
Rvalldrgg
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 02:54:13 PM »

Hihi, new to the forums, about 2 years playing PvE and Elite (not so much).

I'd say custom-made ships are always better than trainee ships/battleships. You'll need the custom made ships to progress in the game.

I've only now noticed this thread was made in 2010 and the last post on Nov 7, 2011, but I still have stuff to say.

Save up segments (or sell from farms when u get there) for a planet.
Use CP only on making your planet better and Line Assembly, which allows you to resupply ships for less. (50% LA = 50% reduction in cost. 100 costs 50, 15T costs 7.5T)
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: