Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 19, 2024, 01:43:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion for council members  (Read 8852 times)
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« on: March 16, 2006, 07:56:22 AM »

I think the council members should get somethign extra, like higher secret base interest, attacks do less damage, just something since they are practically running the galaxy and have to do more then the average commander. You don't see the US President without a big fat salary and body guards, now do you?
Report to moderator   Logged

ronald
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 08:57:53 AM »

Council members are most likely allready very good players, so they don't need anything extra to win.

BOS
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 09:12:17 AM »

Ya but we should compensate their work, we should try to give them something they are the ones that hold the odyssey safe right? ;)

Beter alive then dead ;)

ronald
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 09:25:30 AM »

I think getting so much more power just because they have been elected is allready enough. It's a privilege to be able to be in the council, not a punishment, so there are no compensations needed. Maybe we need a poll about this too.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »

They aren't getting any extra power for their account. They make all these big decisions, and get nothing for it. That's like being the president of the US or the CE of a major company and getting nothing for it. It's not fair to them.

Admin
Admin
Administrator
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 11:20:47 AM »

already the fact that you will be more powerfull because you will have the privilege to make some decisions in the game makes people greedy , whanting more power and having a "background" to cover it, i dont think the council should be made by greedy persons. All the bonuses should remain the same as before. As being in the council the 20 members should be an example for the players , how to achieve power by playing hard . The next thing you would whant to get 0.1 interest from everyones secret base and stash it in the councils. Sounds already like a countrys parlamane i know and hate . I think Emi to ...  16

Admin (#7623)

Leader of the "System Lords" Alliance.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 12:33:47 PM »

Ow, council will ask tax to all players and then pay's then council members 1

Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 03:34:01 PM »

Yeah, good point Admin...

Maybe the council members could get some other type of privilege rather than monetary compensation?  I've no idea what it could be, but if you guys have any suggestions, it would help get things going in some sort of direction. ;D

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 05:37:42 PM »

I suggested it in another forum, but what about giving them an extra level to their commander for making decisions that help the future of SO?

Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 05:40:26 PM »

That sounds like a good idea to me.

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 05:54:13 PM »

how about extra max turns, so if they end up missing a whole day to play because they are busy reading everything, they didn't waste turns?  of course, 2-4 days worth is still pretty good.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 08:01:27 PM »

Nah, extra max turns aren't really helpful, cause they won't miss a day from just reading. i think a commander level would be good.

Drackin
Corporal

the world is like a marble, roll with it

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 04:14:17 AM »

no you guys have it all wrong.. the reason most of theese people are going to get on the council is because of thier outstanding game play.. they should get nothing more than the right to help emi make in game decisions.. just my opinion of course but i just think that it would make people greedy to get on the council and if greed is your reason then you shouldnt be allowed to join

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 04:17:03 AM »

which is why we SHOULD have some reward, it'll make it obvious who is greedy and who isn't. But it is only a suggestion, I just felt they deserved something. And 1 commander level for every decision that helps SO isn't a great bonus, so I doubt they'd be desperate to join because of that. They won't be making those big decisions every single day, and if they do, maybe we can just give them the max exp then for each good decision.

Lunanova
Private

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 04:27:08 AM »

i disagree as well, council members should want to help the game for its own reasons, not help the game to benefit themselves from it in some way
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: