Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 09, 2024, 08:45:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: abusee  (Read 28093 times)
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 04:27:47 PM »

people always get away with cheating, cheating is never dealt with unless emi doesn't like them or unless its 1 person being complained about by 5000 different people like mikael roy and he wasn't even dealt with right... emi made his own rules and tos to this game and does nothing to enforce it especially if you donate...
Report to moderator   Logged

Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2010, 04:30:20 PM »

check it all out... i havent did anything against the rules... the logs are there to look at.. i've never raided kyles account for credits or workers, i took a planet from kyle after he took it from one of you guys which is exactly the same thing a few of your alliance members have done for you

The only abuse I am seeing is this.
By yours and Kyle's own admittance you are in control of Kyle's account.
That is clearly against the rules as you are helping your own account with another you have control over.
Of course this isn't the first time you have done this as on Wars, before the reset, you and your alt giantterd were trading planets a few times.
So either shut up about nothing getting done about the rules or start playing by them yourself.

i think you shouldnt bring personal feelings into this...

but emi..honestly, nobody'll stop bitching unless you do something..

What personal feelings?
The only cheating I am seeing here is as stated above.
I reserve personal feelings for private conversations.
You should have picked up on that by now.

As for me being an idiot and shutting up, I think not Cam.

For what it is worth I agree on the Covert Ops.
It seemed like a good idea when it was introduced, but now it doesn't seem to add to the game in any meaningful way.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2010, 04:53:11 PM »

jesus..he's bitching for a f**k**g good reason..j gtfo..your posts dont even try to add to topics..
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 04:57:32 PM »

Jon has a point though... He's perfectly fine with everyone raiding each other, but when he loses the 11q ship suddenly he cares and wants a redo (reset)

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 04:58:01 PM »

im not taking sides. im just agreeing the covert ops sucks
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 06:28:32 PM »

its never okay to raid people like that, and yeah im going to start bitching when the two people right in front of me in ranks get free raids that put them that much farther ahead of me,

oh and jbomb one more ignorant off topic post and i'll ban you myself.. keep it related and to where people can understand what you are saying or just don't post on here

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 10:05:51 PM »

Emi made up the bullshit reason if your already in the top 10 you can raid all you want because akran donates and he's not going to get onto people who donate...

Actually, this was LAST round when I complained to Emi about all the raiding that both you AND I partook of, in which he clarified this ruling for me.
You are correct that the TOS, and the entire game is up to Emi's interpretation. The beauty in being the creator.

As for where would I be without "arkans nuts"... well, he's not my father, so I would be in exactly the same place as I am now I believe.
In case you did not notice, Arkan and I were increasing at the same rate of speed at the beginning of this round, then we decided on a tactical measure which had me best using my turns for scanning ability. Now, to sincerely answer your question as to where I would be without him - I would be a LOT higher powered than I am now. I fully believe that he, chicken, and bells blue can attest to that fact.
However that is neither here nor there, as this is the tactical path I chose to take.

As for covert ops. I LIKE THEM.
Here is why - in the past we have had many problems with people much higher powered than others using tinies. Well Covert Ops adds a new, interesting element of strategy to the game whereby these lower guys can now injure you if you're not careful. Now, instead of CARELESSLY attacking other players, you have to pick your targets strategically. You have to determine what is the best course of action in attacking, then what is your best course of action in defending that counter YOU supplied.
There are plenty of new strategies to use with this new system that would limit your loss on the counters. I wont explain them in detail but give hints.
1. Splitting cash
2. Tinies
3. Pships
... This is only a FEW of them. If you payed more attention to the updates Emi installs, perhaps you would have known how to protect your 11Q ship in reserve.
But again, you don't for any number of reasons.
I have attacked, and tinied numerous players this round without getting ANY major set-backs via covert op counters. For those of you who are totally against the system, perhaps you should LEARN to use it to your benefit.
But WAIT. Lets take a look at WHO exactly is against it...
1. Grondavor - totally inactive.
2. Truth of mind - another relatively inactive player.
3. Cameron - omg, guess what?! ANOTHER relatively inactive player.

So, until you guys invest the time into this game to actually warrant yourselves a valid opinion. STFU.

Back to the TOPIC AT HAND.
To answer your question about attacking with the 2 accounts within a 24 hour period. I believe the answer is NO. No you have not attacked me with both within 24 hours. However that is NOT the point, Cameron. The point is exactly what you JUST stated, "if you hit me, i would hit you with kyles accounts and not use my counters".

(To clarify exactly what happened here: I tinied the Cameron0788 account. I never attacked Kyle. Cameron then chose to use Kyle's account to Tiny me because his account did not have enough power to hurt my account.)

See, that my friend, in my humble opinion, is breaking THIS section of Space Odyssey's TOS,
"Limitations"
-" You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account." ---> You said yourself you countered me using Kyle's account, instead of YOURS. That is because you could not do significant damage to me with your own account.

-"You may _not_ finance a lower power account with a higher power one in order to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources" ---> While you claim you did not finance your own account, the principle here remains the same, you used Kyle's "higher account resources" to do damage to "lower people".

-"You do _not_ use your multiple accounts to attack one single target. Your accounts may _not_ help each other in any way." ---> While you did not attack me with both accounts within 24 hours, you said yourself that you used Kyle's account to counter, and you forwent your own accounts counter attack.

-"The multiple accounts should not be used in any way in that would have any connection with another account of the same person. This includes taking advantage of the superior power of a higher account to help or facilitate an action of a lower account or otherwise." ---> Need I go on? You admitted to breaking this section of the TOS earlier in this forum Topic, when you admitted foregoing your counter in order to counter me with Kyle's account.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:54:46 PM by mannaman15 » Report to moderator   Logged

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Jonathan16
Corporal

hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 10:38:25 PM »

its never okay to raid people like that, and yeah im going to start bitching when the two people right in front of me in ranks get free raids that put them that much farther ahead of me,

oh and jbomb one more ignorant off topic post and i'll ban you myself.. keep it related and to where people can understand what you are saying or just don't post on here

your cant read can you

borg could understand what i was on about
and
dont del me post! you a rubbis admin how did you become admin???

DJJBOMB (#11554)
clouthour
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2010, 11:07:07 AM »

See, that my friend, in my humble opinion, is breaking THIS section of Space Odyssey's TOS,
"Limitations"
-" You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account." ---> You said yourself you countered me using Kyle's account, instead of YOURS. That is because you could not do significant damage to me with your own account.

-"You may _not_ finance a lower power account with a higher power one in order to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources" ---> While you claim you did not finance your own account, the principle here remains the same, you used Kyle's "higher account resources" to do damage to "lower people".

-"You do _not_ use your multiple accounts to attack one single target. Your accounts may _not_ help each other in any way." ---> While you did not attack me with both accounts within 24 hours, you said yourself that you used Kyle's account to counter, and you forwent your own accounts counter attack.

-"The multiple accounts should not be used in any way in that would have any connection with another account of the same person. This includes taking advantage of the superior power of a higher account to help or facilitate an action of a lower account or otherwise." ---> Need I go on? You admitted to breaking this section of the TOS earlier in this forum Topic, when you admitted foregoing your counter in order to counter me with Kyle's account.

as far as i can see there has been no breaking of the TOS. yes using one account for the benifit for tha other is against the TOS but (as Emi has said before) sharing locations is not a direct violation of the rules. if it was then all aliances are useless. and pls dont say that because he had control of both accounts, it was easier for him cause making ur life easier is not a crime.

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2010, 05:38:09 PM »

Clouth... I dont know why you always comment on my postings. You have an obvious lack of understanding when it comes to my posts, so please do not reply anymore.
You completely and utterly missed the entire point of my post. I dont know whose post you read, but it obviously was not mine.
Locations? wtf are you talking about kid?
Locations has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything in this thread.

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2010, 10:34:25 PM »

ok, the way i see it, NOBODY IN THE TOP 10 SHOULD BE ABLE TO RECEIVE FREE RAIDS FROM ANYONE!!!  The way I see it, giving somebody a raid to KEEP their top 10 spot is the same as giving them a raid INTO the top 10, and that should not be allowed. If you are int eh top ten you should be good enough to get money and woorkers for yourself and shouldnt rely on your alliance mates to help you along...

As for the covert ops, i see now wes's point.  There are a lot of good things covert ops adds tot he game, and if you get a big ship in reserve blown up, its your fault for giving them the counter.  I am taking my vote for getting rid of covert ops away.  :p

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2010, 10:36:52 PM »

So much has happened in this round, I can't believe I decided to stay out of it  1

From reading the entire thread as well as talking to several people involved, it seems there are three issues that are causing problems. I have unblocked this thread because I strongly believe we need more discussion on this.

1.  I understand that sir emi is the big boss in this game and he can change the rules any time he wants. However, there are two rules that he had not included in the term of service. The first is the ability to control two accounts as long as you are using them separately. The problem with this rule is that it is very easy to abuse and can cause much confusion. For example, Cameron controlled Kyle's account and used the account to attack Wesley. This is done sometime after Wesley attacked Cameron. One could argue that this was valid, if Kyle was playing he would have attacked Wesley anyway. However, one can also argue that Cameron knew what kind of ships Wesley was running and therefore gave him an advantage. The best thing to do is to just remove this rule. It causes too much confusion. The second rule is that you can raid people as long as they are already in the top 10. The main problem with this is that it is often difficult for the average player to know if someone is in the top 10. I can very easily hide my wealth so I am no longer in the top 10. Maybe I decided to sell or reserve my ships for Couple days and now I am in the top 20 instead of the top 10. If we are to keep this rule we would need some more rules to unequivocally confirm the players are indeed in the top 10. I can easily just use power ships to power me into the top 10 for a few days and give the impression that I was in the top 10.

I believe these two rules are causing a lot of confusion and can easily be abused. So we either have to change it, remove it or create new rules to make sure they can not be abused.

2.  I think Cameron's ban is justified and maybe even the removal of his admin rights. I can't read sir emi mind but I would hope that he gave Cameron some warning first and maybe even get him a temporary ban before he gave him a 30 day ban and removal of his admin rights. We all must remember that Cameron, like many others, have played this game for a long time and has seen things in this game that is very inefficient and very unfair. I truly believe that his anger comes from his passion and trying to make the game fair.

3.  This is a tough world. Although I believe that we should all be respectful with each other, I also believe that we need to have a tough skin. We cannot get offended with every single comment or insult directed to us. We cannot always report this sort of stuff all the time. I believe that if it occurs repeatedly then the moderators should  do something about it. However, we all need to be a bit stronger in terms of taking offence to certain things.

There you go  1

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2010, 10:54:47 PM »

So much has happened in this round, I can't believe I decided to stay out of it  1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One could argue that this was valid, if Kyle was playing he would have attacked Wesley anyway.

I can't believe you sat this one out either! I'm disappointed! ; )

The problem is that I knew Kyle was NOT playing... Otherwise I would have properly defended myself because as you said - I would have known he would attack me as well.

Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2010, 11:10:33 PM »

I agree with Tony that nobody should be allowed to have more than one account.  It causes a lot of confusion as to whether cretain things are breaking alt rules, and gets a lot of people very angry.  Also, this rule would get rid of people having multiple accounts int he top 10(which I tihnk is very unfair).

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2010, 06:43:31 AM »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One could argue that this was valid, if Kyle was playing he would have attacked Wesley anyway.

I can't believe you sat this one out either! I'm disappointed! ; )

The problem is that I knew Kyle was NOT playing... Otherwise I would have properly defended myself because as you said - I would have known he would attack me as well.

also if Kyle was playing. He'd be much too high up to even hit anyone.

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: