Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 08:36:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sea-O Server problems  (Read 3980 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 13, 2010, 07:51:52 AM »

emi, I know you don't check the mails on sea-o that often... (but i have seen an increase in activity in the game lately, which is nice...)

but I have reason to believe you may have some kind of virus on the server...  my computer got sent to blue screen (then had to do 3 resets before becoming usable again) while playing your game... I do have other tabs open, but all of them are to fairly major sites (and were not active at the time) I'm pretty sure don't have viruses (ie Google, Weather.com, hotmail....)  my computer was attacked while refreshing windows on your site.

I thought at first this was just some computer error or something else happened, but when i mentioned it on the chat one of the players noted that his computer crashed twice last week while playing sea-o.  It may be nothing.... but it never hurts checking it out... if it helps (on where to look) my comp froze/crashed the first time after sending a message and glancing at the rankings....  it froze for about 30 seconds on the mail box (after i sent) unfroze, I clicked on rankings and... blue screen.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 09:37:50 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 09:36:07 AM »

I've checked and there is nothing on our end, try to clear the browser cache.
Make sure your browser is updated to the latest version.

Check your computer for adware. Some adware will search pages you browse for keywords to replace into links. This may cause the computer to crash as the browser freezes due to the workload. Some adware can completely replace web pages with the content it wants.

This program is free to use it should tell you if you have anything on your computer:
http://www.lavasoft.com/

If you get blue screens, it may also be a hardware error, usually faulty memory or maybe windows registry problems. Could try a registry scanner to fix the registry.

Report to moderator   Logged

Arkan
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 11:41:34 AM »

Lamma, which browser are you using? If it is firefox then try looking under your addons and disabling Microsoft Live Sign In Assistant. It was causing crashes on my pc a few months ago. Also try looking up Malwarebytes . It works similiar to the software Emi linked to, but is able to remove a few things that adaware can detect but not remove.
Jonathan16
Corporal

hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 01:19:01 PM »

because i use mcafee is that fine to use or should i use anythink eles?

DJJBOMB (#11554)
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 01:40:39 PM »

because i use mcafee is that fine to use or should i use anythink eles?
I would get a dedicated spyware/adware scanner if I was using Mcafee free version or even if I was using the full version. The one Sir Emi linked I can recommend I used it a umber of years back and it found things my normal AV missed.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »

oh, i have a dedicated anti virus.. but it wasn't a normal hit.. usually when something does it by its ads, or slowing down my computer.... not an instant blue screen crash.

i'll see if it happens again and try to read the report better... you never know, someone noted their comp crashed 2x last week while playing sea-o...

Jonathan16
Corporal

hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 04:07:28 PM »

i gettting crash on main aswell but no blue thing. the way i undo it, i use back space about 2 time then redo what i was doing and it works 9/10, or i just re log but is a pain because when i am doing Unknown Alien i have to wast 5 turns dont sound a lot but when i have it most times it mout up.

i give http://www.lavasoft.com/
a try it to see if my system works better

cheers for the site
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 04:09:19 PM by Jonathan16 » Report to moderator   Logged

DJJBOMB (#11554)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 06:11:02 AM »

its hard to hit backspace and re-do anything when your computer goes into the deadly blue screen.

Arkan
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 10:56:16 AM »

What sort of blue screen error is it giving you? "memory could not be read" "access violation" etc? If you can write down the error's stop code you can google it to find out its meaning.
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 09:24:16 AM »

it could be someone being retarded with ship names making a blue screen

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 03:17:43 PM »

Yep I recall someone who will remain nameless putting image links in to the ship name bugging it out. I think it had to do with the fact that it was a non existent image. I do not remember the specifics.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: