Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 04:33:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sue you!  (Read 4658 times)
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2010, 04:20:05 PM »

Implement a way to sue other players.
Report to moderator   Logged
Fester
Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 05:12:34 PM »

What would be the grounds for bringing a suit forward and to be judged by whom?
clouthour
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 05:25:08 PM »

on wars i nominate myself. i guarantee a 100% conviction rate 13 ;) (except if its against me ofcourse)

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 06:02:00 PM »

Lol this started as a joke for WSC...but why not have like a sueing system for if your planet gets attacked, etc. The request is mailed to random people (top 60?) About 10 of them and they decide if its worth saying yes to.
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 06:08:43 PM »

yeah, another could-be-cool idea that will never be implemented by  SirTooBusyForSpaceO

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 06:10:01 PM »

yeah, another could-be-cool idea that will never be implemented by  SirTooBusyForSpaceO

Wait..you agree its worth thinking of and looking into?  wow
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 06:16:10 PM »

once again you got to remember the abuse factor - aka a strong guy could attack a smaller guy (intend not to kill their planet) then get sued and the small guy could get transferred wealth if enough of the people who get to vote are in on it..  this is most likely when a single allaince or a pair of allied alliances dominate a round - as it seems to happen quite often.

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 06:17:43 PM »

once again you got to remember the abuse factor - aka a strong guy could attack a smaller guy (intend not to kill their planet) then get sued and the small guy could get transferred wealth if enough of the people who get to vote are in on it..  this is most likely when a single allaince or a pair of allied alliances dominate a round - as it seems to happen quite often.

Yay! on top of the topics today, I am.

Make it so 1) the voters can't be in the alliance of the requester. 2) The requester gets between 25-50% of what was taken. 3) The voters are deemed worthy by others.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 06:24:22 PM »

Yay! on top of the topics today, I am.

Make it so 1) the voters can't be in the alliance of the requester. 2) The requester gets between 25-50% of what was taken. 3) The voters are deemed worthy by others.

Approved :p  what about participation?  I know at times not many people play a round, and if half of them are in the same allaince and the other half isn't very active suits could take a long time...  or never get checked by the players who get them... and for all i know the big guy could just say "screw you, I won't pay"  and kill everyone that votes to pay up (or just kill the guy he attacked again for getting a suit :p)  hell, I wouldn't pay a suit haha.

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 01:50:31 AM »

Here's the thing...
ITS NOT EVEN WORTH DISCUSSING!
The ONLY way this would be worthy of thought and considerations is if Emi got on and said "figure out how you want it to work and ill make, and implement it in the next 2 weeks!"... but even then I would be HIGHLY skeptical it would actually be done.

I don't mean to bash Emi; I like the guy. I just don't think that he does a good job of keeping all of us (the ones who are paying part -if not all- of his bills) in the loop of whats going on... I mean seriously - when was his last post in here?

It appears to me he is apathetic... or busy... but with WHAT?! He never tells anyone, so we just think he is lazy...

Sorry... got carried away.
Moot topic unfortunitely  wounded1  yawn  2

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 06:08:33 AM »

can i sue emi?

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 10:14:49 AM »

Iv been wondering the same... hell with all the money iv given to him, I could get a hella nice lawyer!

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 02:32:54 PM »

Meh..not my fault emi's being a douche with suggestions...
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 10:21:52 PM »

ill be your lawyer 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve