Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 07:49:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Functional Alliances  (Read 8094 times)
Nephadral
Lance Corporal

Main: Nephadral(#8913) WARS: Nephadral(#1341)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 08:06:58 AM »

thats right!

i forgot about the joining fees suggested (and it was post just above mine!)

i do think that is also a good idea, i think that could work quite well

i think i can also agree with spayed on his support of the variety of suggestions here

thanks everyone for your comments, i think we are on the right path here
Report to moderator   Logged

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 08:42:23 AM »

not sure im exactly keen on the idea of not being able to come and go. but the joining fee could replace that.

some great ideas so far.

i was thinking that maybe the alliance could gain command points by lvling up a commander similar to ours.. gaining experience from battles that the members do. similarly with resources and alliance bank..

now Mr Emi 13 come give us some feedback 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 08:44:54 AM »

yeah i agree that you cant force someone to sat in an alliance if they are not happy there anymore
Fester
Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 11:11:02 AM »

I think that players having to commit resources (CP, Credits whatever) to join an alliance will mean peeps will take the effort to find out what the alliance is about before signing up. If they are not happy there then the can leave but either the joining fee would not be refunded or there is a further cost to getting out early.

Basically we are all mercenary about it, we sign up for an alliance and will get benefits from it, if we break the contract early there could be further costs.

Just thought of something else:

Should alliances build structures like planets and stations rather than individual commanders, that would make wars between alliances a tad more exciting.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:20:50 AM by Fester » Report to moderator   Logged
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 09:25:56 PM »

I definately dont think a person should be stuck in an alliance..  that is just a bad idea overall.  I do, however like the idea of the joining cost, and possibly the cost for leaving, although simply having to pay the joining fee tog get into a different alliance after leaving the current one is really the same thing.

As for the alliances building structures, i do not like that idea at all.... It would be so easy for an alliance to have complete dominance that way.

I like the alliance gaining xp idera, maybe something where a fraction of the xp you earn by doing things goes towards the alliance xp.

Good thoughts here!  keep it up!

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 04:27:08 AM »

i dont know about alliance building structures instead of players. it would mean that its almost impossible for one person to beat other in his alliance.. if both could build structures it would be more interesting. that way the alliance that works together the best would do the best.

i think that the costs for alliance bonuses should depend on the amount of members in an alliance. with a minimum of two. that way you are not disadvantaged by having a smaller alliance.

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 08:45:04 AM »

Ya i like that idea.

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 07:50:35 PM »

i think that the costs for alliance bonuses should depend on the amount of members in an alliance. with a minimum of two. that way you are not disadvantaged by having a smaller alliance.

This is kinda neat. So if you had players in your alliance as "dead-weight" you would have to pick up the slack... sounds like a challenge 13

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 09:19:08 PM »

Thats why you kick "deadweight" players out of the alliance.  This update will make alliances much more usefull, and provide some competition between alliances. 

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Fester
Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 09:50:28 AM »

Not wanting to bring a dead topic back to life (I know it was Easter recently) but just bumping this in the hope that Emi will notice and comment.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: