Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 12:33:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Lower Cash Rewards, Reward top 50  (Read 21463 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 02:26:15 AM »

oh, I always have a way with bringing the best out of people :p

Maybe it wasn't my skill that was remembered as much as it was my ability to enrage people to fight :p

but this post isn't about skill - It's about removing the donation so we can go back to the times when people played for rank and loyalty, not the money.  Quite frankly the same thing happens every round.. someone gets strong - no one wants to fight that someone, everyone joins the same alliance and they sim till victory.  Of course a round lasts only two months now, cause there is not even fighting between the top ten to greatly slow the rate of growth.
Report to moderator   Logged

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 04:05:53 AM »

and we broke that alliance up this round to try and have more fun and competition. out alliance was the best because we worked as a team. but without anyone to go against us it was getting boring. we have split up this round and hopefully it will be more interesting

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Nephadral
Lance Corporal

Main: Nephadral(#8913) WARS: Nephadral(#1341)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »

heh i have already proved myself lamma 13 and think back. even in those rounds before i started making top 10 i was always up there and i quit half way thru the game.. and it did take a while for me to learn.. the people that play the game with me now they know how i play.. hell i taught them a few things.. wes considering the strategy you are using this round is exactly what i told you to do. and i taught you plenty you are going to go here and say you dont respect me? guess the help stops there ay..

and wolfy does make a good point 13, ill go back to destroying everyone.. just like i have been doing the past many rounds... i wish you all luck 13 u will need it

LOL, i remember you quitting halfway though the rounds (I was in your alliance), you never wanted to marine.  I quit main for awhile and when I came back it had all changed.  I think you have done a great job in perfecting a strategy for main now, cheers for sticking it out finally.

Anyway, onto the topic.  I would be in favor of lowering the rewards.  Not because I don't think people deserve rewards for their excellence, but because it would help make everyone have to compete that much more from one round to another.

As has been suggested in other threads, I like the idea of some sort of in-game recognition for having placed TOP 10.  I think top ten should be more about bragging rights than money.

davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 09:50:19 AM »

yeah i can see that lower rewards could help actually people who cant get gold could really benefit from this and would attract new players cut the top rewards in half and split between the top 20
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 08:15:42 PM »

how about just make it so that we cant get affiliate for the first week or so? that would stop the winners gaining a massive advantage at the start

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Nephadral
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 08:03:20 AM »

that is a viable option too

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 03:19:27 PM »

how about just make it so that we cant get affiliate for the first week or so? that would stop the winners gaining a massive advantage at the start

then you'd just wait for the 2nd week :p

you gotta give it enough time for people to naturally be able to get space stations... How long does it take to get a space station/planets without donating?  2-3 weeks?  I know back in the day it took 4-5 days+ (up to a week) for the first person to get a 1 bil ship for encounters. and it took even longer to get the CP to be able to build the stations/planets.

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 03:29:42 PM »

then you'd just wait for the 2nd week :p

you gotta give it enough time for people to naturally be able to get space stations... How long does it take to get a space station/planets without donating?  2-3 weeks?  I know back in the day it took 4-5 days+ (up to a week) for the first person to get a 1 bil ship for encounters. and it took even longer to get the CP to be able to build the stations/planets.
I can get a station up in under a week I think I did it in 3 or 4 days one round. After that getting up the rest is easy you just need CPs and turns
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 03:40:05 PM »

With a little luck you can have one up the 3rd day without donating.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 04:28:24 AM »

3rd day without donating easy.. only thing that may stop me would be cp..

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 07:55:43 AM »

No affilate in the first week sounds good, without donating you could have 2-3 stations at that time

Nephadral
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 08:47:50 AM »

one week is good, two weeks is better, any more than that and its overkill, i vote for 2 weeks

davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 12:43:57 PM »

well if thats the case then its not fair that people can donate either for first week myself included if your going to say that
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 07:46:02 PM »

^^^ agreed.  If we couldnt use affiliate I would just use my money to donate.
However I doubt Emi would take that ability away as he makes quite a bit of money in the first week from donations. And I know that if I got several stations without donating... it would be that much less I would donate. (if that makes sense)

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 09:17:17 PM »

He won't do anything. He has made it clear to me that donations are important for the maintenance of the servers.

I suggested two rounds ago to a personal e-mail to him that a compromise could be to  limit  the amount of donations/affiliates that can be used per day. For example, maybe you can only use $10 of donations or affiliates every second or third day. In this way people can still donate and he can still get his "server maintenance" but no one can just put down a massive $10,000 :-)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: