Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 18, 2024, 07:06:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: NOOB help  (Read 2944 times)
Travesty
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2010, 02:37:58 PM »

Hey,  Sorry for the new thread but ive been sifting thru the forums and cant really find what im looking for.  Ive been playing for a week and im still unsure as to really what strategy i should be using.  Im on the PVE server and im looking for advise as to how i should be setting myself up for self contained income and what style of ship i should be designing for missions.  Right now ive been using a mixed group of ships but i find its not really profitable since i spend most of the money i produce on resupplying my fleets after every mission.  Should i be concentrating on larger more expensive ships ( i consider 50mill expensive) or cheaper 500k or less ships?  Ive been making use of the online ship designers ive found but i find it hard to keep up with the costs.
Report to moderator   Logged
clouthour
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 03:00:12 PM »

for pve deffinetly superships (big ones)

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 02:00:54 PM »

This might just be me, but I would put most of my money into one ginourmous ship. I'd do some safer missions to help pay it off, then I'd start climbing up in difficulty. This'll reduce the over-time attrition of your ships, though a big fleet could still wipe you all out at once.

If you don't want to risk a slow recovering, you could build a ship that costs a lot less and then play with that for a while to play around a bit. Just keep in mind, if a mission'd destroy a big ship, it'd probably wipe out a bunch of little ships totaling the same cost.

Of course, I'm probably not your most reliable source for information..

Fairfrozen01
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 05:23:35 PM »

When your on pve next, mail Faded, Magicat or chalf.
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 05:45:17 PM »

superships are the best to use definately, and although using one really big ship is ok, using a set of 3 or 4(i prefer 4) is better because it will get missions done in less tries.  I use this set-up.

Main- (Cost of Main)
Support- (85% Cost of Main)
Back Up- (75% Cost of Main)
Tail- (70% of Main)

This differs from player to player but that is what i like to use. Keep in mind you should never spend more than 3/4 of your money on ships, keep some in your base to earn interest, and save it in-case you lose a ship.

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: