Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 28, 2024, 09:00:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: encounters.  (Read 6555 times)
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2010, 12:53:21 AM »

ok so i havent seen a single encounter in over a month..

now i know im so far head and what not.. but its just ridiculous to not see a single encounter at all. this has just been getting worse and worse.. i havent even seen an interactive.. i remember i used 2 be able to find a good 10-20 encounters a day no worries and the game had alot more active players back then to..

anyone else having a shortage of encounter problem?
Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 06:38:43 PM »

Which server?

SOMain, Wars or PVe?

I really hate it when someone comes here complaining that something is not working and then forgets to say which server the issue is on. Especially when its something like encounters and the number of them are all different for each server.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:40:55 PM by Kenquinn » Report to moderator   Logged
Pirate55
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 06:53:22 PM »

i think hes talking about main.

and i have seen less but i figured it was just due to being higher up in power.

i usually find one every few days so more than you maybe theres less encounters with more power now?

something to prevent maxing as much?
 i dunno just a guess

but you are really really far ahead which is probably part of it
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 07:00:03 PM by Pirate55 » Report to moderator   Logged
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 07:00:34 PM »

Ok assuming your talking about main spayed the issue is that your 11x bigger then anyone else and only 3 people have hit the trillions the 4th ranked person is only at 70 bill.

Encounters are distributed based on how many people are at what power. Since there are only 3 players in the trillions and the 4th ranked person is in the billions you cant find any because there are only 1 or 2 encounters in the entire galaxy you can see.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 01:13:49 AM »

i doubt that.. i bet theres no encounters for spayed at all.. i havent seen any in a week or so myself

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 04:10:18 AM »

ken are u annoying just for the fun of it??

i only play main..

and i know exactly how encounters work...

my point was that its d**n annoying that i should get punished for being better then everyone else...

and encoutners have decreaced dramatically in the past few years... reguardless of the power..

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 03:33:31 PM »

my point was that its d**n annoying that i should get punished for being better then everyone else...

and encoutners have decreaced dramatically in the past few years... reguardless of the power..
To your first line well it was not obvious that you were complaining about you should not be punished with a lack of encounters for being good. Thank you for clearing it up.

You do make a point in that right now due to the skill level of players there are a few that are really good and the rest not so much creating a drastic gap of power between them.

This means that the few players that overtake the rest don't have any encounters they can do.

As to the rest of your quote I think the reduction in encounters you have noticed could be correlated to the number of good players decreasing. As I remember when the top 20 was pretty close together not its the top 3 and the rest goes down pretty quick. So before there was a much higher change of an encounter spawning at your power level now its dramatically less.

This is an issue I can see when you would not want to run around the galaxy burning 10k turns and not find anything decent to do. Its not fun and would make you want to leave the game.

Something should be done about this what exactly I do not know
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 11:09:41 PM »

You can find encounters using probes. Most are hidden aliens, but sometimes you find interactives with probes. The best interactives are harder to find then other interactives.

Regular encounters will spawn, but it depends on the number of players near your power. There are more middle and low power regular encounters because there are more players that have a middle / low power ranking.

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 12:17:19 AM »

emi.. yes i can find interactives.. but why should i bother doing them when at best they are a third the power of my tail ship..  it costs me over 500 trill for my next upgrade why should i waste 50 or more turns doing an interactive that wont give me 5trill.. 

and aliens just dont pay good at all anymore. there is no income for me except for my planet atm... and me being at this power spawns bigger aliens for the smaller people so that they can grow faster and i cant grow at all.

i dont think aliens should be counted as encounters and hidden interactive shouldnt either.

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 12:40:11 AM »

i completely agree with spayed.. i am at like 1 tril fp and when i find hidden encounters at the highest they are 20 bil fp.. at the highest.. i may make 50 bil credits off one.. woo big pay off for me

deezee66
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 04:12:19 AM »

This may or may not be related but i have yet to find a galaxy contract over 46 encryption i was hoping that it would get better once i hit lvl 50 but it hasnt so far.

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 04:20:50 AM »

deez encryptions spawn depending on what lvl people have for it.

now i know that none of the top players do them anymore becuase its not worth it. so you may not be finding many becuase nobody has a high encrypt lvl. but it is sort of related yet

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
deezee66
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 05:07:15 AM »

ya it just gets boring doing aliens and i just didnt feel like mining or building a planet

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 05:45:32 AM »

you should attack people. that makes it fun 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve