Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 09:15:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Free web hosting for alliances, fan sites, forums, totrials, etc.  (Read 3279 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2009, 01:48:17 AM »

We can offer now free web hosting for alliance forums / alliance websites / tutorials and all material related to Space Odyssey. There is also a promotional code if you want normal web hosting at 10% discount.

Please follow this link to get a free hosting account:
http://www.so-alliance.net/

Thank you.
Report to moderator   Logged

whitelightercarl
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 11:30:49 AM »

Hey sir Emi, I think Spaceo needs an interface update preferably with the use of AJAX web development technique.

Though I think you already know the information below, it might be of help for some forum readers:

Quote from: wikipedia.org
    * In many cases, related pages on a website consist of much content that is common between them. Using traditional methods, that content would have to be reloaded on every request. However, using Ajax, a web application can request only the content that needs to be updated, thus drastically reducing bandwidth usage and load time.

* The use of asynchronous requests allows the client's Web browser UI to be more interactive and to respond quickly to inputs, and sections of pages can also be reloaded individually. Users may perceive the application to be faster or more responsive, even if the application has not changed on the server side.

* The use of Ajax can reduce connections to the server, since scripts and style sheets only have to be requested once.

* State can be maintained throughout a Web site. JavaScript variables will persist because the main container page need not be reloaded.

Not only will you save huge amount of bandwidth but also it will attract new players.
Report to moderator   Logged

Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:57:46 PM »

I know this is necroing, but it's stickied.

The link doesn't work anymore, so I'm guessing you've scrapped this project, or is there a new website.

NOTICE: This domain name expired on 08/03/2010 and is pending renewal or deletion
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 11:11:54 AM by the-borg » Report to moderator   Logged

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: