Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 04:10:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Replicating  (Read 3458 times)
Fester
Corporal

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2009, 07:33:47 PM »

OK I'll admit I am feeling lazy and should probably note it down somewhere, but would it be possible in the structures window, when it lists your mines and the resources present in them to show what is being replicated from and to, possibly minerals used for replication shown in blue and replicated to shown in green.
Report to moderator   Logged
Techno
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 09:13:52 PM »

I don't see how this is useful? As its easy to view your mining facility that your going to "add" the modules to. Plus its fairly easy to figure out without having it installed. Take the "module" level x by 5% then take that number and depending on what your doing (input less or output more) and figure roughly how much.

I'm not staying it wouldn't be easier as what your suggesting would make it easier and less "time" consuming as I know people who can only play for about 10 minutes a day, but I fell Emi should work on other updates or his half finished "projects" first before going on to new updates.

(Sorry about being harsh *as some would say* and I apologizes ahead of time for this)
Fester
Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 05:24:55 AM »

laugh If that was "harsh" I think I can cope, and I accept that if I put up a suggestion then I should be prepared to duck 1

I think you may however have missunderstood me.

The replication module levels are not the issue so I will try to be clearer:-

In the system structures window it lists all your facilities and in the case of your mines all the resources in those structures.

If you can only jump on briefly at some point it would help (admittedly me) to be able to see from this window what each of your mines are replicating rather than using the turns to jump to each facility. Thereby allowing you to more efficiently tweek your resource production buy travelling to the most appropriate mine if something needs to be changed.

I don't see it as being a more complicated update than adding the "replied" icon to the mail page or the (online) flag to the alliance members tab.
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 07:55:40 AM »

haha your so lazy 13

just use diamond to replicate everything and it will be easy for you to tell 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 02:44:58 PM »

Think Fest replicates diamonds anyway, think he means is he would like to see what its replicating to.
DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 03:54:02 PM »

One easy way to know without having to warp the location of the station and look yourself is to always name the mining facility what you are replicating.. Name the station after you then the mining facility what you are replicating.. You would then be able to check by just going to the system structures window.. If you use diamond to replicate everything else like you should then half the problem is solved by already knowing what you are using, then the name would take care of the second part..
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 03:33:30 PM »

One easy way to know without having to warp the location of the station and look yourself is to always name the mining facility what you are replicating.. Name the station after you then the mining facility what you are replicating.. You would then be able to check by just going to the system structures window.. If you use diamond to replicate everything else like you should then half the problem is solved by already knowing what you are using, then the name would take care of the second part..
Ya but make sure to use a code for your output or it will be a one stop shop for people need a specific resource like 53 54 4F 4E 45

Kenquinn waits for someone to decode that.....
Renshaak
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 03:57:10 PM »

Well, Ken, your code is too smart for me.  Look like Hex but that's as far as I can go!

Adding to the main idea of the topic, I'd expand it to being able to alter your settings from the structures screen.  The fact that you can warp an armada across the galaxy to assault someone for essentially no turns but can't transmit "replicate iron" to your stations remotely makes no sense.
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 06:14:16 PM »

Ya but make sure to use a code for your output or it will be a one stop shop for people need a specific resource like 53 54 4F 4E 45

Kenquinn waits for someone to decode that.....

That would be Stone right?

Anyways I agree that you should be able to set what your replicating from and into remotely, but I have never found it to be too big of a deal.
Just replicate Diamond into whatever else you need then when you need a specific resources you can use system structures to view what each has in it and go to the right one.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: