Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 29, 2024, 04:15:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: An idea!!!  (Read 2565 times)
vanaisa
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »

Could Emi please make an option to build like more then 1 modul per one refresh to station or mining facility. As its quite annoying to build 20 input modules on at the time.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 10:33:57 PM by vanaisa » Report to moderator   Logged
ninjastrike40
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 07:24:56 PM »

Ya it gets annoying having to do tht. And why isn't this in the suggestions section?  confused

Edit: Thanks for moving topic Tony
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 10:39:22 PM by ninjastrike40 » Report to moderator   Logged

Winning a forum argument is like winning an argument with your mother.
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 08:12:40 AM »

well if you just click built or what ever multiple times it usually build it multiple times
Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 03:30:29 PM »

He does not bother me I just use the back button on my mouse.

Ya but it is a bit tiresome to have to do it 20+ times if your station gets killed to put everything back on it.
Renshaak
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 03:46:32 PM »

I'm with Van on this.  I know there's been some call for a new UI in general, but just making the current UI less tedious would go a long way IMHO.

Here's my roughly ranked list:

1.  System View - Add checkbox filters on missions to narrow missions to combinations of types (one for each of segs, creds and workers)
2.  Quadrant scans - do away with need for pinpointers OR have a "Scan until X found or Y pinpointers used" option
3.  Mission Contracts - include "System Only" filter in the Nearest/Quadrant/Galaxy dropdown
4.  Mission Contracts - Show Item payoff for in-system missions
5.  Mission Contracts - add quick attack link / button
6.  Items Terminal allow selling more than 5 items at a time.  At least 20 if not a "sell all in category" really needs to be there.
7.  Rebuilding planets, stations and mining facilities - allow setting number of structures to build rather than two clicks per 1 built
8.  Market - Add "Buy" and "Minimum Bid" buttons and apply to all checked items.
9.  View/Edit fleet - change option buttons to checkboxes and allow selling of more than one fleet at a time.
10.  Rankings - add search by name and by alliance

If these can't be done, many could be at least easier if the "Space Odyssey Announcement" banner was a fixed size.  This would keep the option from moving up or down the page after each page refresh.
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 06:18:51 PM »

I'm with Van on this.  I know there's been some call for a new UI in general, but just making the current UI less tedious would go a long way IMHO.

Here's my roughly ranked list:

1.  System View - Add checkbox filters on missions to narrow missions to combinations of types (one for each of segs, creds and workers)
2.  Quadrant scans - do away with need for pinpointers OR have a "Scan until X found or Y pinpointers used" option
3.  Mission Contracts - include "System Only" filter in the Nearest/Quadrant/Galaxy dropdown
4.  Mission Contracts - Show Item payoff for in-system missions
5.  Mission Contracts - add quick attack link / button
6.  Items Terminal allow selling more than 5 items at a time.  At least 20 if not a "sell all in category" really needs to be there.
7.  Rebuilding planets, stations and mining facilities - allow setting number of structures to build rather than two clicks per 1 built
8.  Market - Add "Buy" and "Minimum Bid" buttons and apply to all checked items.
9.  View/Edit fleet - change option buttons to checkboxes and allow selling of more than one fleet at a time.
10.  Rankings - add search by name and by alliance

If these can't be done, many could be at least easier if the "Space Odyssey Announcement" banner was a fixed size.  This would keep the option from moving up or down the page after each page refresh.

These sound like good ideas.
I would suggest though some changes to 9 and 10.
I think with 9 why they are not checkboxes is so someone doesn't try to view/edit multiple fleets, but if Emi could make it so if multiple are checked it just opens them in new tabs it would work great.
With 10 if we are gonna be able to search via name and alliance then we should be able to search by number too.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: