Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 04, 2024, 08:01:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: some suggestions  (Read 8737 times)
The-Joe
Corporal

Aliens got me!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 11:16:30 AM »

My bet there are less then 30 people in top 30  16
Report to moderator   Logged

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 11:19:05 AM »

hehe maybe 13

couple of alts mite be in there 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Wdude247
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 03:16:47 PM »

About giving noobs designs why not:
1. Make encounters and certain missions that give you a chance to find random ships/ship designs? (this can work for older players to) the ship designs could range to a small, weak swarmer to pships. They could be good ship designs to, (like million, or billion fleet power) so noobs have to save up and older players would benefit from it to.  like the encounter with the derelict mothership you could make a encounter/mission about exploring ship wrecks and sometimes, you could get a ship (and design obviously) "your crew is able to fix the ship" or something like that. Or just the design "Your crew found blue prints to the ship but it was beyond repair."

2. Make a tutorial on how to make good ships

I think both ideas would help noobs and older players.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 03:23:14 PM by Wdude247 » Report to moderator   Logged
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 03:47:11 PM »

2. http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,4214.0.html

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 10:19:02 PM »

yea there are plenty for guides that help new people is they are willing to read and learn

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Renshaak
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 10:04:45 AM »

I'd add one caveat on the protection or not for top 30s.  It is not true that a top 30 should be able to defend himself in the case of the bottom 25 or so, usually.

Earlier this round was a perfect example.  One player had carte blanche to destroy not only anything, but EVERYTHING.  Didn't matter how many bases you put on your planet or how many times you upgraded your ocean (or even proto) or how much you researched station cloaking, there simply was nothing preventing him from taking literally every planet and destroying every single mining facility in the game in one day.

Perhaps at some point, planetary conquering goes away (but still leaving raids) or maybe mining facilities could also research warp bubbles--maybe even having to jettison some of the excess resources.

I know a lot of top players are worried about loss of PvP, but if there is THAT much disparity it's only fun for that guy.

TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 11:32:19 AM »

Earlier this round was a perfect example.  One player had carte blanche to destroy not only anything, but EVERYTHING.  Didn't matter how many bases you put on your planet or how many times you upgraded your ocean (or even proto) or how much you researched station cloaking, there simply was nothing preventing him from taking literally every planet and destroying every single mining facility in the game in one day.

No update can fix what you described unless emi decideds to limit donations (which he won't)
Renshaak
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 12:00:26 PM »

It is a bit like fixing the tax code--there'll always be another loophole.  But I think it can make a difference.

I'm not necessarily saying Emi should take everything away, but as it stands currently there is nothing stopping what happened this round.  Allowing players to have viable means of improving their position goes a long way.  And simply not allowing spenders to attack some things gives that.  Might it drive off the Fenders of the galaxy?  Maybe, but I think it's in Emi's best interest to to bore one $200 donater into lower donations or leaving than continuing to allow dozens of new players leave after a round, or part of one--especially when I'm reading posts indicating some of them were getting gold accounts and spending $5-10 a week before giving up and leaving because they were getting hammered every time the logged in.
OggieVonMaster
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »

yes  all i can do is read this forum
Somewhere it says to read guide
where is guide
i have been on one hour 49 min.  can not even get past the forum
Stupid set up for beginners

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 02:33:13 AM »

the guide is on the top righthand side of the screen in game. if you need to know something either make a spesific post on the forums or ask somebody on the ingame chat.

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009, 02:42:53 AM »

Also the search feature is golden. I have learnt tons of things by searching for it.
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2009, 03:07:42 AM »

lol i dont even know how that works 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve