Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 07:58:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Galaxy Work Suggestions. ( post 'em here people )  (Read 6646 times)
Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2006, 02:01:27 PM »

Well , first of all , i whant them to be like missions. the more power you have the more the reward will be not liek encounters , you sped 500 turns to get rewards worth 10 missions , 150 turns.

And it sounds good , you go to one point , and load up the cargo and lets say you have to choose the destiantion , it will take you 15 turns , but you dont do anything else , the longer the distance the longer you have to wait , and in that waiting time you get attacked liek from other people , and if you get screwd and lose some cargo you fail the mision or dont get the full reward.

This is my 1.st suggestion untill now. but PLEASE , dont make me travel the galaxy with bils loads of cargo and destroy a 20 mil reaver base , its just a waste of turns.
Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 09:21:34 PM »

waste of turns is the last thing we need with missions being at like 15 turns each, and the galaxy costing so much to explore...

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 03:10:35 PM »

not to mention mine, that wastes more tunrs then explorering, encounters and missions combined!

Valefore
Lance Corporal

Ya think?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 12:30:33 AM »

Yea... But I used my "waste of turns" to build facilitys so I could hold more turns...  15
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 12:42:12 AM »

yes, but it is a waste of turns. Mining should be like the trainign for your commander, you use credits or turns, not both. But I'm with Ricu on this. I like his ideas for the galaxy work. Also, I WANT COUNCIL! Sir emi said he'd have it up over two weeks ago!

Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 05:30:41 PM »

for the council space places i dont think it will be very good cause if the council has their very own plkace then wouldnt it be an unfair advantage for them and even tho im supposed to be in the council i still think its unfair for the rest of the people who play space O

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 05:39:25 PM »

The council space would be nuetral, for everyone to use.

Valefore
Lance Corporal

Ya think?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 06:40:22 PM »

True, but some of the people may try to abuse it.. so if attacking through space is implemented then that would have to be a a no fire zone...
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 06:44:41 PM »

yes, that would be fair.

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 10:16:45 PM »

Not to add anything to previus discusion but i think that in order to attack a person you need to spend the number of turns that t would take to reach thier posision in the galaxy, or a placed a tracking device on them or something, what gets me is that on the oposite side of the galaxy a person can attack at the same turn loss as someone in the same system.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 01:22:25 AM »

That's because attacking isn't done in the galaxy, it's done outside of it. The galaxy is a side feature, it isn't the main part of the game. All you use it for is mining and finding encounters (and soon to be space stations, planets, and those job things) so changing the turns for that isn't needed, plus it would be complicated and not fair, as you'd have to try to find someone to attack them, or just not if they are on the other side of the galaxy.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 10:53:18 PM »

think of it this way, attacking someone is a hit and run, you hyuperspace there, do your damage (hence only 1 real 'round' of combat) and take off before they can give chase, hyperspacing back tot he mothership. 

moving through the galaxy, you are moving not only all your forces, but your 'point of reference' to, your mothership. (and if you want, not using hyperspace either)

--expanded: hyperspace requires 2 'points of referance' a start, and an end, and when attacking, the 'points of referance used are the 2 opposing motherships.  however, when simply moving through space, you have no 'ending point of referance' and so must go the 'long' way without hyperspace, thus requiring the use of much much more time (turns). 

anyway, thought that might help here.  and yes luffy, things like this ARE important.  someone goes to a game and all it is is just a bunch of buttons and stuff slapped together, with no explanation of why 'this is this way' it is called 'poor/bad storyline.'  something spaceO does NOT need.  (and while I am on this topic) same goes with spelling.  I have seen you repeatedly say it is 'not important' but really it is.  If I go to a game and the spelling looks like a 5-year-old did it, it better be a REALLY awesome game, otherwise I would just quit then.

anyway, as for suggestions:

an interesting idea for you all, a couple 'non designer' ships, that must be built 'as is' for 1 specific purpose.

Mobile Mining Station (MMS): to be used in tandem with guard fleets and resources.  as it stays there under guard, it slowly mines 0.1% (or lower) of all resources in the system, and stores them till the mothership comes and picks them up.  if the guards are attacked and defeated before then the resources are captured by the winning person.

Mobile Hyperspace Device (MHD): to be used with guard fleets.  if you (or one of your allies) is moving to a system with one of these stationed in it, then the turn/fuel cost is 0 (or 5) as then it is being used as the 'ending point of referance' and so can simply hyperspace to it's location.  if the defending fleet is defeated, the winning person is able to use 1 free counter on the losing person.

Stellar Converter (SC): (as you put in the original story, just expanded upon) within 24 hours, completely destroys a planet.  however, because of the long charging time, if there is any defenses left on or around the planet, the SC is at risk and so will be unable to fire.

Genesis Device (GD): (as I'm sure you were already planning)  withing 24 hours, creates a small planet to be used by the creator and his alliance.

Planetary Terraformer (PT): used in the process to create and sustain larger sized planets.

Planetary Chart: (just going as an example to show what I mean)
PT's needed:       Size of planet
         Small: N/A             Size:    1000
      Medium:    2             Size:    5000
         Large:   10            Size:  25000
         Huge:   50            Size: 100000

where 1 size allows the construction of 1 building, or the storage of 1000 cargo each.

hope some of this helps

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 11:55:14 PM »

real nice ideas i defently wouldnt mind putting thosue in, hay id be the first to make a planet!!! and oh, it would also be cool is it showed created planets on the "systum view" somehow rotating around the star thats there, and that youd be able to make more than one planet. oh yay id create my own soler systum 13 mabey even build in an astroid belt!

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 02:09:58 PM »

That would be intense... 12

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 06:13:35 PM »

ya... which means there must be some limit somewhere, maybe 1 planet per person?  then planets are shared alliance wide?  or as many planets as you want, but only in 1 solar system?  or maybe a limit to how many planets in a solar system depending on what star is present?  like black holes = 0 planets (they would just get sucked in) but normal stars like yellow ones can have a planet max of 10.

actually, an interesting solution may be this:

planet terraformers are used also to make the planet bigger, but the scal e I had before is used as classification, as in:

PT's neededto upgrade:       Size of planet
                       Small: N/A             Size:    1000~    4000
                    Medium:    2             Size:    5000~   20000
                       Large:  10            Size:  25000~   80000
                       Huge:   50            Size: 100000~ 200000
                  Immense: 100            Size: 250000~ Infinite

then you have a limit of 1 planet per system, as any more is simply unnecessary.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: