Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 15, 2024, 03:58:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Aliens - Less lower power loot  (Read 3334 times)
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2009, 10:21:50 AM »

It seems that currently the reward item you get from aliens is semi-random. Generally, the higher the fp, the higher the item reward. However, it seems quite common that these days you can get something like a 30xSilver Hack Card when destroying a 1Q fp alien. That doesn't make sense.

I expect to get 30xHack Cards when I have really low fp (eg. 1 mil fp). I understand that this is done to keep things balance so the high fp players don't get too over-powered....but surely something can be done to make the "random drop range" more appropriate?

Comments please
Report to moderator   Logged
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 10:27:50 AM »

I'm finding with aliens, the credit and worker items don't really gain you anything for people the 1 Quad credits at their disposal. Only reason I kill aliens is for xp, segs and the rare chance of some turns so can go looking for the even rarer encounters.
I can now see what a few old vets were saying about the grind when you get very high in power. I would like to see some sort of incentive to keep the top 10 interested... maybe my suggestion some time back of some extremely valuable rare item that could be a one of find, hidden somewhere in the galaxy.
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 10:32:29 AM »

True. The problem is further fueled by the fact that you get hack cards at tril fp power as well. Killing say a 700 tril fp alien commander should not give me hack cards as the reward.

The purpose of aliens is mainly for items: turns, cps etc. However, having these really low value items does not make sense

How about finding 30x alpha captains worth a total of like 500creds?

I like the rare item idea sat as well.
Kellarn ak Thull
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 10:35:51 AM »

Can't say I have reached your exalted levels but I do feel the rewards from hidden aliens are disproportionate to the investment in turns to engage them (don't get me started on having to travel to them before finding out what fp you face).

Even when hitting aliens in the high billions or low trill, you don't want the result to be 30 Bronze hack cards.

Apologies if this is off the topic, I'll get my coat.

(Footsteps recede into the distance....................)
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 10:40:29 AM »

Thull, that is exactly right. At high billions and trillion fp, you should not be getting hack cards or alpha captains IMO. Whatever emi uses to determine what is dropped should be altered slightly so you tend to get more appropriate drops....either that or use sat idea of some sort of rare item.

I wouldn't mind grinding if there was a chance I could find some really cool item that would make the top ten turn upside down hehe
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 11:47:42 AM »

I'm going to look into the drop rates of the alien encounters and maybe increase the average drop rate. Right not it's like small small, big, small, small reward like that. I'll try something like small, medium, small, big, medium, small, etc.

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 02:33:18 PM »

well i think ya should reconsider what you call rare items and we should go bigger cred and worker items.. 1.5 bil x 30 isnt much for someone in the quad fp range

TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 10:01:22 PM »

I'm going to look into the drop rates of the alien encounters and maybe increase the average drop rate. Right not it's like small small, big, small, small reward like that. I'll try something like small, medium, small, big, medium, small, etc.

That sounds good emi. How difficult is it to also completele remove hack cards at a certain fp range? eg. Remove the drop of hack cards at say 10 tril fp and replace it with something more
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 10:39:14 PM »

well i think ya should reconsider what you call rare items and we should go bigger cred and worker items.. 1.5 bil x 30 isnt much for someone in the quad fp range

yea i agree, bigger credit items would certainly make it a bit more profitable, i can go aliens all day and only make 10 trill in items, my next upgrade will cost me over 20 quad 2 marine..

and i also think that worker and credit items should not be rare, after a certain fp lvl, they are more then common

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: