Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 26, 2024, 10:08:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: More attack types  (Read 1872 times)
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2009, 02:54:34 PM »

I was thinking of some attack types that could be added and here is what I came up with:

Raid Mothership:
You have a raid asteroid base why not the mothership too?
It would have your fleets vs. enemy fleets then based on the amount of damage inflicted and sustained by you ships you would get segs and credits that they had on hand.

All out attack:
This could work like a regular attack except they keep going 'til either the attacker or defender has no more ships left.
Of course for this one the hp would continue to be damaged and the acu. penalty would have to be lowered going into multiple waves of attacks but I think it would be fun 13

Let me know what you guys think and add anything you might think will improve them.
Report to moderator   Logged

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 03:09:05 PM »

Raid mothership would be a interesting attack type would make starting dday harder though. Most people in it just have enough cash out of there secret base to stay in the top 200

All out attack is no offense intended a terrible idea. It would make zeroing someone ridiculously easy. As whoever has the bigger ships zeros the other player.
D S
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 03:10:28 PM »

I only see one problem with each of them.

1. Credits would no longer have a safe place, the purpose of the mothership and why there is no interest earned on mothership.

2. It would nullify the use for powerships, this may not be a bad thing depending on who you talk to, but it would also imbalance the game by having only one or two super-powerful players and then everyone else would be super-weak.

These would imbalance the game alot, to the point that new players would not even be able to learn the game I think. I like the idea of having more attack types, but they need to be balanced somehow.
Kellarn ak Thull
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 06:49:08 AM »

On the raid option, rather than raiding motherships, it sould be good to be able to raid mines, the contents (or a percentage thereof) is taken but the structure remains intact.  I do however think a counter should be logged against the attacker though.

Another thought, it is possible for an attacker to capture ships on board attacks. My thought is if an attacker looses a boarding engagement there should be a chance of the defender capturing the attacking ships, basically there =would be insufficient surviving sailors to fly/defend them so could be captured.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: