Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 02:32:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: An Age Old Question How the Heck do I play this game(SO MAIN) - Updated 3/1/2009  (Read 2390 times)
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2008, 01:06:12 AM »

Well there are several questions that many people ask when they start playing SpaceO. such as "What do I do?", "How do i play this game?" or "Why do my ships keep dying"?

I am starting this post to make a all around guide to spaceo everything from. Starting out to designing killer ships.

Now I am going to start compiling a list of everything I'll need here but if anyone wants to post guides I will edit them in to this. I am also going to cannibalize other post here for good information hopefully this will start to hold good information. However I am just making this post tonight I need to get some sleep so I will start working on the framework tomorrow.

Part 1: Beginning a round

When you start a round you begin with 500.000 Credits and a number of turns. The first thing you need to do is vote using the vote buttons at the top of the screen this will get you at least 10.000.000 Credits and 90 more Turns however it takes up to 15 minutes after pressing the vote buttons for you to get it. You will get more Credits and Turns by voting later in the round it increases based on the power of everyone playing SpaceO.

Now you will have around 10.500.000 Credits and some turns.

To be continued ...

Pvp Tactics For Newbies

Well the first and most basic thing I am going to teach you how to do is survive in the lower ranks. The key to this is a igneous and simply invention call PowerShips/OShips.

What they are is a very cheap ship with huge amounts of attack but no Accuracy/ACC. There are not meant for attacking what they do is die after one attack.

You may be thinking why would I buy a ship that's meant to die and cant be used for doing missions/encounters?

That answer is very simple if the ships die after being coughed at they can put you in to a nebula after one or two attacks. Giving you up to a 24 hour period of not be able to be attacked except by Counter attacks and if your in a Incursion.

You need at least 20% of you power killed in one attack in order for you to be put in to a nebula. So you need to do same simply math for how many Pships you need to buy to get in a nebula instantly.

Finish Later me tired 2

To Do List:
Add Info about the UI
Add Info about PvP Tactics
Add Ship Name List for Newbies as well as compete designs
Add Gold Account Info
Add Incursion Data
Add Quadrant Alien Info
Add Station/Planet/System Fleet Info
Add Reaver Info
Add Mining Info
Add SpaceO Lingo
Add detailed information about Nebula Times
Add the rest of the things I need to add ...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 09:05:59 PM by Kenquinn » Report to moderator   Logged
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 12:11:45 PM »

Well, we do have a short guide and a long guide on the SpaceO wiki...

I mean, the wiki is always available for reading and writing.

(Edit:) Nobody even has to format or edit their own articles. Just put something up there and I'll make it pretty.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 12:18:29 PM by Chronos » Report to moderator   Logged

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 03:13:28 PM »

Well, we do have a short guide and a long guide on the SpaceO wiki...

I mean, the wiki is always available for reading and writing.

(Edit:) Nobody even has to format or edit their own articles. Just put something up there and I'll make it pretty.
Well they were written by Emi who does not play the game and it more information about how the game works and not on how to play it competitively. I am going to add stuff to the wiki at some point I just want to get it altogether on the forums first. Sir Emis gudies in the wiki are also quite brief so I thank they can be improved upon.
Report to moderator   Logged
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 09:06:53 PM »

I'll be taking you up on that after I finish the first draft here 12
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: