Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 08:41:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: segs for max ship size (again)  (Read 11315 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2008, 12:24:28 AM »

(for those who just want to see the suggestion, scroll to bottom)

I think it goes without saying... ok, no it doesn't.  I know it was part of my big long list of suggestions but I think this one in particular is worth suggesting again.
btw, if you want to know the full list, the link is http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,4727.0.html

right now... what do segs do for you? hold your merchandise and items? you get about 100-1000 and that's all you need for a long long time (unless you trade regularly... then what? 20k?)

ok, 20k being used, what about the other 230k you got?

could put it in workshops? all that does it let you build seg buildings faster... nothing else.

so where does it go? biofarms.  for a measly 10 credits per turn, per biofarm.  now granted, in the begginning, it's great, in the middle, it's a nice bump up when your using turns for other things.  but 100k biofarms only gives 1m a turn, and usually by the time you have that many, you've got ships that cost in the billions, if not trillions.  the only real thing with it is to lower the cost of mining, since biofarms gives per turn, and mining takes out per turn, you can get it to cancel each other out and mine for free... but again, at this point, you've probably got enough credits as is.

so my suggestion?
make it so the maximum size ship you can make, is say, take worskhops, or just segments period, and your not allowed create or resupply fleets where there space is over 1000 times the amount of segs you have.

what would this do? it would force players to get segments if they wanna grow.  right now segs are just a nice addition, this would make it essential.  and where would they get segs from? everywhere... you cang et segs from galaxy, contracts, encounters, exploring (for begginning only... completely worthless later on)

however, you only get what? 500? 5000? segments per mission... if this goes in your going to have people with millions of segments easy.  if you take 1% of the person's segments when you attack, and  he has 2 million segments, that's 20000 segments in one attack.  now figure in you get what? 5%? per attack? that's alot.

the way I see it, back before all these updates, in the classic SO, the main way to grow was segments, and secret base, that's it.  which meant segments were actually important, and the only real way to get more, was by attacking other people.  what this suggestion can do, is not only put the emphasis BACK on the segments, but KEEP it on the segments.  segments that is most easily gotten through PvP, not PvE.

now what ships will this effect? superships will still be the most useful thing, however superships, especially cost effective ones, require segments, lots and lots of segments.  swarmers won't be affected, because there individual hull size is so low, however they are really hard to make effective.  if they are used a lot, then you will have an actual fleet to keep track of, not an armada of 10 ships.  for extra stats on your ship, you can still just pay more credits for those extra few things, tho it will cost you.

----------------------------------
in short, this suggestion is: you cannot use ships that the space is over 1000x times the amount of segs you have
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 12:33:39 AM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 01:01:21 AM »

thumbsdown

i used to like your suggestions ars, but emi wont increase seg rewards, for 25 bil fp seg mission i get 25k segs, for 238 trill fp seg mission i get 25k segs...a high top ten player usually has around 10 mil segs ( before planet update) and thats at powers in the trillions, 10,000,000,000 is 1000*10mil.....11.854.097.350     is the hull for two trill credit ship...thats 41 more ships to max ship...so, basically your just suggesting so classic.  thumbsdown increase segs rewards to keep on the 1k segs per bil fp and it would be all good.
Report to moderator   Logged

Peace And Happy Hunting
Qualopec
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 01:14:37 AM »

If you want it to be about segs join the wars server.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 01:37:30 AM »

If you want it to be about segs join the wars server.

so your saying wars is all about segments? how?  you wouldn't by any chance still be using ships less then 100 mil fp would you?  biofarms do NOT make enough credits to run your empire off of by itself.  NEVER has.  even in SO classic.

thumbsdown

i used to like your suggestions ars, but emi wont increase seg rewards, for 25 bil fp seg mission i get 25k segs, for 238 trill fp seg mission i get 25k segs...a high top ten player usually has around 10 mil segs ( before planet update) and thats at powers in the trillions, 10,000,000,000 is 1000*10mil.....11.854.097.350     is the hull for two trill credit ship...thats 41 more ships to max ship...so, basically your just suggesting so classic.  thumbsdown increase segs rewards to keep on the 1k segs per bil fp and it would be all good.

this is not SO classic... this is a badly needed improvement.  and at high top 10, you have very little, if any PvP (tho it does happen... every couple weeks)  if this were put in place, in the top 10 you would have to attack to get your massive amounts of segs.  5% of 10000000 is 500.000.  that's a big jump in segs.  now where do those players get there segs? the people below them.  until it finally goes all the way down to people on bottom getting k's of segments exploring.

and besides, 1000x is an example, idk what the actual amount should be

besides, maxing out is actually a BAD thing... you max out... what happens within about 2 weeks? we start over. why? because you maxed out and now very limited on what you can actually -do-
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 01:40:03 AM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 04:38:02 AM »

Actually, WARs is about segs, since its the only way to sustain secret base and/or planets. Biofarms are crap at income, true, but they are still vital.

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

whitelightercarl
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 09:58:08 AM »

How wars is all about segments?
WARs is built for PVP and whats driving players into attacking others is primarily the segments.

Why do we need their segments?
We need them build biofarms.

Why do we need biofarms?
For us to support the continual growth of our workers.

Why do we need workers?
Because workers are the main source of our income.

Why do we need the income?
We need them to attack & defend as well as outrank players.

Scion of Fangor
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 04:04:50 AM »

Hangars, perhaps to have swarmers you have to have hangars to hold swarmers say 100sgs can hold 20000 fighters. And as for building ships, you could employ orbital ship yards 1

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 07:40:19 AM »

if u intend this update for main it is a stupid idea, i doubt it would work on wars either, not only are the rewards on seg missions to low to sustain the growth. needing to have segs would make the planets update useless because people would need their segs for shippys

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 03:11:27 PM »

Hangars, perhaps to have swarmers you have to have hangars to hold swarmers say 100sgs can hold 20000 fighters. And as for building ships, you could employ orbital ship yards 1

bloody brilliant.

everyone uses pships correct? then do it on number of ships. 100 segs can hold idk? 100 ships?

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 08:27:22 PM »

alot of people use power shippys yes, but they can always design bigger ones so that they dont have 2 buy as many 2 ge thte same power

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 03:11:58 PM »

everyone uses pships correct? then do it on number of ships. 100 segs can hold idk? 100 ships?
And kill swarmer's/Kami's?

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 04:37:43 AM »

swammers and kamis are useful strategy and can be used as offence aswell as defence, power shippys are just for people who want a quick neb, you shouldnt be penalised for having swammers or kamis

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 11:39:41 PM »

for this idea to work, a few other ideas would have to be added in, or it'd just get in the way of growing.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 12:44:17 AM »

well... I understand it would halt growth a little bit... making the rounds longer... letting it take people much longer before maxing out... but wasn't that the point? to keep people from just maxxing out every 7 months and so starting a new round?

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 12:54:51 AM »

true, but there are otherways to do it that won't affect lower players too.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: