Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 11:24:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: So Classic  (Read 10265 times)
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« on: December 04, 2008, 07:56:20 PM »

I've said it a million times Emi, we NEED this. All the veterans want it, a lot of people who play/played Wars want it, and you're losing players fast.

Give us how SO once was, no missions, no galaxy, just you, your alliance, and other people to make money off of. Back then, the game was all fun, now it's a tiny bit of fun with too much grinding, and it's what is causing players to quit.

And go look at ars's suggestions for SO Main, implement some, they're great ideas, especially the make doomsday in galaxy, final rankings more alliance prone, alliance bonuses.

But please, give us SO Classic, before it's to late. I prefer the days of tiny man, heaven forbid, over what SO Main is now.

Sometimes the best formula is the original.
Report to moderator   Logged

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 08:00:12 PM »

I wish i could give you more than +1 rep for this...

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 08:57:04 PM »

alll the veterains want it??, we need this??

you want it, i havent heard much support for it.

some of your ideas i agree with m8, epecially the alliance ones, but emi needs 2 fix up so main b4 he goes and makes another server

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
waylain16
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 11:02:59 PM »

some of your ideas i agree with m8, epecially the alliance ones, but emi needs 2 fix up so main b4 he goes and makes another server

Couldnt have said it better myself

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 11:11:38 PM »

aye aye completely agree with spayed

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »

sorta agree with all of u, especially mob  wow

uve got my support for this idea seither.

tinymen rule the wars server, im not one to talk cuz i use em too, but tinymen are the only way to get any action. i like strategy. on wars server, strategy and diplomacy are still required if u want to advance, but not enough to make it a true aspect of the game.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 01:23:18 AM »

no offense... but it's hard to want something back to the original when you weren't playing that far back...

and no, I'm not saying this to anyone specifically...
partly because I don't like calling names...
and partly because I have no idea how long ago that was and when you all actually joined  Opps

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 02:23:48 AM »

Spayed(#8446)

ive been around a while, im not sure i was there for the period seither is talking about but ive been around the game for ages

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 03:00:47 PM »

i've heard enough about it to like it  16

anywhere there is no grinding there is me  wow

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

SkitZz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 05:02:14 PM »

spaceo classic sounds gay, one form of income, mothership missions, pvp is boring as hell (no reseving counter attacks in the galaxy etc.)  and it still isn't profitable by any means if fact its far worse,( at least in main i can raid some planets and get a little reward for my trouble not to mention crippeling my opponets income mid round ;). )  one stragity to win the round, be in a good alliance and spend down your turns everyday, sounds like spaceo for kindergarden kids to me. I was there in this so "classic" and the amount of straigtys/play styles there are these days compeared to the boring old days of mothership missions , really makes the game interesting. People are quiting spaceo not because they don't like planets and stations and all thoes other "new" things that proabley scare the hell out of all you other g unit players (i'm an x g unit player myself crx if you were around back then), but becuase theres to much grinding to finish top 10 atm, we don't need a new server to fix things we need the current game balanced. in saying all that i'm not apposed to a so classic server accually i'd proabley play it 1. but atm it just seams like your too bloddy lazy to learn the new spaceo and how it works and instead are jsut wineing for things to go back the way they were (so classic).
Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 05:59:25 PM »

spaceo classic sounds gay, one form of income, mothership missions, pvp is boring as hell (no reseving counter attacks in the galaxy etc.)  and it still isn't profitable by any means if fact its far worse,( at least in main i can raid some planets and get a little reward for my trouble not to mention crippeling my opponets income mid round ;). )  one stragity to win the round, be in a good alliance and spend down your turns everyday, sounds like spaceo for kindergarden kids to me. I was there in this so "classic" and the amount of straigtys/play styles there are these days compeared to the boring old days of mothership missions , really makes the game interesting. People are quiting spaceo not because they don't like planets and stations and all thoes other "new" things that proabley scare the hell out of all you other g unit players (i'm an x g unit player myself crx if you were around back then), but becuase theres to much grinding to finish top 10 atm, we don't need a new server to fix things we need the current game balanced. in saying all that i'm not apposed to a so classic server accually i'd proabley play it 1. but atm it just seams like your too bloddy lazy to learn the new spaceo and how it works and instead are jsut wineing for things to go back the way they were (so classic).

I understood half of what you said... but from what i understood, the only reason people are leaving is because they dont know how to play main? Are you serious? Some of the best players in SO history left because of some updates.

and the main reason i agree with seither is the grinding, so much grinding... i dont even bother playing main of the boredom... what kind of strategy does grinding require? Doing missions is about as much fun as writing an essay, and i assure people didnt sign up to get a boredom overdose.

one stragity to win the round, be in a good alliance and spend down your turns everyday, sounds like spaceo for kindergarden kids to me

isnt this exactly what happens on main nowadays? Simply being in an alliance that feeds you money, and doing a shatload of missions everyday will get you a top ten spot...  14
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 06:01:07 PM by Mobius13 » Report to moderator   Logged

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 06:22:16 PM »

isnt this exactly what happens on main nowadays? Simply being in an alliance that feeds you money, and doing a shatload of missions everyday will get you a top ten spot...  14

exactly what it is today.

many of the poeple you have said have "quit" so actually play regularly on wars where the updates are the same, well at least for planets and stuff. examples: blakranger51, Pirates

so maybe what skitzz said about balancing the game needs to happen, but so classic seems like a good idea as well... emi is one person remember.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
SkitZz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 12:50:21 AM »

I understood half of what you said... but from what i understood, the only reason people are leaving is because they dont know how to play main? Are you serious? Some of the best players in SO history left because of some updates.

and the main reason i agree with seither is the grinding, so much grinding... i dont even bother playing main of the boredom... what kind of strategy does grinding require? Doing missions is about as much fun as writing an essay, and i assure people didnt sign up to get a boredom overdose.

one stragity to win the round, be in a good alliance and spend down your turns everyday, sounds like spaceo for kindergarden kids to me

the reson people are leaving is becuase they have to grind 3-4 horus a day for a top 10 spot, not becuase they dont' know how to play thats ridiculous lol, all i'm saying is i think you will find it spaceo classic too simple that you'll go from one extreme to the other thus solveing nothing, all that needs to be fixed in so main is the grinding, once we have that balanced game where top spot is achiveable with little under an hours play i think you'll see the game being to grow again 1.

as for 1 stragity to win the round, an alliance helps dramticly but i can go station spam,mining eco, quick exp boom to level 6 motherships missions, incursion till level 12 mothership missions (second jump in the mothership mission), balanced build (ed's and gt's mostly a galaxying grinding build), seg boom for early planet, and tons of other straitys, from start to mid round at least end game is preety stright foward (max line and marriens asap then smash the galaxy) , maybe one way to win the round wasn't the right way of putting it but i think spaceo these days allows for a lot more play styles then the old one.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 02:31:43 AM »

so main was fine with galaxy.. what really starting hurting things was all these updates.. interactive missions, incursions, hidden aliens and in my mind the worst update so far was the galaxy attacks, now everyone buddy nebs theres no strategy attacking or anything anymore.. pvp on main is gone because of galaxy attacks... and dont forget that if you find something that gives turns you wont see another one for a month

Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 01:14:05 PM »

now everyone buddy nebs theres no strategy attacking or anything anymore.

Buddy nebbing could be ended quite easily and at the same time make alliances somewhat more effective by making it so one person is only allowed to do 15% damage to another person. For example I attack someone and do 15% damage. It nebs them for me but anyone else can till attack them. No more buddy nebbing and potentially more pvp maybe make a limit to total damage done to someone but then they will be able to be buddy nebbed still. Also alliances could get into some major wars that would wipe out both alliances (if they are relatively balanced and online at the same time) or give your alliance a better ranking and make them more feared and less likely to be attacked 1

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: